News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Passengers Who Fall To Sleep

Started by Ginger66, August 04, 2018, 10:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 60171

Fell asleep on the first from Sutton to Walsall one Sunday morning about five years back after having been awake all night, don't think he fancied taking me to Brownhills.

Similar sort of thing happened this year, travelling from somewhere on the train and I was supposed to have changed at Stafford to get back to Wolverhampton (think I'd had a couple of sherberts that evening). Woke up at Crewe surrounded by station staff. I think they were more bothered I was okay but I went and bought a Crewe Stafford return for peace of mind.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Ally on August 05, 2018, 06:46:24 PM
A Stagecoach 48 from Coventry to Leicester arrived at the end of the route (forget the year now), driver spotted someone he thought was asleep, went to go wake him up and found out that he wasn't actually asleep, he was dead!
I believe the same happened on the Outer Circle before too?

Sounds like an anecdote on the 4M Walsall to Merry Hill... seems to take FOREVER and the route passes a hospital and not 1 but 4 cemetaries (for the people who didnt make it to the end presumably)
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

DJ

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 18, 2018, 12:22:41 AM
Sounds like an anecdote on the 4M Walsall to Merry Hill... seems to take FOREVER and the route passes a hospital and not 1 but 4 cemetaries (for the people who didnt make it to the end presumably)

It does seem to take a while for the full route, I'd often do Quarry Bank to West Bromwich on a Sunday evening to get home from my Dad's and it seemed to drag on forever. I couldn't imagine doing it end to end!

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

l.murphy123

Quote from: StourValley98 on August 18, 2018, 01:20:04 AM
It does seem to take a while for the full route, I'd often do Quarry Bank to West Bromwich on a Sunday evening to get home from my Dad's and it seemed to drag on forever. I couldn't imagine doing it end to end!

Done it end-to-end 3 times and each time me & my friend say never again. Ironically even the next stop announcements guy sounds really depressed!!
Going off topic, I think they could roll out those next stop announcements on other non-platinum routes... it wouldn't detract value from the Platinums.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk