News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Platinum suggestions

Started by l.murphy123, July 10, 2018, 12:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Quote from: Jack on July 10, 2018, 04:31:32 PM
The (WA) 6 would be a route that could be Platinums, going through the country and down main roads, I'd consider it faster over the 77.

6 and 77 takes the same amount of time on a journey.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on July 10, 2018, 04:51:45 PM
And you don't use the 11, most journeys are fine and generally pleasent. I've not seen any of the B7TL ALX400 or Gemini on there looking "trashed" either.
The 952, doesn't need platinums, its already been said the Omnilinks are empty during the day by @John .
Considering the areas it serves you must be joking! Fyi I was referring to the (WB) 5 branded as trashed not the buses on the 11.
And you don't use the 952, it can be run by the spare Platinums alongside the 907. Or if it was meant to be full Platinum then I don't see why it couldn't be new Platinum single Deckers, but that will not happen as the 952 is just as neglected as the 907.

Quote from: P419 EJW on July 10, 2018, 05:12:14 PM
6 and 77 takes the same amount of time on a journey.
I know that, but I consider the 6 as faster than the 77 and the 6 stays along the main road unlike the 77. Infact I don't see why 77 can't be Platinum either.

Quote from: Jack on July 10, 2018, 05:16:06 PM
Considering the areas it serves you must be joking! Fyi I was referring to the (WB) 5 branded as trashed not the buses on the 11.
And you don't use the 952, it can be run by the spare Platinums alongside the 907. Or if it was meant to be full Platinum then I don't see why it couldn't be new Platinum single Deckers, but that will not happen as the 952 is just as neglected as the 907.
I know that, but I consider the 6 as faster than the 77 and the 6 stays along the main road unlike the 77. Infact I don't see why 77 can't be Platinum either.
Whats wrong with the area the 11 serves, which areas are you specifically referring to?
No i'm not joking.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: Jack on July 10, 2018, 05:16:06 PM

The 952 doesn't justify being Platinum spec.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on July 10, 2018, 05:17:50 PM
Whats wrong with the area the 11 serves, which areas are you specifically referring to?
No i'm not joking.
What areas do you think I'm referring too? Erdington, Witton, Perry Barr, Rookery Road, Winson Green, more dumpy areas as well.

Quote from: Dom on July 10, 2018, 05:21:20 PM
The 952 doesn't justify being Platinum spec.
Yes I know that, Perry Beeches isn't important at all and doesn't matter. Extending the 952 somewhere useful would be a good idea, but my ideas are irrelevant to NX.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: 2206 on July 10, 2018, 05:10:04 PM
The G1 in Warwick?
The G1 in Warwick is a gold route and is also a local route.
It uses new Solo SR (Bought new for the route), not older vehicles and was upgraded from Solos not so long ago, so that can't be because of displacement of older vehicles.

The G1 was introduced when it was Goldline, at a time where Stagecoach were still trialling the concept at the time and the buses were funded to draw motorists onto buses. This also demonstrated the idea to Politicians as stated on the Wikipedia page linked. After the trial routes most others upgraded were not so local. The original Solos from the G1 were displaced to upgrade several routes in Chester. Similarly, when the 94 at West received MMC400s, the Scanias were displaced to upgrade routes 63 and 97/98

Mike K

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on July 10, 2018, 04:45:21 PM
I agree with this. Platinum should be for the express and longer distance routes where it can be appreciated more. You aren't exactly able to take full advantage of charging, Wi-Fi and comfier seats if you are on the bus for 10 minutes.

Express or long distance doesn't necessarily mean you're on the bus for longer. Take the Harborne corridor. You could charge an iPad by the time you've got off Smallbrook Queensway and watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy in the time it takes to travel between the city and Harborne.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on July 10, 2018, 04:45:21 PM
I agree with this. Platinum should be for the express and longer distance routes where it can be appreciated more. You aren't exactly able to take full advantage of charging, Wi-Fi and comfier seats if you are on the bus for 10 minutes.

It'd be nice to get USB sockets on the X51... although its an express service it's still a 30-45 minute run and I imagine a lot of commuters use it to get to work.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

l.murphy123

Quote from: Kevin on July 10, 2018, 12:25:59 PM
Still reckon the 5 and perhaps an express version of the 4 (walsall - West brom - Blackheath, perhaps on to Merry Hill and replace the 4M) would be good Platinum routes. A proper upgrade of the 907 (X7 perhaps?) wouldn't go amiss

Yes the 4M takes forever to reach Merry Hill and the X10 to Merry Hill from Birmingham is a Platinum.

Anybody know when the Platinum website will be updated to show the latest routes?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Sh4318

Quote from: Dom on July 10, 2018, 12:45:36 PM
With the vandalism and abuse that happens on the outer circle, really?

Not to mention the amount of buses you would need to order to cover the PVR
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

John

We have no spare MMCs for the 952. We struggle to get enough out on the routes They are supposed to go on.

Something needs to be done with the 952 otherwise it's going to die a slow death.

Trident 4194

The x9 which was rumoured a long time ago, going via Quinton expressway

Quote from: Jack on July 10, 2018, 05:24:59 PM
What areas do you think I'm referring too? Erdington, Witton, Perry Barr, Rookery Road, Winson Green, more dumpy areas as well.
Yes I know that, Perry Beeches isn't important at all and doesn't matter. Extending the 952 somewhere useful would be a good idea, but my ideas are irrelevant to NX.
The 11 serves many areas across the city, it could have been any of them you were refering to.
The X3/4/5 serve Erdington and are Platinnum.

I've used the 11 daily over the Eastern section for years, and personally have rarely noticed a problem.
Other than the occasional person smoking (though it seems to happen less often these days on the 11, there was a time, 7 or so years back and that could happen on any route.
when it was litterally every journey, same for the 94).
You may also see the occasional faredoger but you get them allover the City.
Its a small minority of people, who use dodgy tickets, smoke on vehicles and vandalise vehicles as well not every passenger.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: Jack on July 10, 2018, 05:24:59 PM

Wow. Just wow.

I'm assuming you must live in Belgravia? If I'm wrong and you indeed live anywhere in the West Midlands, I'd suggest you keep quiet.

Stu

@Jack and @2206 while your comments are welcomed, we don't need yet another tiresome debate about 'dodgy areas' and trying to defend them.

'Perceptions' of dodgy or rough areas are just that, different peoples' perceptions.

Some areas are nicer than others, that is true, but it is all down to the people, not the areas themselves.

I'm sure good honest people living in Perry Barr, Witton, Stockland Green etc would disagree with Jack's perception of those being 'dodgy areas'.

We're all entitled to our own opinions, but please make sure your opinions are not based on perceptions which are themselves based on what others perceive, rather than what you believe.

I'm sure you'd be equally 'offended' if I told you I thought Perry Beeches was a 'dump'. I don't think it is, I've never really been round there for myself, so therefore I don't really have an opinion on it. I'd much rather go there for myself and make up my own mind.

Anyway, I'm going to get of my high horse, and insist that this thread get back to what it was started for, discussion of Platinum route suggestions.

If you want to start a new topic to debate the quality of certain areas in and around Birmingham, please feel free to do so.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk