News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Platinum suggestions

Started by l.murphy123, July 10, 2018, 12:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

NXWM seem to be expanding their Platinum services to more routes. Just for fun, which routes would you like to become platinum and why?

For me it would have to be the 97 Birmingham - Chelmsley as it's quite slow during evening rush hour so a comfier surrounding would be nice. That being said, it would also require a big fleet because they are so frequent.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

leewhayward29

I'd like to see the 301 - Walsall to Mossley Estate via leamore and Bloxwich / 33 Birmingham - Pheasey via  Newtown, Perry Barr and Kingstanding.

Because they used to be superline services and that's why I'd like both of them going platinum to be like the old days
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

BigDaddyCool

The more platinum routes there are, the more the whole concept is diluted!

:D

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on July 10, 2018, 08:58:03 AM
The more platinum routes there are, the more the whole concept is diluted!

Agreed.

Does anyone know roughly the cost difference between standard and platinum bus?

l.murphy123

Quote from: leewhayward29 on July 10, 2018, 01:41:22 AM
I'd like to see the 301 - Walsall to Mossley Estate via leamore and Bloxwich / 33 Birmingham - Pheasey via  Newtown, Perry Barr and Kingstanding.

Because they used to be superline services and that's why I'd like both of them going platinum to be like the old days

There's a 301 every 0.5 seconds though?!
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Kevin

I used to think the Platinum brand was going to be just for prestige express routes, but then the 529 and 126 got the upgrade

Then I thought it may be that they were going for major inter urban connections (529 walsall to wolves etc), so thought perhaps the 5 West Brom to Sutton would be a good shout

Now with the local Harborne corridor as well you could literally suggest any route as a likely candidate. I feel the brand has lost a bit of the prestige value.

Still reckon the 5 and perhaps an express version of the 4 (walsall - West brom - Blackheath, perhaps on to Merry Hill and replace the 4M) would be good Platinum routes. A proper upgrade of the 907 (X7 perhaps?) wouldn't go amiss
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 10, 2018, 12:37:13 AM
NXWM seem to be expanding their Platinum services to more routes. Just for fun, which routes would you like to become platinum and why?

For me it would have to be the 97 Birmingham - Chelmsley as it's quite slow during evening rush hour so a comfier surrounding would be nice. That being said, it would also require a big fleet because they are so frequent.
Quote from: Kevin on July 10, 2018, 12:25:59 PM
I used to think the Platinum brand was going to be just for prestige express routes, but then the 529 and 126 got the upgrade

Then I thought it may be that they were going for major inter urban connections (529 walsall to wolves etc), so thought perhaps the 5 West Brom to Sutton would be a good shout

Now with the local Harborne corridor as well you could literally suggest any route as a likely candidate. I feel the brand has lost a bit of the prestige value.

Still reckon the 5 and perhaps an express version of the 4 (walsall - West brom - Blackheath, perhaps on to Merry Hill and replace the 4M) would be good Platinum routes.
The 11 (Outer Circle) would be a good choice in my opinion as it provides  many major links between areas across Birmingham and is a busy and major route.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on July 10, 2018, 12:34:38 PM
The 11 (Outer Circle) would be a good choice in my opinion as it provides  many major links between areas across Birmingham and is a busy and major route.

With the vandalism and abuse that happens on the outer circle, really?

Quote from: Dom on July 10, 2018, 12:45:36 PM
With the vandalism and abuse that happens on the outer circle, really?
From my experience the 11 is no worse than most other busy routes in the West Midlands.
I use it all the time and most journeys are actually fairly pleasant.
You get some people smoking, faredogers, people who will vandalise vehicles, etc, but it doesn't realy happen any more than on any other busy West Midland route.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

leewhayward29

Quote from: l.murphy123 on July 10, 2018, 12:06:17 PM
There's a 301 every 0.5 seconds though?!

What I meant was for the 301 to be upgraded to give NXWM the upper hand on the Bloxwich to Walsall with Arriva West Midlands and Diamond Buses. But it's just a Idea. I like to see single decker buses in Platinum buses
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

MasterPlan

Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 10, 2018, 01:54:01 PM
The X21...
The X70 would be a candidate.
The 11 is a no no to Platinums and the (WB) 5 is, all the crap it carries, the current 5 brandeds have already been trashed!

The 907 and 952, but would mean they would completely stop using Perry Barr as per the other limited stops services. Would also let them share their own stop in City, but that won't happen.

Some other nice routes should be Platinums other than the X70, same time being a fast bus. The (WA) 6 would be a route that could be Platinums, going through the country and down main roads, I'd consider it faster over the 77.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Kevin on July 10, 2018, 12:25:59 PM

I agree with this. Platinum should be for the express and longer distance routes where it can be appreciated more. You aren't exactly able to take full advantage of charging, Wi-Fi and comfier seats if you are on the bus for 10 minutes. Why not just upgrade other routes with Crimson MMCs, that way NX are still investing in other routes just not putting the most luxury buses on there.

Take Arriva Sapphire and Stagecoach Gold, most subsidiaries have a small number of routes each being their main interurban or longer distance routes where the luxury is appreciated and also could compete against other transport between key locations. Admittedly in some places there is Gold buses on more local routes but that is due to displacement of older vehicles, there's no reason not to use available buses.

See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagecoach_Gold for list of Gold routes. There are some exceptions to what I have said above but in general it's more interurban routes.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arriva_Sapphire And for Arriva Sapphire...

Quote from: Jack on July 10, 2018, 04:31:32 PM
The X70 would be a candidate.
The 11 is a no no to Platinums and the (WB) 5 is, all the crap it carries, the current 5 brandeds have already been trashed!

The 907 and 952, but would mean they would completely stop using Perry Barr as per the other limited stops services. Would also let them share their own stop in City, but that won't happen.

Some other nice routes should be Platinums other than the X70, same time being a fast bus. The (WA) 6 would be a route that could be Platinums, going through the country and down main roads, I'd consider it faster over the 77.
And you don't use the 11, most journeys are fine and generally pleasent. I've not seen any of the B7TL ALX400 or Gemini on there looking "trashed" either.
The 952, doesn't need platinums, its already been said the Omnilinks are empty during the day by @John .
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on July 10, 2018, 04:45:21 PM
Take Arriva Sapphire and Stagecoach Gold, most subsidiaries have a small number of routes each being their main interurban or longer distance routes where the luxury is appreciated and also could compete against other transport between key locations. Admittedly in some places there is Gold buses on more local routes but that is due to displacement of older vehicles, there's no reason not to use available buses.
=...
The G1 in Warwick?
The G1 in Warwick is a gold route and is also a local route.
It uses new Solo SR (Bought new for the route), not older vehicles and was upgraded from Solos not so long ago, so that can't be because of displacement of older vehicles.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk