News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

TfWM corporate branding

Started by RW, June 25, 2018, 07:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smethwickian

There's a picture in the August issue of Buses magazine (which dropped through my letterbox yesterday, just to spoil some people's 'I know a secret and you don't until Friday' fun).

metrocity

Quote from: Smethwickian on July 19, 2018, 07:52:21 AM
There's a picture in the August issue of Buses magazine (which dropped through my letterbox yesterday, just to spoil some people's 'I know a secret and you don't until Friday' fun).
There are a few photos circulating on Facebook of 4878 in the new livery

RW

Quote from: Tony on July 18, 2018, 10:44:15 PM
Mid-August before anyone thinks initially means after Friday!
Tony does this mean NXWM will suspend their crimson repaint programme? Seems pretty pointless if a new TfWM inspired livery is to be introduced or am I missing something?

Quote from: RW on July 19, 2018, 08:43:40 AM
Tony does this mean NXWM will suspend their crimson repaint programme? Seems pretty pointless if a new TfWM inspired livery is to be introduced or am I missing something?
Quote from: P419 EJW on July 18, 2018, 07:18:38 PM
I'm confused. Could anyone explain why there is yet another new bus livery? NXWM has just got their Crimson livery and now there is a new bus livery from TfWM. I have been told that all this one brand will bring the TfWM's name under one umbrella - is this true? Would this mean bus companies would lose their current liveries and be repainted into this red TfWM livery with a company name, eg 'National Express West Midlands', 'Diamond', etc? I am unclear what is the purpose for the red livery.
How would this work where there are two operators operating on one service, like on the 94 and 11.
Would 2 operators like Claribels and NX or DTS and NX be operating in the same livery surely thats going to be confusing to the many passengers with NX passes and tickets only wanting the NX Bus.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: 2206 on July 19, 2018, 08:55:36 AM
How would this work where there are two operators operating on one service, like on the 94 and 11.
Would 2 operators like Claribels and NX or DTS and NX be operating in the same livery surely thats going to be confusing to the many passengers with NX passes and tickets only wanting the NX Bus.

I think the idea is to get rid of such tickets, and create a proper integrated public transport network like London
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MW

Can someone link the photo of 4878 into this thread.

I agree with @Smethwickian
You people take things too seriously.

metrocity

Quote from: MW on July 19, 2018, 11:51:35 AM

Photo attached (Credit - Steven Simpson)

BK63 YWP

Looks bland unlike the crimson style
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Michael Bevan

Quote from: MW on July 19, 2018, 11:51:35 AM

Photos credited to Steven Simpson on the West Midlands Transport Facebook group.

winston

It's looking ever so TfL inspired.... Finally NXWM has some quality liveries, then it's potentially all change again!

I see Andy Street has been visiting TfL with a view to sharing best practices for traffic management / Commonwealth Games planning etc

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Winston on July 19, 2018, 01:04:19 PM
It's looking ever so TfL inspired.... Finally NXWM has some quality liveries, then it's potentially all change again!

I see Andy Street has been visiting TfL with a view to sharing best practices for traffic management / Commonwealth Games planning etc

I believe that the idea is going to be to integrate certain routes where multiple operators are competing on at the moment. So this will be routes such as the 301/302, 42/43, 4/H/M etc. I believe NXWM and Diamond will be the first two operators to launch this livery. I think the idea behind this is that the two operators competing on a certain corridor will actually work together. They will be running a joint frequency, with buses in the same livery and will be able to issue and accept each other's tickets only on these integrated routes. Which means you can technically buy a Diamond Network Ticket from an NXWM bus on the 301, or an NXWM Daysaver off a Diamond bus on the 42. I think that's the idea anyway of how it will work. I think the next few months are going to be really interesting for the West Midlands bus scene...  ;)

metrocity

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 19, 2018, 01:11:34 PM
I believe that the idea is going to be to integrate certain routes where multiple operators are competing on at the moment. So this will be routes such as the 301/302, 42/43, 4/H/M etc. I believe NXWM and Diamond will be the first two operators to launch this livery. I think the idea behind this is that the two operators competing on a certain corridor will actually work together. They will be running a joint frequency, with buses in the same livery and will be able to issue and accept each other's tickets only on these integrated routes. Which means you can technically buy a Diamond Network Ticket from an NXWM bus on the 301, or an NXWM Daysaver off a Diamond bus on the 42. I think that's the idea anyway of how it will work. I think the next few months are going to be really interesting for the West Midlands bus scene...  ;)
19 August start for 42/43

BK63 YWP

Why not just keep the crimson livery and just apply the decals with West Midlands bus ? Will cause more confusion with its introduction and nx/diamonds different ticketing
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

Quote from: metrocity on July 19, 2018, 01:15:52 PM
19 August start for 42/43

I'd heard NXWM will be repainting some of their E200's in a 'special livery' for the 42/42, that explains it.

If competing operators will be working together & co-ordinating timetables, it should provide a better overall service for passengers & offer more flexibility. Instances like Claribel's running 5 mins in front of Diamond 75's doesn't benefit anyone, and the NXWM / Diamond 4H's are quite often following each other...

V89MOA

Finally starting to see buses in a decent colour scheme again and bam, they throw that boring rubbish in... The bit by the doors looks like a poor man's Lothian Harlequin livery!
So if the routes Michael has mentioned are correct, the recently crimsonned scanias and b7rles will all need to be done again from scratch? Will NX (and Diamond) have to pay for this themselves or will they be reimbursed? Just sounds like more money being wasted at the hands of tfwm...I agree with the streetdeck, keep the classier Crimson and just apply WMBus decals.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk