News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Heritage Fleet

Started by Tony, May 09, 2018, 07:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

In the absence of a picture currently, I was trying to place what 3997 looked like.

Is it the same as the picture of 3983 on page 23 of the Malcolm Keeley 'West Midlands' book from 1988?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on December 12, 2018, 09:26:22 PM
In the absence of a picture currently, I was trying to place what 3997 looked like.

Is it the same as the picture of 3983 on page 23 of the Malcolm Keeley 'West Midlands' book from 1988?

There's pictures on the main site from last  Wednesday

Westy

Quote from: Tony on December 12, 2018, 09:36:27 PM
There's pictures on the main site from last  Wednesday

I see.

Were all the ex open toppers 3867, 4069 & the Metrobus scrapped upon withdrawal, or did any pass into presavation?

What's the chance of an open topper in future, or does the unpredictable UK weather knock that on the head?

(Convertable open topper maybe?)

midlandred2003

B.C Driver

4069 still survives, albeit in Spain I think.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

dingding

We had a few Jumbos at Acocks Green mainly for the 36 which had huge peak time loadings. In fact so busy that there were usually 3 buses loading at Tyseley Rover works alone plus all the other Lucas sites along the route! Anyway the picture is at the old Stechford terminus. Nice addition to the heritage fleet.

Tony

Last two days I have spent tidying up, then cleaning the top deck of 3997. Starting to look like how a 1970s bus should now

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on December 28, 2018, 06:03:27 PM
Last two days I have spent tidying up, then cleaning the top deck of 3997. Starting to look like how a 1970s bus should now
Looking a lot cleaner I would imagine than when you picked her up. A lot of hard work sweat, tears & elbow grease used to get 3997 to looking better @Tony.

Stevo

Good to see the top deck of a Wolves jumbo again! You can see one of the two differences between these and the BCT ones - the opening windows had a little round knob rather than the long lip that BCT had. Some of the windows have been replaced, of course. The only other difference I saw was white steering wheels instead of BCT's black.

Westy

Are there plans to hire out the vehicles to tv & film companies, as an additional source of revenue?

Wolves256

With the addition of 119L to the NXWM heritage fleet. Does any one have a list of preserved pre WMPTE municipal & Midland Red, WMPTE, West Midlands Travel and NXWM preserved vehicles?

Stevo

Glad to see 119L rescued. This was with Fuzz Townsend and appeared in the background of a lot of earlier Car SOS episodes. As Wythall's 116 is in Walsall livery could 119L be in WMPTE livery please?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk