News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

AG Omnilink (almost fire)

Started by MW, June 14, 2014, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

An AG Omnilink went crazy today at Wilkinsons, in Acocks Green. The engine just had an insane amount of steam/smoke coming out of it, as I drove past. The driver opened the bonnet and left it there. I drove again half an hour later to see a Mansfield Truck towing it, and then later a big pool of liquid where the Scania was parked. I don't know if it turned into a fire, or was a fire initially and needed putting out. Either that, or some sort of leak underneath the bus, fuel maybe?

winston

Quote from: Michael on June 14, 2014, 12:08:58 AM
An AG Omnilink went crazy today at Wilkinsons, in Acocks Green. The engine just had an insane amount of steam/smoke coming out of it, as I drove past. The driver opened the bonnet and left it there. I drove again half an hour later to see a Mansfield Truck towing it, and then later a big pool of liquid where the Scania was parked. I don't know if it turned into a fire, or was a fire initially and needed putting out. Either that, or some sort of leak underneath the bus, fuel maybe?

It may of just been a coolant leak & the engine overheated?

Stu

What time was that? I got the 31 home yesterday evening, and when I walked round from Westley Road to the bank I noticed an Omnilink (think it was 1947) parked up by Wilko with its hazards on, about half 6 that was. Didn't look anything serious though, driver was sitting inside the bus, no smoke or anything.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

lauren1993

Do the 59 and 10 plate omnilinks ever have loud cooling fan noises? I know the 57, 58 and 09 plate ones do!
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Liberator9

@lauren1993 

Some of them do - but only in the very hot weather. 1914 seems to do it more than most though I've noticed - rode it on the 6 a few weeks ago and it sounded great with the fan noise in the warm weather!

richie

Quote from: Winston on June 14, 2014, 12:14:13 AM
Quote from: Michael on June 14, 2014, 12:08:58 AM

It may of just been a coolant leak & the engine overheated?

Your probably right Winston the coolant NX use is a thick Green sludge the expansion tanks are generally above the exhaust so that would have contributed to the steam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk