News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis secures £100m National Express order

Started by Wolves256, March 19, 2014, 02:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Quote from: clayderman on September 12, 2015, 01:33:51 PM
Hence the Hybrid demonstrator at BC, perhaps?

Well he said it after that arrived unless it is to be permanent?

winston

Quote from: BN on September 12, 2015, 12:57:55 PM
Now the remaining WA Platinums are here and the majority of E200's for AG, is that the order completed or is there anymore due. If not what vehicles are next to come and does anybody know what routes they are for please?

@BN That's the lot this year once the last of the E200MMC's & Dundee's 5 x WF Streetlites have all been delivered. That delivery meets the 300 new buses delivered as part of the Centro/NXWM partnership agreement & NX's commitment. I believe that partnership is due to expire / be renewed this year, so we may have a better idea of future quantities & route upgrades going forward once that is announced.

BN

Quote from: Winston on September 12, 2015, 02:21:13 PM
@BN That's the lot this year once the last of the E200MMC's & Dundee's 5 x WF Streetlites have all been delivered. That delivery meets the 300 new buses delivered as part of the Centro/NXWM partnership agreement & NX's commitment. I believe that partnership is due to expire / be renewed this year, so we may have a better idea of future quantities & route upgrades going forward once that is announced.

Thanks Winston, much clearer.

don

Quote from: Winston on September 12, 2015, 02:21:13 PM

The operative bit being 'this year'. I thought it was 600 vehicles over 5 years. I would think the remaining 3 years would see 100 buses a year or so.

However, with so many Volvos as some of the older vehicles left after all cascades and replacements from this year's deliveries (e.g. ALX B7TL) I wouldn't be surprised to see some dual sourcing happen over the next 3 years as well - apart from the 10 bendis at Coventry, the only buses to be replaced would be double deckers.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on September 12, 2015, 03:12:39 PM
The operative bit being 'this year'. I thought it was 600 vehicles over 5 years. I would think the remaining 3 years would see 100 buses a year or so.

However, with so many Volvos as some of the older vehicles left after all cascades and replacements from this year's deliveries (e.g. ALX B7TL) I wouldn't be surprised to see some dual sourcing happen over the next 3 years as well - apart from the 10 bendis at Coventry, the only buses to be replaced would be double deckers.

The original ADL deal was for 600 new buses over 5 years, some of the 300 new buses promised as part of the NX/Centro partnership commitment were delivered from previous orders.

Only E200's 751-764 & 831-875 (59)
        E200MMC's 2201-50 (50)
        E400's 4940-4995 (56)
        E400MMC's 6101-48 (48)
        E400MMC Platinum 6701-58 (58)
        Total = 271

There should potentially be at least another 329 new buses to come from the ADL supply contract

Cheers @Wolves256 - The 26 x PB E400's (4914-4939 were part of 300 bus commitment, but not the 600 ADL order)

Wolves256

Winston
Don't forget the 100 E200s & E400s delivered in 2014 were part of the order with ADL

Wolves256

In addition NX have not had 300 new buses delivered for West Midlands
2013 26 (E400 for pb)
2014 100
2015 171
Total 297

2014 and 2015 deliveries are from the ADL order

Stevo

Winston is quite right - the Commonwealth games E400s, 4940 on, were the first deliveries from the order, making just the 56 E400s, not 100, plus the E200s that he mentions.

Adam 404

The "New Bus Update" page on the NXWM website says "What will be arriving in 2016? What this space."
I'm sure it should say Watch this space!
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/new-bus-update/

domino.99

Quote from: Adam 404 on November 11, 2015, 06:25:24 PM
The "New Bus Update" page on the NXWM website says "What will be arriving in 2016? What this space."
I'm sure it should say Watch this space!
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/new-bus-update/

Haha good spot what a cock up

monkeyjoe

Got some Muppets or "Moppets" in the Marketing department I guess.

Stu

With the impending arrival of the StreetDeck as a demonstrator, and several Streetlites already being delivered to Dundee, I wonder if it is possible that NX may be looking to source additional buses beyond the requirements originally set out with the ADL order. Certainly it has previously been suggested that this was in no real way any 'exclusive' deal with ADL, so if NX's procurement team have decided they'll need more new buses in the interim, above what was agreed in this deal, there's nothing stopping them purchasing more buses elsewhere.

Also, I have previously been asked on my Facebook page which garages will also be getting new E200MMCs next year. With the single deck fleet being so relatively modern now, I can't really see myself NX needing to purchase any single-deck vehicles for a couple of years, the only single-deck route that I think might be considered for an upgrade would be Walsall's 4/M/H services.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Stu on November 11, 2015, 07:11:14 PM
Also, I have previously been asked on my Facebook page which garages will also be getting new E200MMCs next year. With the single deck fleet being so relatively modern now, I can't really see myself NX needing to purchase any single-deck vehicles for a couple of years, the only single-deck route that I think might be considered for an upgrade would be Walsall's 4/M/H services.

Or the 6 to tie in with the e200's on the 37?

MW

BK63 YWP

Maybe the 4/4M/4H could be platiumised to release scanias for 311/313 to cascade the remaining b7rles mark 1s to Dundee?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk