News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis secures £100m National Express order

Started by Wolves256, March 19, 2014, 02:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Stevo

So - all Euro 6, then, according to Route 1,which presumably means the Enviro 400's successor, with a 4-cylinder engine, which should be very interesting. I'm not sure that ADL is doing a Euro 6 6-cylinder for double deckers, though perhaps they'll do both..Apparently the Euro 6 Cummins 4-cylinder is quite different from the current Euro 5 unit, too.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stu on March 19, 2014, 07:26:27 PM
Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on March 19, 2014, 07:05:28 PM
Will NXWM be looking at dual sourcing, with some buses coming from Wrights?

Generally while having a standard fleet helps with spares and maintenance, it can be dangerous to put all your eggs in one basket, and some bus operators learn this the hard way.

The days of the Spectras, Mercs and Plaxton Presidents must surely be numbered and one would hope a batch of vehicles is allocated to AG to allow the Outer Circle to be overhauled.

It would be a shame if the Outer Circle ended up with Enviro400s, as I would have hoped NX might have gone with 'something different' to keep this classic route 'iconic'. Tell you what, let's replace the Presidents at AG with everyone else's Gemini cast-offs, that would make me happy! :)

Interesting though that the article only mentions double-decks and midi-buses, wonder if NX would still source some full-length single-decks from elsewhere, or could there be a long-term review of services which could see some current single-deck services be upgraded to double-deck (say for example, the 6, 37, 120) which could see existing single decks such as the Wright Eclipse 2s and Scania Omnilinks to be cascaded to replace older Volvo B10L and Mercedes O405Ns (for services that only justify full length single decks), while services currently using full-length singles that don't need them could be replaced with new midi-buses?

Maybe some Gemini's will move to AG from WB when 4950-4982 enter service on the Soho Rd?

Ashley

Quote from: Nathan on August 06, 2014, 03:39:54 PM
Quote from: Stu on March 19, 2014, 07:26:27 PM
Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on March 19, 2014, 07:05:28 PM
Will NXWM be looking at dual sourcing, with some buses coming from Wrights?

Generally while having a standard fleet helps with spares and maintenance, it can be dangerous to put all your eggs in one basket, and some bus operators learn this the hard way.

The days of the Spectras, Mercs and Plaxton Presidents must surely be numbered and one would hope a batch of vehicles is allocated to AG to allow the Outer Circle to be overhauled.

It would be a shame if the Outer Circle ended up with Enviro400s, as I would have hoped NX might have gone with 'something different' to keep this classic route 'iconic'. Tell you what, let's replace the Presidents at AG with everyone else's Gemini cast-offs, that would make me happy! :)

Interesting though that the article only mentions double-decks and midi-buses, wonder if NX would still source some full-length single-decks from elsewhere, or could there be a long-term review of services which could see some current single-deck services be upgraded to double-deck (say for example, the 6, 37, 120) which could see existing single decks such as the Wright Eclipse 2s and Scania Omnilinks to be cascaded to replace older Volvo B10L and Mercedes O405Ns (for services that only justify full length single decks), while services currently using full-length singles that don't need them could be replaced with new midi-buses?

Maybe some Gemini's will move to AG from WB when 4950-4982 enter service on the Soho Rd?

Doing that would be abit of an extra expense when WB can just replace their own Presidents

Trident 4194

Can we expect to see NX possesing only adl vehicles in the future, or will they keep the b7rles aswell. What buses can we get expect to be Gone from NX when we reach 2017? What was the reasoning for choosing adl over other manufacturers, and who made the decision to sign a five year deal with adl?

GeminiFan1991

Spectras will probably be phased out this year, with Plaxton's going a bit later, with the new emissions policy coming to effect, expect to see a lot more ADL vehicles coming to NXWM !

I for 1 hope they have variety, I'm quite fond of AG and I like how they don't have ADL vehicles, would have loved them to have more Volvos, plus I don't see the B7RLEs going anywhere taking their age into account.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

PM

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 13, 2015, 06:51:29 PM
Can we expect to see NX possesing only adl vehicles in the future, or will they keep the b7rles aswell. What buses can we get expect to be Gone from NX when we reach 2017? What was the reasoning for choosing adl over other manufacturers, and who made the decision to sign a five year deal with adl?

I doubt NX would sell anything non ADL unless life expired! I can't see them selling 13 plate b7rle's for the next 15 years at least, especially given how well regarded the Wright/Volvo combination is!

As for the rest, I imagine in a word, PRICE.

Bryan

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 13, 2015, 06:51:29 PM

I'm sorry to say but that it is not a sensible question.

Most, if not all the non ADL vehicles in the fleet will last their lifetime in the fleet.

As to who signed the deal with ADL, why does it matter, it was done for financial reasons.

Plus it has already been discussed at length in a previous thread, Winston

Westy

Well us bus passengers have paid for the things via fares, passes etc, but what do we know?

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Westy on April 13, 2015, 09:19:39 PM
Well us bus passengers have paid for the things via fares, passes etc, but what do we know?

True That ! I've been catching buses since the days of the 96/ 97 and this is my own way of knowing where my money is going  :P
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

BN

Now the remaining WA Platinums are here and the majority of E200's for AG, is that the order completed or is there anymore due. If not what vehicles are next to come and does anybody know what routes they are for please?

PM

Don't think they're going to be releasing allocations yet, only 2016 order announced I know of is 29 StreetDecks for First Leicester. Especially when they know competitors' bosses could use this information!

I'd hope for a Sutton Lines upgrade to Platinum, compete with Arriva or  maybe 936 increased to compensate for 56 withdrawal could be Platinum as well?

Heard a rumour though that NX will be upgrading the 10 and 69 routes, Arriva really affecting the routes :P

BN

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 12, 2015, 01:02:46 PM
Don't think they're going to be releasing allocations yet, only 2016 order announced I know of is 29 StreetDecks for First Leicester. Especially when they know competitors' bosses could use this information!

I'd hope for a Sutton Lines upgrade to Platinum, compete with Arriva or  maybe 936 increased to compensate for 56 withdrawal could be Platinum as well?

Heard a rumour though that NX will be upgrading the 10 and 69 routes, Arriva really affecting the routes :P

Thanks for that DiamondDart. So is it fair to say thats it for 2015 do you think? I was always under the impression the 126 was going to have a new batch thats all.

domino.99

Quote from: BN on September 12, 2015, 01:30:01 PM
Thanks for that DiamondDart. So is it fair to say thats it for 2015 do you think? I was always under the impression the 126 was going to have a new batch thats all.

Well it looks like it, except for the point Tony made of there possibly being a new non-ADL bus/buses arriving.

CL

Quote from: Dom on September 12, 2015, 01:31:20 PM
Well it looks like it, except for the point Tony made of there possibly being a new non-ADL bus/buses arriving.
Hence the Hybrid demonstrator at BC, perhaps?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk