News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

I have seen many NXWM Scania Omnilinks appear during Doctors.
I think the Dest said the 28 but I don't know for sure.

Tara4352

Quote from: Adam 404 on March 11, 2015, 09:48:09 PM
Me too

Stuharris 6360

WPC 56 in the afternoons is set in the West Midlands in the late 1950s and several episodes have shown a bus, looks like the one that is kept at YW, but may be another preserved one. @Tony. do you have any knowledge?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 11, 2015, 10:09:04 PM
WPC 56 in the afternoons is set in the West Midlands in the late 1950s and several episodes have shown a bus, looks like the one that is kept at YW, but may be another preserved one. @Tony. do you have any knowledge?

I think Aston Manor provide that bus.

(They did on the previous series!)

Gareth

3002 is the regular bus provided, but as a lot of filming is now at the Black Country Museum, you can quite often see their ex West Brom bus as in today's episode.
Especially in the first series, they filmed a lot across the road from where I work in the jewellery quarter. Seeing 3002 drive past was a regular thing. Our place even lent the BBC some items as props! 😃

John

Quote from: Adam 404 on March 11, 2015, 09:48:09 PM

It may be more likely the 27 rather than the 28, as the BBC use South Birmingham to film Doctors (Bournville, Harborne, Weoley Castle etc)

the trainbasher

@John they also film a bit in the black Country town of Halesowen

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

A Megabus Coach on The Bill heading to Bournmouth

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

trident4370

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2015-03-13/west-midlands-biggest-private-sector-employer-to-pay-staff-the-living-wage/
I'm amazed nobody has mentioned this news report (unless of course it's in another thread and I've missed it).

trident4370

Quote from: Matt on March 13, 2015, 09:09:53 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on March 13, 2015, 09:07:43 PM
http://www.itv.com/news/central/2015-03-13/west-midlands-biggest-private-sector-employer-to-pay-staff-the-living-wage/
I'm amazed nobody has mentioned this news report (unless of course it's in another thread and I've missed it).

It's in another thread and you've missed it

Oh well, I'm officially guilty of posting pointless crap then.

Tara4352

Emergency bikers on a NXWM Gemini 4520
2 9's
A trident
A merc
A president
twm livered merc
2 more mercs
Another trident
And an e200
Another Gemini
Merc
Trident

Stu

"Britain's Racist Election" - last night on Channel 4: plenty of shots of NXWM Geminis on 82 and 87 in Smethwick.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

bususer12

On Music TV..............

D10

Quote from: Stu on March 16, 2015, 07:41:43 AM
"Britain's Racist Election" - last night on Channel 4: plenty of shots of NXWM Geminis on 82 and 87 in Smethwick.

And a few very brief shots of Midland Red stuff from back in the day!  ;D

Stu

Quote from: D10 on March 16, 2015, 08:05:04 PM
Quote from: Stu on March 16, 2015, 07:41:43 AM

And a few very brief shots of Midland Red stuff from back in the day!  ;D

I remember in one of the clips seeing an old bus with '126' on the back; did the 126 ever go through Smethwick, or was it a different route back then? (I know Bearwood is in Smethwick, but didn't look like the Hagley Road)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk