News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Stops ?

Started by Nathan4775, August 28, 2013, 08:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on October 28, 2018, 03:54:02 PM
Poor performance from the centro tfwm wmca whatever they call themselves today
New service pensnett 28 starts tomorrow
Had a quick ride round a bit of the route to jog my memory this is what I found some parts of the route have had new flags put on the stop with 28 on it but on old style blue network flags
Some parts of the route have new wmca flags on them but with 14 still on them
And timetables still up for the 14 service
Very poor

Most the bus stops round hasbury have been not in use ever since the 142 was withdrawn

PinkBus

The bus stops for the WB89 and Diamond 21 in The Uplands and Hales Lane in Smethwick really, really need changing. The ones heading to West Brom in The Uplands and outside the flats in Hales Lane have gone completely white, there are no numbers on them at all.
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

I noticed this old logo is still on the top right corner of the shelter at the 11A stop at Yardley, Yew Tree today.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/148610075@N04/30629288681/in/photostream/
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on November 15, 2018, 07:18:04 PM
I noticed this old logo is still on the top right corner of the shelter at the 11A stop at Yardley, Yew Tree today.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/148610075@N04/30629288681/in/photostream/

A few years back loads suddenly appeared all around the Birmingham area. No idea if it was an enthusiast or Centro! There's one in the Jewelery Quarter and there's two, possibly three at Saltley Gate. Many others, but these are the ones that instantly come to mind.

Quote from: Gareth on November 15, 2018, 08:44:19 PM
A few years back loads suddenly appeared all around the Birmingham area. No idea if it was an enthusiast or Centro! There's one in the Jewelery Quarter and there's two, possibly three at Saltley Gate. Many others, but these are the ones that instantly come to mind.
This paticular logo has now been removed from the stop.
A new silver and red WM Bus stop was being fitted yesterday evening.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Smethwickian

I've emailed a question to NXWM regarding the X7, and knowing the usual speed of response I expect a reply sometime in spring 2019.
Meanwhile, perhaps any staff or drivers on here can explain whether drivers on the  X7 Birmingham to Wolverhampton are deliberately ignoring the bus stops on Cranford Street, Smethwick (near the Jet  Garage) and on Heath Street near the junction of Winson Street. The timetable leaflet issued in September when the service began clearly states 'all stops in Cranford Street and Heath Street (stops to be sited)'.  It took some weeks for temporary stops to appear, but appear they did and are reasonably visible to passing traffic and intending passengers.
But today the1539 from Birmingham sailed past the Cranford Street stop despite a woman ringing the bell in good time (I heard it and saw the 'bus stopping'  sign illuminate and thought to myself that it was the first time I had seen anyone alight there). She was conveyed all the way to Crockett's Lane, not a bad walk away, and got very angry (banging the driver's security shield, for which there was no excuse,  but I would have been quite miffed myself). She shouted that the driver was 'just smirking' and claimed 'no one had told him to stop there'.
I don't think she might have been the only passenger on that journey either as another woman had come downstairs in time for the same stop, so I really don't think I am alone in imagining these new stopping places.

Quote from: karl724223 on October 28, 2018, 03:54:02 PM
Poor performance from the centro tfwm wmca whatever they call themselves today
New service pensnett 28 starts tomorrow
Had a quick ride round a bit of the route to jog my memory this is what I found some parts of the route have had new flags put on the stop with 28 on it but on old style blue network flags
Some parts of the route have new wmca flags on them but with 14 still on them
And timetables still up for the 14 service
Very poor
Are they not using these WM Bus Flags anymore?
I've notived over the past 2 weeks a number of stops along the Coventry Road have recently been replaced and the 11A stop at Yardley Yew Tree, but though they're getting the new style grey and WM Bus Red bus stops, though they're still getting the old style blue flags?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

karl724223

From a drivers point of view I love these new open bus shelters
It cuts down on anti social behaviour around bus shelters kids don't hang around in them now

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on December 10, 2018, 05:33:29 PM
Are they not using these WM Bus Flags anymore?
I've notived over the past 2 weeks a number of stops along the Coventry Road have recently been replaced and the 11A stop at Yardley Yew Tree, but though they're getting the new style grey and WM Bus Red bus stops, though they're still getting the old style blue flags?
Maybe because they are reusing the flag instead of putting a new one up.

DJ

Quote from: Jack on December 10, 2018, 11:37:07 PM
Maybe because they are reusing the flag instead of putting a new one up.

I'm sure their plan is to only replace the flags when it's needed, such as when the route numbers change or if it's too faded.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: StourValley98 on December 11, 2018, 12:17:02 AM
I'm sure their plan is to only replace the flags when it's needed, such as when the route numbers change or if it's too faded.
They don't replace the awfully faded ones, only if there's a route number change.
Some of the flags on the AG 5 are completely white.

V89MOA

Quote from: Jack on December 11, 2018, 04:12:28 PM
They don't replace the awfully faded ones, only if there's a route number change.
Some of the flags on the AG 5 are completely white.
They have done in the past, but don't seem to bother anymore, I also reported one with a route missing well over a month ago which is still there today...  ::)

Jack

Quote from: V89MOA on December 11, 2018, 04:25:46 PM
They have done in the past, but don't seem to bother anymore, I also reported one with a route missing well over a month ago which is still there today...  ::)
I reported one showing incorrect route numbers back in September, still not been replaced, the Stop has been showing correct route numbers since April, still not replaced.

Also, it seems as though they don't want to replace faulty lights in shelters either, reported loads and they've not been fixed.

V89MOA

Quote from: Jack on December 11, 2018, 05:05:47 PM
I reported one showing incorrect route numbers back in September, still not been replaced, the Stop has been showing correct route numbers since April, still not replaced.

Also, it seems as though they don't want to replace faulty lights in shelters either, reported loads and they've not been fixed.
Absolute joke isn't it... I'd get used to it though, with the losses of the Metro eating away at the budgets!
What is ironic is that the stop I reported had its old flag with the correct information on replaced for seemingly no reason whatsoever, no route changes, no fading etc...

Jack

Quote from: V89MOA on December 11, 2018, 05:20:11 PM
Absolute joke isn't it... I'd get used to it though, with the losses of the Metro eating away at the budgets!
What is ironic is that the stop I reported had its old flag with the correct information on replaced for seemingly no reason whatsoever, no route changes, no fading etc...
The old flag probably went missing. Blown away in heavy wind or someone has robbed it...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk