News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Redditch

Started by Dylan4579, May 28, 2013, 11:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

On the topic of redditch I never know where to take good bus pictures there-only place I managed was where I got a picture of K126URP which means you can only get some of the buses. Just if anyone has any ideas then please post them as its not like the bus station is great like any centro ones so you cant really take good pictures there either

jc

Bus Station is obviously the key spot, top of the bus station usually around 9-12 is alright for the sun, if your after more 'on street' photos then the Alexandra Hospital is a good spot but services are roughly every 10 mins there, the 57 and 58 are every 10ish in each direction too and are a 5 min walk from the Alex, Studley Island can be alright for the sun too with services 247 and 143 also serving it (as well as Wooshs 350 and 59 at certain times of day) Headless Cross and Crabbs Cross are on the main Evesham Road out of Redditch and can give some variety 26, 55, 56, 247, 350, 70 ... hope this helps.

Kevin

Quote from: Peter123 on July 15, 2013, 06:24:42 PM
On the topic of redditch I never know where to take good bus pictures there-only place I managed was where I got a picture of K126URP which means you can only get some of the buses. Just if anyone has any ideas then please post them as its not like the bus station is great like any centro ones so you cant really take good pictures there either

If you want town center ones, I'd suggest the top of Unicorn Hill, come out the station turn left and just go up the hill past the Wetherspoons, seems a fairly decent setting on the corner at the top and a fair number of routes go up that way from the bus station
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

PM

Cheers jc and Kevin-I'll try out some of these spots when im in redditch in a couple of days time

jc

Ex Hansons MX55 E300 just shown up at Church Lane

winston

Quote from: jc on August 02, 2013, 08:54:24 AM
Ex Hansons MX55 E300 just shown up at Church Lane

JC,

Is it still allover white or now in overall Diamond Blue.

Surely, if Diamond is making fleet changes this close to the Oft decision they must have an inkling that the outcome will go in Rotala's favour?

jc

It is in Blue Winston.

winston

Quote from: jc on August 02, 2013, 09:52:14 AM
It is in Blue Winston.

Cheers JC  ;)

Are the Diamond services running any better in Redditch now?

jc

They have improved and changed the timetables, but i still find myself using the Stagecoach service where i can ...

PM

Quote from: jc on August 02, 2013, 08:41:31 PM
They have improved and changed the timetables, but i still find myself using the Stagecoach service where i can ...

Ey? Stagecoach only run about 1 route in redditch!!!

jc

'the stagecoach service' ... the 26 is my local service, same with Diamonds 143 and 247.

PM

Quote from: jc on August 02, 2013, 09:48:39 PM
'the stagecoach service' ... the 26 is my local service, same with Diamonds 143 and 247.

Fair enough sorry didnt realise thought u meant that stagecoach had launched a secret redditch network that I hadnt heard about

jc

if only ;) i see a second operator has registered the 57 from september ...

Solo1

who is the other op to be running redditch 57 service

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk