News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Redditch

Started by Dylan4579, May 28, 2013, 11:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StourportSam

Quote from: bewminster on May 28, 2013, 10:20:54 PM
wish Kidderminster had bus services on a sunday apart from the 3/x3

I'll second that. A service 2 or 292 would be nice for Bewdley. Sadly I think reinstating the 300 between Worcester, Bewdley, Stourport and Kidderminster is unlikely.

Ash

Until everything is cleared services and timetables will not be changed but when it is I'm sure changes and suggestion will be heard to provide a better service.

winston

Looking at Tony's latest Rotala fleetchanges, there are a whole host of fleet changes at Redditch,

In to Redditch:

Solo's 20013 & 20810
MPD's 20469 & 20571
Dart SLF 30445
MAN/Plaxton Centro 30801

Out of Redditch

Dart SLF 20848 - KR
Dart SLF/MCV 30111 - LA
MAN/Plaxton Centro 30804 - LA
B7RLE 30850 - KR
Dart SLF 31503 & 31508 - KR
Dart SLF 31506 & 31510 - withdrawn
Tridents 40610-4 & 40623 - withdrawn

The ex Preston Tridents seem to have just replaced the former First Tridents rather than boosting double decker numbers, KR seem to have gained bigger buses at the the expense of RH receiving 2 x Solo's & 2 x MPD's

jc

20571 is in Diamond's Blue livery and out in service.

PM

Where abouts in redditch is diamonds main depot in relation to the train station/bus station as I don't know redditch very well and is it possible to take good pictures from outside the premises. If not, do you think it would be possible to go in and ask to look around or would this need a letter first. Thanks

D10

Quote from: Peter123 on June 22, 2013, 08:20:40 PM
Where abouts in redditch is diamonds main depot in relation to the train station/bus station as I don't know redditch very well and is it possible to take good pictures from outside the premises. If not, do you think it would be possible to go in and ask to look around or would this need a letter first. Thanks

The main Plymouth Road depot is just a couple of minutes walk from both Rail and Bus Stations, but you can't really see much from the road as it is all tucked away, in I believe an old railway cutting.

The Church Road site is slightly further away, but still in the Town Centre and only 5 to 10 minutes walk away. This is a typical old Bus Garage site and faces right onto the street, so you can see right into there.

As for all garages, they are private property, so you should always get permission before venturing off the street and onto company property.

Tony

Quote from: D10 on June 22, 2013, 09:03:29 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 22, 2013, 08:20:40 PM

The main Plymouth Road depot is just a couple of minutes walk from both Rail and Bus Stations, but you can't really see much from the road as it is all tucked away, in I believe an old railway cutting.

The Church Road site is slightly further away, but still in the Town Centre and only 5 to 10 minutes walk away. This is a typical old Bus Garage site and faces right onto the street, so you can see right into there.

As for all garages, they are private property, so you should always get permission before venturing off the street and onto company property.

If you have a good zoom on you camera you can get photographs of a couple of buses from the correct side of the gates, see second photo down here http://wmbusphotos.com/diamondpages/42565.html
At the bus Station from the 'top' end furthest from the Railway Station there is a path to 'nowhere' just above the exit road, if you walk to the end of this you also get an arial view of the garage

PM

Cheers Tony and D10 though if you wanted to go round the garage to get some pictures, would you have to write and ask or just go into the office and ask? Just wondering

Tony

Quote from: Peter123 on June 22, 2013, 09:33:54 PM
Cheers Tony and D10 though if you wanted to go round the garage to get some pictures, would you have to write and ask or just go into the office and ask? Just wondering

I have never asked at Redditch, but Diamond at Tividale is a defiante NO now if you ask on the day so I suspect Redditch will be the same. It was under First ownership, so I suspect it is the same staff with the same instructions

PM

Quote from: Tony on June 22, 2013, 09:42:37 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 22, 2013, 09:33:54 PM

I have never asked at Redditch, but Diamond at Tividale is a defiante NO now if you ask on the day so I suspect Redditch will be the same. It was under First ownership, so I suspect it is the same staff with the same instructions

Cheers Tony-I'll write them a letter or email them or something

sonic84

Quote from: StourportSam on May 29, 2013, 12:55:26 AM

I'll second that. A service 2 or 292 would be nice for Bewdley. Sadly I think reinstating the 300 between Worcester, Bewdley, Stourport and Kidderminster is unlikely.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that one of the changes Diamond was hoping to make, was extending the 292 back to Birmingham.  Will have to see the results of the investigation to find out if it will happen

winston

Quote from: sonic84 on June 23, 2013, 04:32:57 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on May 29, 2013, 12:55:26 AM

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that one of the changes Diamond was hoping to make, was extending the 292 back to Birmingham.  Will have to see the results of the investigation to find out if it will happen

Would Diamond really want to effectively re-introduce the 192 section back to Birmingham? After all it was Diamond who withdrew it in the first place, unless the 292 section would help subsidise extending it back in to Brum

Steveminor

The 192 section to Birmingham was subsidised so effectively it was the council who withdrew it not Diamond. I looked at the figures at about the same time as I introduced the X50 & I would be VERY surprised if Diamond decided to re-introduce it commercially.

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on June 26, 2013, 06:45:38 AM
The 192 section to Birmingham was subsidised so effectively it was the council who withdrew it not Diamond. I looked at the figures at about the same time as I introduced the X50 & I would be VERY surprised if Diamond decided to re-introduce it commercially.

Thanks for that Steve,

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on June 04, 2013, 11:14:11 PM
Looking at Tony's latest Rotala fleetchanges, there are a whole host of fleet changes at Redditch,

In to Redditch:

Solo's 20013 & 20810
MPD's 20469 & 20571
Dart SLF 30445
MAN/Plaxton Centro 30801

Out of Redditch

Dart SLF 20848 - KR
Dart SLF/MCV 30111 - LA
MAN/Plaxton Centro 30804 - LA
B7RLE 30850 - KR
Dart SLF 31503 & 31508 - KR
Dart SLF 31506 & 31510 - withdrawn
Tridents 40610-4 & 40623 - withdrawn

The ex Preston Tridents seem to have just replaced the former First Tridents rather than boosting double decker numbers, KR seem to have gained bigger buses at the the expense of RH receiving 2 x Solo's & 2 x MPD's
saw 860 at Kidderminster yesterday  has it moved or a loan
this should read  3860
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk