News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Why do people keep banging on about Arriva & Cannock?!

Started by MW, March 03, 2013, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

As the subject, does anyone else find it annoying that on West Midlands Bus Photos, you get the same few banging on about the same thing everyday, yes it might not be a good operation, but there's no need to tell us all 12 times a day... Rant over.

Sh4318

Quote from: Michael on March 03, 2013, 10:02:55 PM
As the subject, does anyone else find it annoying that on West Midlands Bus Photos, you get the same few banging on about the same thing everyday, yes it might not be a good operation, but there's no need to tell us all 12 times a day... Rant over.

People do talk a lot about Arriva and Cannock, and I'm not interested, so I just tend to not read them. But it doesn't really bother me, not everyone's interested in Coventry or First operations either, I'm interested in trains, but not everyone on the site is interested in trains, each to their own I say
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

richie

If anything I may take a day trip to Cannock to see just how bad it is

mranon

it does appear to be coming across like the same few people have a grudge about arriva/cannock, and sour grapes etc, but isnt the point of a forum such as this to be able to express facts/views/opinions? there will always be a few bad eggs which spoil things, but if out of every ten negative comments, management of the concerned bit read the complaints/groans 1 got looked into then its worth it.

Bob

I dont read the trains bit or first/coventry because ive no interest in them people could perhaps do the same if theyve no interest in Cannock

Dylan4579

Thank you!! Bob thinks that nxwm is heavenly and that arriva is the worst, believe me first is worse, take a trip to Worcester 

PM

Quote from: dgss1 on March 04, 2013, 09:06:09 PM
Thank you!! Bob thinks that nxwm is heavenly and that arriva is the worst, believe me first is worse, take a trip to Worcester

We never hear much about first in worcester do we??

Bob

Thats crap actually? I have said before now on loads of occasions that arriva are very good in some depots, derby tamworth telford etc but their Cannock operation is a joke

j789

First are not bad in Worcester, the network is comprehensive round the city and to other places eg every 15 mins to Bromsgrove, 10 mins to Malvern, 30 mins to Brum plus hourly links to Hereford and Evesham. Warndon gets a bus every 5 minutes which is better than alot of NXWM territory. The day ticket only costs £3.70 for city travel which is not bad at all and with the ex Redditch Enviros the fleet is in pretty good shape.

Worcester's major problems are the amount of roadworks that are constantly going on along main corridors which cause delays across the network due to routes interworking and also the fact that 3 major A roads go straight through the city centre so traffic is very heavy on all routes, If anyone has been in Worcester when the M5 is closed between J6 and 7 you will understand the horrendous traffic conditions that can arise. That is not First's fault despite what people may think.

Sh4318

What's wrong with Worcester? :o
Bus operations seem very good, frequent buses to the General Hospital, Dines Green & Malvern, seems to me First are doing fine

Dylan4579

Sh4318

Quote from: dgss1 on March 06, 2013, 07:46:18 PM
the trains not the buses

I have to disagree with you there as well, coming from someone who has to travel to Worcester by train every day to study. 3tph to Birmingham, 1/2tph to Hereford & Great Malvern. 1t2ph to London Paddington & Oxford. There are very good train connections from Worcester

Discodave

I have worked at Cannock as a driver and I think their operation is a joke too much messing with services and still is and I have also worked on loan to other depots and can see the vast difference in service as well as bus quality the only place which I could say could do with a little more improvement is Head Office in Leicester some of the motors were rough but at least they were looked after.  I hope Arriva in the West Midlands but I can see not a bus war but a hard slog to make things work with NXWM being the major operator.  Its just with Arriva past attempt they failed miserably with Chase and gave up in Walsall and as noted elsewhere the 560 is gone on the 28th April which was left to rot anyway it could have been improved run from wednesfield but oh well.   

nx4737

Quote from: Discodave on March 09, 2013, 11:33:50 AM

I have worked at Cannock as a driver and I think their operation is a joke too much messing with services and still is and I have also worked on loan to other depots and can see the vast difference in service as well as bus quality the only place which I could say could do with a little more improvement is Head Office in Leicester some of the motors were rough but at least they were looked after.  I hope Arriva in the West Midlands but I can see not a bus war but a hard slog to make things work with NXWM being the major operator.  Its just with Arriva past attempt they failed miserably with Chase and gave up in Walsall and as noted elsewhere the 560 is gone on the 28th April which was left to rot anyway it could have been improved run from wednesfield but oh well.

...as has been mentioned, sour grapes.

Discodave

Quote from: nx4737 on March 11, 2013, 05:27:51 PM
Quote from: Discodave on March 09, 2013, 11:33:50 AM

...as has been mentioned, sour grapes.

An Arriva guru with an NX bus as an avitar talking bollocks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk