News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala take over First Redditch and Kiddiminster

Started by sconehead85, January 26, 2013, 04:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Ash on August 24, 2013, 11:21:57 PM
I know that Whittles operates the 192 service to Kidderminster/Stourport but a link between Halesowen and Kidderminster would be ideal and give a good connection between there Worcestershire and Black country services especially with services such as the 4H/002/142/202 all diamond services serving Halesowen.

Is the Whittle's 192 tendered or commercial?

Once Rotala get to grips with RH & KR and hopefully makes some decent returns, they could always strike at First again in Worcester, as they should be in a much stronger position this time around being in the position to offer network tickets which cover a much greater area than First now serve

Cedric

I know that Whittles operates the 192 service to Kidderminster/Stourport but a link between Halesowen and Kidderminster would be ideal and give a good connection between there Worcestershire and Black country services especially with services such as the 4H/002/142/202 all diamond services serving Halesowen.
would be nice to link to some of the routes in  the Stourbridge, and black country areas as whittles have the 125 bridgnorth - Stourbridge via Kidderminster  Halesowen would be a better link to birmingham  and  other parts of  diamond area 
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: bewminster on August 24, 2013, 11:41:47 PM
would be nice to link to some of the routes in  the Stourbridge, and black country areas as whittles have the 125 bridgnorth - Stourbridge via Kidderminster  Halesowen would be a better link to birmingham  and  other parts of  diamond area

Diamond ran the 192 previously with ex London Volvo Olympians/NC Palatine and Dennis Lance and withdrew it no doubt due to insufficient passenger numbers. 

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on August 24, 2013, 11:46:27 PM

Diamond ran the 192 previously with ex London Volvo Olympians/NC Palatine and Dennis Lance and withdrew it no doubt due to insufficient passenger numbers.

The same Olympians which still enter Halesowen/Hagley/Kidderminster regularly, but now with Green Bus...

The two Lances (now scrapped) also came from Diamond if I remember rightly.

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 24, 2013, 11:57:11 PM
Quote from: Winston on August 24, 2013, 11:46:27 PM

The same Olympians which still enter Halesowen/Hagley/Kidderminster regularly, but now with Green Bus...

The two Lances (now scrapped) also came from Diamond if I remember rightly.

The Olympians were N5--LGH & R3--LGH, I always quite liked the Palatine II bodywork design
Yes the L2--YAG Lance/Plaxton Verde & P452PBH Lance / NC Paladin all came from Diamond

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on August 24, 2013, 11:30:07 PM

Is the Whittle's 192 tendered or commercial?

Once Rotala get to grips with RH & KR and hopefully makes some decent returns, they could always strike at First again in Worcester, as they should be in a much stronger position this time around being in the position to offer network tickets which cover a much greater area than First now serve
think it is tendered  when it was a first route it was tenderded by Herefordshire Shropshire Worcestershire and centro  I think
and over time apart from Worcestershire the subsideds where withdrawn  that is why it just runs as far as Halesowen.   
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk