News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala take over First Redditch and Kiddiminster

Started by sconehead85, January 26, 2013, 04:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D10

Diamond Website now confirms transfer date as Sunday 3rd March.

http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/DiamondareexpandinginWorcestershire_69.html

Therfore Saturday 2nd March will be the last day of First oepration of the 2 depots. RH will be a Diamond Operational depot from Sunday and KD from the Monday.

Ash

What services will provide connections from Redditch to Birmingham is it the 143/144 or something like that.

PM

Quote from: Ash on February 23, 2013, 01:30:08 PM
What services will provide connections from Redditch to Birmingham is it the 143/144 or something like that.

The 146 now that the 143 no longer goes to birmingham and the 144 is run from worcester and doesnt go through Redditch

Ash

Quote from: Peter123 on February 23, 2013, 01:47:19 PM

The 146 now that the 143 no longer goes to birmingham and the 144 is run from worcester and doesnt go through Redditch

Thanks Peter and what vehicle normally runs this service is it the presidents or the enviro 300's. Just wondered what diamond will use on it. Looks like the new diamond livery as mentioned on the site will be the blue buses with the large diamond logo but preferably if that's going to happen it should be diamond in Worcestershire to keep operations seperate.

PM

Quote from: Ash on February 23, 2013, 01:54:09 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on February 23, 2013, 01:47:19 PM

Thanks Peter and what vehicle normally runs this service is it the presidents or the enviro 300's. Just wondered what diamond will use on it. Looks like the new diamond livery as mentioned on the site will be the blue buses with the large diamond logo but preferably if that's going to happen it should be diamond in Worcestershire to keep operations seperate.

At the moment it is presidents although these may or may not be the ones rotala are selling.

tank90

As far as First drivers know all the Kidder staff start working for Diamond on Saturday Along with some Redditch staff as a number of redditch staff are being redeployed with some of the E300's.

I know this from asking about a week ticket today and was told all of that.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

vinh1000

They do the Redditch and Bromsgrove New College contracts B1 and C1 before going onto the 146
9:50am and 10:35am from BHAM - almost always Enviro 300
11:35am - President
Then they obviously do round trips and contracts again

Final Journey 16:35pm - Enviro 300

I hope that Diamond still run it well :)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

tank90

Diamond may extand the running hours of the 146 to gain more folk off the trains.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

Quote from: tank90 on February 23, 2013, 10:13:07 PM
Diamond may extand the running hours of the 146 to gain more folk off the trains.

Sounds like a good idea though is the 146 currently a well-used route?

Cedric

Quote from: tank90 on February 23, 2013, 06:49:54 PM
As far as First drivers know all the Kidder staff start working for Diamond on Saturday Along with some Redditch staff as a number of redditch staff are being redeployed with some of the E300's.

I know this from asking about a week ticket today and was told all of that.
Not according to the driver  I have know since Junior school ,  he told  me Monday , as did diamond  customers  service line
diamond 8\10/125/292

jc

With the 146 you get the odd trips that are crowded and others that are just carrying fresh air!

vinh1000

Quote from: Peter123 on February 24, 2013, 11:37:30 AM
Quote from: tank90 on February 23, 2013, 10:13:07 PM

Sounds like a good idea though is the 146 currently a well-used route?
Depends
Monday-Friday
9:50 coming in is usually empty
the 10:35 is usuailly packed full on enviro 300 coming into the city
11:35 - this varys / 12:35 - middle loads / 13:35 and 14:35 are generally empty
16:35 into city usuailly only busy on a Friday evening otherwise
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

sonic84

I wonder what has caused the 146 to become a shadow of its former self.

At one point First were operating it every 20 minutes between Redditch and Birmingham, and it had a healthy peak and evening service too.

Over the years it just seems to have dwindled to a gesture really.  I'm sure it can't be too long before its gone all together.

winston

Quote from: sonic84 on February 25, 2013, 10:15:02 PM

At one point First were operating it every 20 minutes between Redditch and Birmingham, and it had a healthy peak and evening service too.

Over the years it just seems to have dwindled to a gesture really.  I'm sure it can't be too long before its gone all together.

Because its operated by First more than likely....

tank90

Quote from: sonic84 on February 25, 2013, 10:15:02 PM

Well that only happend when they took the Shuttle Fare off and replaced it with the Wyvern which is more expensive than the train but would have been more reliable than LM in the longer term thus meaning Redditch makes more £££ for ferring the City staff from Birmingham back to leafy Redditch, then combine that with the Kingfisher open for longer and local routes running later you would have a great network.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk