News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on August 04, 2022, 06:24:07 AMCutting Essington is the most awful desicion ever
I would gather that most people that want the bus in Essington would just walk down to Ashmore Park and get one of the very frequent buses from there? 

This is another case of where services vastly differ between places that are close to each other just because of where the county border is, right?

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on August 04, 2022, 02:09:27 PMI would gather that most people that want the bus in Essington would just walk down to Ashmore Park and get one of the very frequent buses from there?

This is another case of where services vastly differ between places that are close to each other just because of where the county border is, right?

How much of a walk is it?

If there was space for an access road, like there is at Perton, it would solve the problem!

ellspurs

Quote from: Westy on August 04, 2022, 03:21:07 PMHow much of a walk is it?

If there was space for an access road, like there is at Perton, it would solve the problem!
If we go from what look like the closest bus stops, IE the 71 stop at Blackhalve Lane/New Street to the 59 stop at Griffiths Drive/Ferguson Street, Google is saying that it is 0.6 miles, or 11 minutes. There's a public footpath going past the rugby club. When I checked initially, I clicked up by where I've been in Essington, Bognop Road, which said it was about 20 minutes to a stop on Griffiths Drive. 

The current roads are navigable for buses, but if there was the call for buses up there then surely Chaserider wouldn't be cutting the service back, right? The main issue for NX sending a bus up there would be the lack of an area to turn around in, and looping around the most logical place would miss over half of the village out.

ContainsNuts

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on August 04, 2022, 06:24:07 AMCutting Essington is the most awful desicion ever
Read the timetables - Essington still has a service six days a week.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: ContainsNuts on August 04, 2022, 06:34:16 PMRead the timetables - Essington still has a service six days a week.
Only from Wolves tho. Its not serving it one bit to wolves

ellspurs

They're actually reducing the frequency of the 25/26 to every 20 min on Saturdays, cutting out some of the buses at PM peak time and finishing it an hour early, from what I can make out of the timetables.

Quote from: ellspurs on August 06, 2022, 03:17:59 PMThey're actually reducing the frequency of the 25/26 to every 20 min on Saturdays, cutting out some of the buses at PM peak time and finishing it an hour early, from what I can make out of the timetables.
That's correct. From what a driver told me is the manager likes to mess around with routes & timetables and just axe them for no reason. The only reason why the 1 is coming back is because the managers wife is having a go at him because she keeps getting stranded on the A34 by Dog Tree because the buses keep getting filled with pushchairs so she's being stranded until there's a bus space for a push chair

Another thing the driver said is the buses are in that bad of state only 748 and streetlite are the best buses in the fleet right now. All the volvos are going badly wrong now. Just kinda shows how bad a fleet is if drivers say streetlites are the best and they're ashamed of saying it

Tony

QuoteThat's correct. From what a driver told me is the manager likes to mess around with routes & timetables and just axe them for no reason. The only reason why the 1 is coming back is because the managers wife is having a go at him because she keeps getting stranded on the A34 by Dog Tree because the buses keep getting filled with pushchairs so she's being stranded until there's a bus space for a push chair
I suspect this is not in the slightest true 

Vulcan

Certain that's not true 

ContainsNuts

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on August 06, 2022, 05:03:06 PMThat's correct. From what a driver told me is the manager likes to mess around with routes & timetables and just axe them for no reason. The only reason why the 1 is coming back is because the managers wife is having a go at him because she keeps getting stranded on the A34 by Dog Tree because the buses keep getting filled with pushchairs so she's being stranded until there's a bus space for a push chair
If a driver said it then it must be true 🙄

Steveminor

Bus driver told me the reason for the changes in timetables was it's a secret code to our alien overlords telling them when to attack  :evil:

the trainbasher

Quote from: Steveminor on August 07, 2022, 08:06:39 AMBus driver told me the reason for the changes in timetables was it's a secret code to our alien overlords telling them when to attack  :evil:
Didn't you know? They want to destroy the UK for an intergalactic road

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

New Chaserider route starting September 3rd will be routed as 'AV2' it'll cover cannock, burntwood, Brownhills and then Aston Villa FC on home match days

Westy

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on August 08, 2022, 05:38:18 PMNew Chaserider route starting September 3rd will be routed as 'AV2' it'll cover cannock, burntwood, Brownhills and then Aston Villa FC on home match days

Well I know one Villa fan in Great Wryley.

Whether he can make use of the service is another matter!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk