News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Garage threads / Re: Walsall Garage
Last post by Stu - May 13, 2024, 07:53:11 PM
Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2024, 01:22:07 PMIt as nothing to do with the car speeding the car was actually going very slowly

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on May 13, 2024, 07:38:02 PMOh I didn't want to acuse the Bus Driver of Speeding either I know the car pulled out. There could ne numerous factors, Driver might not have seen the car reacted late as wba lad said, bus driver might have had his/her sight obstructed by something or someone. Could have been distracted by a Passenger. I also didn't want to blame the Car Driver but based on the way i interpreted it flew out the junction obviously it didn't. All that we do is 1846 is a write off further why I gathered speeding was a factor. Although the bus must have hit the car quite hard to be a write off unless it hit a Range Rover or something.
I see far too many 'near-misses' where drivers fail to 'give-way' at junctions or roundabouts.

Most drivers do get away with it (just about) by racing out of a junction, but it only takes a slow-moving car to protrude too far across the give-way lines to cause an accident and collision.

You only have to look at the damage caused to that electric bus when a car pulled out into the bus lane on Small Heath Highway in front of it.
Garage threads / Re: Walsall Garage
Last post by BlackCountryBusSpotter - May 13, 2024, 07:38:02 PM
Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2024, 01:22:07 PMIt as nothing to do with the car speeding the car was actually going very slowly
Oh I didn't want to acuse the Bus Driver of Speeding either I know the car pulled out. There could ne numerous factors, Driver might not have seen the car reacted late as wba lad said, bus driver might have had his/her sight obstructed by something or someone. Could have been distracted by a Passenger. I also didn't want to blame the Car Driver but based on the way i interpreted it flew out the junction obviously it didn't. All that we do is 1846 is a write off further why I gathered speeding was a factor. Although the bus must have hit the car quite hard to be a write off unless it hit a Range Rover or something. 
Quote from: Wba_lad on May 13, 2024, 05:04:23 PMWest Midlands metro have a metro branded up for Cyrille Regis, tram 31. I think it's nice they did that. Although because it's a old tram it's not out very often as they use the newer trams I would assume when the extension has opened to Dudley they will use them more.
Yeah I know they do but that's what I'm thinking for NX Buses named after local landmarks so in West Bromwich you could have Oak House, Sandwell Valley or local famous people, or legends, Tony Bomber Brown, Jeff Astle so on for the Baggies, Betty Boothroyd for MP's or so on Frank Skinner for Comedians. Walsall could have one named after Noddy Holder or The Abarotruem 
National Express West Midlands / Re: Next Stop Announcments
Last post by Stu - May 13, 2024, 07:17:01 PM
Quote from: Ingleboro261F on May 13, 2024, 02:53:55 PMAny chances the 11A/11C will get announcements any time soon?
Probably not for a while. The current vehicles being used don't have the equipment installed.

Those E400MMCs were first used in March 2015, therefore they are not expected to be compliant with the new Accessible Information Regulations until October 2025.

The Platinum E400s do have the necessary equipment, but they too don't need to be compliant until next year. NX will likely at some point want to get all the stop announcements recorded.

https://wmbu.org.uk/2024/05/the-next-stop-is-new-accessible-information-regulations-effective-from-october-2024/
Other Operators / Re: Banga buses
Last post by Jay71 - May 13, 2024, 07:14:16 PM
I recently said that this company was a Micky Mouse company. I think I've proved myself right. 
Today.....The bus that I was on had a big hole in the bumper. The driver decided to have a change to have a change of route when he entered Wolves City centre.
Was on another BB  last week. Seats look like they had never been cleaned.
On the outside of the bus the top part of a window was shattered & taped over with black tape. 
Arriva / Re: Arriva Leicester
Last post by sswig - May 13, 2024, 06:40:30 PM
Quote from: twbc99 on May 13, 2024, 06:18:55 PMIf bustimes is to be believed then 8001 had a trip on the 127 this morning.

8001 - BK73 ACX – Arriva Midlands – bustimes.org
From what I gather they're utilising one on the 127 peak only board to see how it performs.
Arriva / Re: Arriva Leicester
Last post by twbc99 - May 13, 2024, 06:18:55 PM
Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on May 12, 2024, 09:38:30 PMCorrect.
Although it's expected a further order for 127 & 5/5A will be made imminently following the next round of funding (which will also see pretty much all Loughborough going electric, except for sky, midland Diamond & the few Centrebus routes).
It's also thought the 148/158 corridor could be going electric too (thanks to Warwick receiving a share of the fund.. although not sure if yet officially confirmed or just early speculation).
If bustimes is to be believed then 8001 had a trip on the 127 this morning.

8001 - BK73 ACX – Arriva Midlands – bustimes.org
National Express West Midlands / Re: Training Bus Sightings
Last post by darthdc - May 13, 2024, 06:10:11 PM
E008 being used for training in Maypole area.
4939 taken out of service at Nechells Parkway, Bloomsbury Street as the doors wouldn't open from the cab. passengers transferred onto 4943.
National Express West Midlands / Re: Hydrogen vehicles
Last post by Tony - May 13, 2024, 05:25:14 PM
Quote from: Gareth on May 13, 2024, 05:19:38 PMI wouldn't be surprised if they never came back into service. However I would like to see them back one more time, as I never even got to sample one.
They will hopefully be able to use them from next week 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk