News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Recent posts

National Express West Midlands / Re: Hydrogen vehicles
Last post by B61 ANDREW - Today at 12:53:25 PM
Are there [m]any hydrogen powered LGV's/HGV's ??
 Will "the Greens" be using an electric [ or hydrogen ] vehicle ??   :rolleyes:
Reform UK were using a turquoise Ayats Bravo open-topper, LX05 KOA, shortly after Ashfield MP Lee Anderson defected to them.
Last post by Stevo - Today at 11:19:26 AM
I rode on the NX Hydrogen vehicles and I have one word to describe them - superb! The ride and performance were excellent - we swept up the long climb from Perry Barr to the motorway junction with effortless speed. If the supply of hydrogen could be as assured as diesel refuelling or battery recharging we'd see more of them around the country.   
Last post by Wumpty - Today at 10:07:13 AM
Quote from: Straightlines on May 25, 2024, 09:24:01 AMIt sums up the entire success of the Sprint project that these expensive buses haven't turned a wheel in months and as a result the Walsall Road is now regularly frequented by knackered 17 year old Omnilinks. Another one for the NXWM/TfWM/BCC success portfolio.
They're hardly "knackered" by any stretch (depending upon your definition of knackered). They are still fit for purpose, still revenue earning buses covering a timetable.

Quote from: Jack on May 25, 2024, 09:02:43 PMAnother anti-NX dig!

At least the 17 year old Omnilinks can do a full day in service! I'd much rather a full Omnilink over an unreliable Hydrogen from a passengers perspective.

Again anything to have a dig when there's no missing gaps in service I see!
Well said @Jack - even with a fleet of new buses missing, there's very little lost mileage on the route with other buses covering. 

Quote from: Mayfield on May 25, 2024, 08:51:27 AMSo that's a different reason to what you stated on May 20th, so why come back with a snide remark, it doesn't mater where I live I'm interested and maybe I want to travel to Birmingham to have a ride on one as I haven't had chance yet.
I didn't think the remark was snide at all. If you don't live in the West Midlands (assuming you don't), it won't affect you. I don't live in London so any contract negotiations to their prices wouldn't affect me. @Tony was stating a point of fact.

I haven't ridden on the NX versions but would like to just as you would - I'm sure we'd all agree that it is frustrating (none moreso for NX) but I'm sure they'll be worth the full time addition when they are eventually in service.
Quote from: Sandy Lane on Today at 09:13:02 AMWith last weeks surprise election date of 4th July suddenly being announced does this give time to see the political party battle buses being rapidly ordered, branded and taking to the roads?

In no particular order could there be red, blue, yellow, green, rainbow (and any other colour) buses appearing in the press?

The Lib-Dems yellow coach was on telly last night
With last weeks surprise election date of 4th July suddenly being announced does this give time to see the political party battle buses being rapidly ordered, branded and taking to the roads? 

In no particular order could there be red, blue, yellow, green, rainbow (and any other colour) buses appearing in the press?
Garage threads / Re: Walsall Garage
Last post by Tony - Today at 08:13:17 AM
Quote from: B7RLE on Yesterday at 11:17:16 PMOut of habit of doing it, I used by nbus swift pass in Cannock on the X51, and it accepted it. I didn't think they accepted it outside of the county?
National Express accept Nbus on all their services, that's been clarified here many times
Garage threads / Re: Walsall Garage
Last post by Ingleboro261F - Today at 07:51:46 AM
It works for any national express west midlands bus that's why 
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk