News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Metro service suspended until further notice

Started by Solo1, November 12, 2021, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

If it's the floor is it down to the weight of all the people that get on in the rush hour if so can't they run extra trams over the busy part of the line like city -west brom

Ginger66

so this is the third time of suspension with the same issue,

Questions WMCA should be asking now are.
(1) Why haven't we cancelled the order for trams being built?
(2) Why haven't we brought British?
[Nottinghams first batch Incentro was built in Derby]
(3) How many more suspension are needed before heads to role.

DJ

It definitely wouldn't be cheap, but they need to be looking at a replacement fleet at this point.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Stuharris 6360

What a joke this is becoming.

You have Andy Street in the paper saying that test running will start on the Edgbaston extension in May with a public service from June, surely it would be better to get the current network up and running reliably first.

The Midland Metro system is becoming the laughing stock of all metro systems around the world!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

cardew

WMCA must be wondering what will be back in service first, the trams or the hydrogen buses. Not ideal.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: cardew on March 20, 2022, 04:19:29 PM
WMCA must be wondering what will be back in service first, the trams or the hydrogen buses. Not ideal.

I believe that Tony has said it's looking like April for Hydrogens to resume

CAF seem to have a rep of being Cheap As F### as the 195s and 196s have all had issues though the 397s and mark 5a (TP ones) have had minimum issues
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on March 20, 2022, 12:50:07 PM
If it's the floor is it down to the weight of all the people that get on in the rush hour if so can't they run extra trams over the busy part of the line like city -west brom

I think its a bit more than that to be honest, though it would make a great April Fool story for the 'solution' to be having the trams run empty.  8)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Solo1

@Ginger66  I agree buy British keep our people in a job & should now cancel the order & go with another tram builder in the UK who else has problems with the trams

Stu

Quote from: DJ on March 20, 2022, 02:42:07 PM
It definitely wouldn't be cheap, but they need to be looking at a replacement fleet at this point.

A private company would probably be going to the wall at this point.

However as this is run by the WMCA, it would seem that money is no object, as it is paid for by taxpayers money through Government funding. So no, it wouldn't surprise me, if some sort of new deal is brokered in order to purchase new tram vehicles, as a result of this fiasco.

(Funny how there were no issues like this with the first generation of Metro trams)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Gareth

Who was responsible for the order of these trams originally? Would it have been Network WM or National Express? If it was NX, I bet they are breathing a huge sigh of relief whilst TfWM are cursing them no end!

the trainbasher

Quote from: Gareth on March 20, 2022, 07:30:58 PM
Who was responsible for the order of these trams originally? Would it have been Network WM or National Express? If it was NX, I bet they are breathing a huge sigh of relief whilst TfWM are cursing them no end!

They were ordered iirc during the NX era but I'm not sure who led the procurement process

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Solo1

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 21, 2022, 01:20:04 AM
They were ordered iirc during the NX era but I'm not sure who led the procurement process
I think it would of been network west midlands & NX just ran the trams

Solo1

they have trams 37-45 at the metro depot why cant they run them unless they still need the miles wuth some of them i know most have been out

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Solo1 on March 21, 2022, 09:03:43 AM
they have trams 37-45 at the metro depot why cant they run them unless they still need the miles wuth some of them i know most have been out

What sort of frequency would that be to enable to send them out? Maybe they may need mods to prevent issues that may occured in the older trams.

I do wonder if it's a weight issue with the batteries on top? Maybe the older trams can not support the weight? Increasing wear and tear of the chassis and bogies?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

mikestone

Or the sharp curve into Stephenson Place?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk