News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

11A/11C

Started by Trident 4194, January 30, 2020, 07:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

This route is beyond a joke. How the flaming hell you get so many E workings at 12:00 is ridiculous. I understand peak times traffic may be crap, but during the day it's stupid. Always seems to be 3 running together and I often end up waiting 20 minutes+ for a rammed e400mmc to arrive. I witnessed 2 E workings today and they were both at 11:40 heading in the same direction. One to harborne and one to bearwood. If you can't run the route split the stupid route. Unfortunately them tatty blue buses don't run no where near frequently enough to be of any use to me.

MW

That's the beauty of the 11 pal. It's always been like that lol

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 30, 2020, 07:40:58 PM
This route is beyond a joke. How the flaming hell you get so many E workings at 12:00 is ridiculous. I understand peak times traffic may be crap, but during the day it's stupid. Always seems to be 3 running together and I often end up waiting 20 minutes+ for a rammed e400mmc to arrive. I witnessed 2 E workings today and they were both at 11:40 heading in the same direction. One to harborne and one to bearwood. If you can't run the route split the stupid route. Unfortunately them tatty blue buses don't run no where near frequently enough to be of any use to me.

You do understand the route this service runs?

If the service is encountering delays, what would you expect AVL to do? Do nothing and let the service grind to a halt? Or adjust journeys (short -E workings) to get buses back elsewhere on the route to fill the gaps?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on January 30, 2020, 07:51:31 PM
You do understand the route this service runs?

If the service is encountering delays, what would you expect AVL to do? Do nothing and let the service grind to a halt? Or adjust journeys (short -E workings) to get buses back elsewhere on the route to fill the gaps?

These E workings never seem to fill the 20 minute + gaps I end up enduring on a daily basis. I used to see 11 turning left from the hagley road to the Lordswood road to fill in delays, nowadays there seems no such thing. I dread to think what the % ontime performance is for the service.

Stuharris 6360

so @Trident 4194 what would be your solution to the problem?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 30, 2020, 08:26:46 PM

Split the route in two is solution A. Improve the timetable is solution B - even if it meant buses would run every 10 minutes but a lot more reliably, similar to what they did on the PN9. Solution C would be to have short runnings or shuttle services between key places, e.g. between Dudley road and cotteridge.

mesub

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 30, 2020, 07:40:58 PM
Unfortunately them tatty blue buses don't run no where near frequently enough to be of any use to me.

You mean social travel? They always seem to run at random times.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 30, 2020, 08:10:39 PM
These E workings never seem to fill the 20 minute + gaps I end up enduring on a daily basis. I used to see 11 turning left from the hagley road to the Lordswood road to fill in delays, nowadays there seems no such thing. I dread to think what the % ontime performance is for the service.

You endure 20+ min gaps on your side of the city, I used to have to endure such gaps on my side of the city - when I lived in South Yardley.

Perhaps you don't see 'fill-in' buses coming down the Hagley Road to turn left onto Lordswood Road because those buses don't go that way because of congestion at Five Ways and along Hagley Road?

Do you know which garage runs the 11A/11C service and thus from where the buses have to travel?

Don't get me wrong, I do have to use the Outer Circle myself on occasion, and I know that its not perfect.

But I do accept that it is a 26 mile long route, that travels through all of Birmingham's outer suburbs, and crosses practically every main trunk route in and out of the city centre.

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 30, 2020, 08:26:46 PM

The solution is probably to break up the Outer Circle into shorter, more manageable routes, but I too would like to hear their thoughts on how this should be done.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Quote from: mesub on January 30, 2020, 08:39:41 PM
You mean social travel? They always seem to run at random times.

I saw one of those in Selly Oak today going to the Dudley Road but I could've sworn they spelt Dudley wrong on the display.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Sh4318

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 30, 2020, 08:10:39 PM

It's a 2 and a half hour route - on a good day, with a very high PVR and serves several roads that are either heavily congested or are having work done. I couldn't even begin to suggest a solution or an alternative
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Trident 4194

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 30, 2020, 08:43:39 PM
I saw one of those in Selly Oak today going to the Dudley Road but I could've sworn they spelt Dudley wrong on the display.

Yes they spell it dudely I believe 😂😂

Trident 4194

Quote from: Sh4318 on January 30, 2020, 08:49:23 PM
It's a 2 and a half hour route - on a good day, with a very high PVR and serves several roads that are either heavily congested or are having work done. I couldn't even begin to suggest a solution or an alternative

Exactly and it simply is not viable route. I'm surprised they haven't had any regulators on there case about the terrible reliability

Gareth

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 30, 2020, 08:37:27 PM
Solution C would be to have short runnings

Your solution seems to be the reason for your original post about short running?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Gareth on January 30, 2020, 09:55:41 PM
Your solution seems to be the reason for your original post about short running?

I meant like a shuttle service between places which were timetabled.

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 30, 2020, 09:58:54 PM
I meant like a shuttle service between places which were timetabled.
What good would that do? That will just get stuck!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk