News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

X8 Birmingham To Wolverhampton via Dudley

Started by richardjones210368, January 27, 2020, 08:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Things are looking bright, haven't had any passengers yet in Colmore Row asking driver have you seen the X8 anywhere. (still early days).

richardjones210368

Quote from: 979 on January 30, 2020, 04:12:22 PM
Things are looking bright, haven't had any passengers yet in Colmore Row asking driver have you seen the X8 anywhere. (still early days).
Excellent news the new timetable appears to be working there seems to be more running time added in the peaks the one I boarded outside 1 Snow Hill  it went to Colmore Row then went on a Brum Grand Prix Victory lap via Newhall Street & St Chad's visited 1 Snow Hill a second time then departed Colmore Row smack on time  there is a marked improvement to the service on the new timetable for which West Midlands Travel should be congratulated on @Tony it is good to see such a quality operation on the new timetable.

Gareth

Genuine question. Is there any difference to a passenger or those obsessed with late running etc between a journey taking 45 minutes when it's timetabled to take 45 minutes, and a journey taking 45 minutes with 35 of those being the timetabled running time and the bus being 10mins late at its destination?

richardjones210368

Quote from: Gareth on January 30, 2020, 05:01:11 PM
Genuine question. Is there any difference to a passenger or those obsessed with late running etc between a journey taking 45 minutes when it's timetabled to take 45 minutes, and a journey taking 45 minutes with 35 of those being the timetabled running time and the bus being 10mins late at its destination?
10 mins is acceptable @Gareth Untill the new weekday timetable which was introduced on Monday the main problem was standing outside Poundland in Blackheath & having 2 or even 3 X8s arriving together this was a regular occurance and clearly not acceptable every day I had texts and emails from people who know me complaining about the X8 & to get something done which is what I have submitted to the WMCA however this week on the new timetable  I have not had a single email or text so far in complaint as the Plastic Population of Blackheath would say to Yazz - The Only Way Is Up

Jack

Looks like the 8 interworking with the X8 seems to of improved things, for now...

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on January 30, 2020, 09:51:05 PM
Looks like the 8 interworking with the X8 seems to of improved things, for now...
I currently have no complaints about the X8 or West Midlands Travel Limited

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on January 30, 2020, 11:16:31 PM
Wonder how long that will last...
I have no complaints at all period about X8 as my complaints were raised to the WMCA and taken offline I no longer have anything to complain about as due process will follow if the current standards are not maintained my job is done @Jack you and others on the forum will have to accept that I will not interfere with the regulatory body I work with it is now a matter for WMT & TfWM.

richardjones210368

6775 - X8 - 13:23 ON TIME
Excellent Service from West Midlands Travel Limited  @Tony

Dylan4579

Dylan4579

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 05, 2020, 05:28:18 PM
Havent a clue what one is never ever using social media before@Dylan4579

It's a website one can make where one posts articles talking about whatever, so in your case 'Andy Street for King' and 'Why the X8 is the best thing since sliced bread'

richardjones210368

Quote from: Dylan4579 on February 05, 2020, 05:39:03 PM
It's a website one can make where one posts articles talking about whatever, so in your case 'Andy Street for King' and 'Why the X8 is the best thing since sliced bread'
Oh right you live & learn but surely I cannot see anybody sane being interested about that who in there right minds would want to keep hearing someone constantly blogging about "Andy Street " or the X8  cant see it myself  to be honest  mind you isnt it Andy Street for Mayor and a much loved Aston Villa supporter for King I am not sure I would go as far as to say the X8 is as good as Mothers Pride @Dylan4579 either.

ellspurs

Yesterday, I was sat at set of traffic lights in Wolverhampton City Centre, on my way to make a collection from in the city. In front of me at the lights was an X8 and an 8, and on its way out of the city was another X8. I'm sure Mr. Jones would've been delighted at the sight.

richardjones210368

Quote from: ellspurs on February 05, 2020, 07:31:36 PM
Yesterday, I was sat at set of traffic lights in Wolverhampton City Centre, on my way to make a collection from in the city. In front of me at the lights was an X8 and an 8, and on its way out of the city was another X8. I'm sure Mr. Jones would've been delighted at the sight.
Oh dear that was most unfortunate when I used the X8 yesterday it was running to the correct timetable departure time as I duly posted

mesub

Does the X8 run from WN only? If so then why do see brand new platinums on there sometimes?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Tony

Quote from: mesub on February 19, 2020, 09:39:41 PM
Does the X8 run from WN only? If so then why do see brand new platinums on there sometimes?

You don't,  only Platinums on the X8 are from the 6760-95 batch

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk