News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

X8 Birmingham To Wolverhampton via Dudley

Started by richardjones210368, January 27, 2020, 08:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 28, 2020, 04:23:50 PM
I am delighted to inform everyone that meeting went excellent the X8 was taken offline in Any Other Business and the major concerns taken onboard by WMT and TfWM and the process of better regulation of the service taken onboard a process of route monitoring will commence and in the long term the service will be improved for the benefit of all stakeholders and just one other point I am exactly the same in my professional life as at today's meetings as I am on the forum no difference.

Don't suppose you could raise the issues of the seriously shit 11A and 11C

richardjones210368

6780 -  X8
Departed Birmingham exactly on time and this evening West Midlands Travel are providing an excellent service.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 28, 2020, 04:48:44 PM
Don't suppose you could raise the issues of the seriously shit 11A and 11C
And the University routes, in regards to there being no shelter at north Gate.
Currently on 6881 and about 50 people waiting for it at University North Gate, so it's now completly full with standing passengers.
But not even a shelter at North Gate, while one stop in the Ladywood area only called at by a few 10H's a day has a shelter.

All the others I saw where full a short while ago as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

richardjones210368

Quote from: 2206 on January 28, 2020, 05:49:04 PM
And the University routes, in regards to there being no shelter at north Gate.
Currently on 6881 and about 50 people waiting for it at University North Gate, so it's now completly full with standing passengers.
But not even a shelter at North Gate, while one stop in the Ladywood area only called at by a few 10H's a day has a shelter.

All the others I saw where full a short while ago as well.
@Trident 4194 & @2206  I posted well in advance I was attending meetings all day at the WMCA and would have more than been pleased to raise any issue I cannot do so after the agenda for 2020 has been agreed perhaps some on this forum may start to take me more serious I intend to take the forum more serious anyway after it was agreed it could be made public funny I know the next West Midlands Bus is the 40 & @Tony confirmed it . This is the only comment I will make on the matter.

metrocity

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 28, 2020, 04:45:53 PM
ROM FEBRUARY 2020:
1. The future structure of bus services were agreed today.
The West Midands Bus Allliance board led by Cllr Kath Hartley and other stakeholders will oversee  West Midlands Bus Services
2. The bus operators will form a West Midlands Bus Operators Board and will report directly to the WMBA
3. Further Sub Groups will be formed to oversee:
Safer Partnership Group
Passengers Satisfaction Group
Sub Bus Operators Group
Connections Group
Community & Accessible Group
All the above will report to the WMBA Board
4. The role of the Bus Champions will be changed to work in all the other groups above
5. The Next West Midlands Bus Service run by the WMCA will be the old 410 the 40 with both NXWM & Diamond signing an Enhanced Partnership.

I am sure you will all agree a new decade and a new start for
West Midlands Bus
More talking shops - great !

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: metrocity on January 28, 2020, 06:27:40 PM
More talking shops - great !

Another waste of time and tax payers money, presumably buses will be need to be repainted, lets hope the Alliance is willing to cough up the money for this, why should NX bus and Diamond have to pay.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 28, 2020, 07:40:34 PM
Another waste of time and tax payers money, presumably buses will be need to be repainted, lets hope the Alliance is willing to cough up the money for this, why should NX bus and Diamond have to pay.

There's still no plans to repaint any buses other than those for joint routes.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2020, 07:58:14 PM
There's still no plans to repaint any buses other than those for joint routes.

ok @Tony but who pays for those repaints, after all some buses may have only just been repainted into crimson?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 28, 2020, 08:00:04 PM
ok @Tony but who pays for those repaints, after all some buses may have only just been repainted into crimson?

I choose buses that could do with a repaint!

for the 40 I could have left the existing E200s on there, only spec was must be Euro 6, which WB's E200s are, but by moving 2232-2236 to WB has given those buses which had got a bit untidy a full repaint

don

I am delighted to inform everyone that meeting went excellent the X8 was taken offline in Any Other Business and the major concerns taken onboard by WMT and TfWM and the process of better regulation of the service taken onboard a process of route monitoring will commence and in the long term the service will be improved for the benefit of all stakeholders and just one other point I am exactly the same in my professional life as at today's meetings as I am on the forum no difference.

I can't see why they wouldn't simply receive this as a group of complaints about one service, which they would then ask the operator to provide a response on. As NXWM (and other organisations) have all the data on operations, punctuality and delays, I would have thought the operator's response would be considered along with the data provided to determine if there was a need for further action. Spending public funds on independent monitoring as a first response, without that, based on one complaint (even from a bus champion) would be a gross waste of public funds.

Well done for reporting your personal observations though.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Not quite sure who would take that on board by West Midlands Travel today as it was the annual Management conference at Edgbaston Cricket Ground today, and anyone responsible was there.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2020, 08:45:33 PM
Not quite sure who would take that on board by West Midlands Travel today as it was the annual Management conference at Edgbaston Cricket Ground today, and anyone responsible was there.
It was @Tony your are quite right they were at ECC I did say my agenda note on the X8 was taken offline didn't I  I do not lie and was agreed OFFLINE and agreement was concluded with all matters with WMT  beforehand today was just the official WMCA meeting today . Apologies for the late response I have only just logged in after my lane swimming.

don

Quote from: karl724223 on January 28, 2020, 11:36:39 AM
yes I did at hartshill

Interesting - I always liked those silver/dark blue trim Metrobus Mk2a buses and especially the last ones. I have read the last ones (which were initially stored) had quality issues so if you drove them new was curious what you thought of them?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Wumpty

Quote from: don on January 29, 2020, 12:20:23 AM
Interesting - I always liked those silver/dark blue trim Metrobus Mk2a buses and especially the last ones. I have read the last ones (which were initially stored) had quality issues so if you drove them new was curious what you thought of them?

I think these final MBs were built either just before or after MCW going into/had gone into administration. IIRC some of the batch weren't delivered to WMT. Those that were I understand had a number of quality issues. Still, it was testament to the WMT engineers who persevered and did some of the remedial work themselves and had them operational.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

richardjones210368

Quote from: Wumpty on January 29, 2020, 09:27:56 AM
I think these final MBs were built either just before or after MCW going into/had gone into administration. IIRC some of the batch weren't delivered to WMT. Those that were I understand had a number of quality issues. Still, it was testament to the WMT engineers who persevered and did some of the remedial work themselves and had them operational.
There is no need to move this out this thread as the vehicles themselves If I remember correctly were used on the X8 regularly in its previous guise and used by many Aston Villa supporters to who Congratulations are due on reaching Wembley.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk