News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 09, 2021, 07:11:44 AM
@Bus Man K2 what is the criteria for "limited service" on these maps?

The 72A only does 4 journeys in the evening, but isn't marked as a limited service.

(I was just about to compare this to the 89 Coventry - Solihull but, on looking at the timetable on TfWM's website, I find that it doesn't even do a full journey from Solihull to Coventry any more unless you request it on the last bus of the day!)

@ellspurs

I don't know what the criteria is for a 'limited service' but I can only asume it to be certain journeys unlike the 'limited stop' services.

Saying that it looks like 'limited service' is highlighted  be a red diamond.

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 08:14:30 AM
I don't know what the criteria is for a 'limited service' but I can only asume it to be certain journeys unlike the 'limited stop' services.

There's a different symbol for "certain journeys" though.

The limited service symbol seems to be used for services that don't have a frequent service (ie the flexibus services in Solihull/Warwickshire/89).

Can you ask them what they're using as their criteria?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 09, 2021, 08:26:31 AM
There's a different symbol for "certain journeys" though.

The limited service symbol seems to be used for services that don't have a frequent service (ie the flexibus services in Solihull/Warwickshire/89).

Can you ask them what they're using as their criteria?

Yes there is it's the occasional service symbol.
I can try but they don't always give me an answer.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2021, 06:58:55 PM
There is no need, and with the X12/X70 there is no default route, drivers are free to take whichever they prefer unless instructed not to by a supervisor.
Heartlands Parkway is shown on the current Birmingham map as blue with the X12/X70 yet as I said you could stand there for hours and not see a bus either way, that should be white.

Hi @Tony  Ok then I will suggest that it either should be show on all three routes that they take between Bitmingham and Bromford or none at all.

However when TfWM go back to printing their vertiono of the timetables how would you suggest that they show them running between B'ham and Bromford @Tony and @Adam 404? As you say @Adam 404  you don't show it in the timetable that you've produced. Which in my eyes doesnt seem right but hay ho lets just carry on with this topic now and move past this. 😁

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 10:41:13 AM
Hi @Tony  Ok then I will suggest that it either should be show on all three routes that they take between Bitmingham and Bromford or none at all.

However when TfWM go back to printing their vertiono of the timetables how would you suggest that they show them running between B'ham and Bromford @Tony and @Adam 404? As you say @Adam 404  you don't show it in the timetable that you've produced. Which in my eyes doesnt seem right but hay ho lets just carry on with this topic now and move past this. 😁

All it needs to say is 'Runs non-stop between Bromford Lane and City Centre.'

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2021, 11:31:37 AM
All it needs to say is 'Runs non-stop between Bromford Lane and City Centre.'

Is that along the routes it might take or just in general?

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 11:33:34 AM
Is that along the routes it might take or just in general?
Just a note on the map I think.

Also I think 80A should be shown in dark blue as well. As 80/80A (currently just 80A) have ran at every 10 minutes for a number of years now. Icknield Port Road, Ladywood Middleway, etc.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on January 09, 2021, 11:47:08 AM
Just a note on the map I think.

Also I think 80A should be shown in dark blue as well. As 80/80A (currently just 80A) have ran at every 10 minutes for a number of years now. Icknield Port Road, Ladywood Middleway, etc.

Ok I have added that note to my list.

I will also add the 80A observation to my list.

I have a lot of abservations. I have 18 pages!!! and thats not the finished version!!😁

Most of them may be my OCD playing havok!! 😁

ellspurs

The 53 in Smith's Wood should be revised to using Lanchester Way in both directions up to its terminus. Bus stop flags have been updated on the road to show it is supposed to use it in both directions, and not use Auckland Drive.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 09, 2021, 12:19:38 PM
The 53 in Smith's Wood should be revised to using Lanchester Way in both directions up to its terminus. Bus stop flags have been updated on the road to show it is supposed to use it in both directions, and not use Auckland Drive.

Thanks for this @ellspurs. Although I had already got this observation.... it good to know that someone else has pick it up!! 😁

Bus Man K2

Does anybody know how the 75A operates between B'ham Int stn and Sutton (Bishop Walsh School) and vice-versa? As the current timetable map shows it operating two routes.

One via the 75 route from Coleshill Road (M42 bridge) to Wylde Green Road and then up Wylde Green Road and Birmingham Road to Queen Street and South Parade.

The second is via Middleton.

karl724223

OMG 9  PAGES OF CRAP IVE JUST READ THROUGH FROM MR WOLLASTON
AND I THOUGH MR BLACKHEATH WAS BAD

Bus Man K2

Quote from: karl724223 on January 09, 2021, 12:55:41 PM
OMG 9  PAGES OF CRAP IVE JUST READ THROUGH FROM MR WOLLASTON
AND I THOUGH MR BLACKHEATH WAS BAD

@karl724223

Ok you don't need to say that. Yes it may be CRAP to you but tp anyone else it may be important. Yes I also know I can go on and on but that's just how I am and my OCD! 😁  Sorry to everyone who had to read through all 9 pages of this to get to this only. I don't mean any harm. 😁  I just want to do a proper job  and if I'm using the wrong terminology tben I'm sorry but I'm only goning on what it says on the map in the key. Yes I know that might be wrong but it's just the way I work it out!! 😁

Westy

The Walsall map (in an attempt to change the subject!).

Notice the 3 has been truncated at Brownhills, but should the 1 & 2E be taken off as well now?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on January 09, 2021, 02:31:01 PM
The Walsall map (in an attempt to change the subject!).

Notice the 3 has been truncated at Brownhills, but should the 1 & 2E be taken off as well now?

Hi @Westy

I also just want to get back on track! 😁

They have only asked me to look at the Birmingham map to start off with. So I'm concentrating on Birmingham, however yes Walsall will be another area to look at but I dont know when! 😁

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk