News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 06:24:02 PM
Hi @Stu

I'm talking about the Vicarage Road and Stoney Lane in Smethwick if that's any help? 😁

Thanks for answering the post.

Unless anyone can state otherwise, that is wrong. Vicarage Road does not connect to High Street anyway like that.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.4953744,-1.9724943,18z
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on January 09, 2021, 06:50:56 PM
Unless anyone can state otherwise, that is wrong. Vicarage Road does not connect to High Street anyway like that.

It's probably a fudge bunging Trinity Street on the end of it. It all just needs to be removed anyway.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 09, 2021, 06:48:15 PM
Both.

Pretty much the route shown on the map, with the exception that no bus serves the tiny bottom part of Somerville Road between Braemar Road and Jockey Road.

If you go on the TfWM website, it gives you the option to view a map of the route: https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/timetables/#/route/cen_13604_%20_H_y11_7-7

Thanks for that @ellspurs.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 09, 2021, 06:50:56 PM

Thanks @Stu I'll get them to amend that and take Vicarage road and Stoney lane off and Lso rectifiy the vicarage road hicup! 😁

Adam 404

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 05:34:00 PM

@Adam 404
That is you edition and not TfWM's isn't it? I'm looking at the TfWM edition (dated 1 Sept 19). 😁
That's not what you said. Either way, TfWM don't appear to be producing leaflets of any kind any time soon.
Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 09, 2021, 10:41:13 AM
As you say @Adam 404  you don't show it in the timetable that you've produced. Which in my eyes doesnt seem right but hay ho

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Adam 404 on January 09, 2021, 11:22:35 PM
That's not what you said. Either way, TfWM don't appear to be producing leaflets of any kind any time soon.

Hi @Adam 404

I did say the TfWM edition in my first reply to you and not yours...
Anyway from Easter they are going to start producing leaflets again, that's why I'm looking at the TfWM timetables and area maps to correct the mistakes so when they produce the timetables and area maps they are all upto date and correct.

Actually I have just checked Google Maps again ant it does show  both the X12 and X70 operating along Heartlands Parkway. Traveline West Midlands have it operating along Lichfield Road and Aston Expressway.

Bus Man K2

I am currently looking at the Coventry area map and as I don't live in this area. I was just wondering does anybody know are there any services that operate along the Ringway between Foleshill Road & London Road?

I need to know as soon as posible.

Thank you in advance

Bus Man K2

Bus Man K2

I need some help with Coventry please???

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 16, 2021, 04:37:46 PM

If you don't know yourself, and no-one here can help you, then you obviously can't help TfWM with this, so don't worry about it.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 16, 2021, 04:45:40 PM
If you don't know yourself, and no-one here can help you, then you obviously can't help TfWM with this, so don't worry about it.

I have had responses for Coventry before. I also have old tinetables to help if I don't know. I was just re asking if anybody could help on here? Obviously not....unless @Adam 404 can?

Pat

Quote from: Stu on January 16, 2021, 04:45:40 PM
Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 16, 2021, 04:37:46 PM
What Stu says makes sense.  It should really be someone who is familiar with the area who does this voluntary checking

paulb1973

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 16, 2021, 11:54:43 AM
I am currently looking at the Coventry area map and as I don't live in this area. I was just wondering does anybody know are there any services that operate along the Ringway between Foleshill Road & London Road?

I need to know as soon as posible.

Thank you in advance

Bus Man K2

I see the old 22 September 2019 Coventry Map & Guide has that section coloured dark blue [the city wide larger map] suggesting it is used. But, off the top of my head I can't think of anything that uses that stretch of the Ring Road on a regular basis (but I could be wrong!).

Does the 735 School journey to Blue Coats School still run and does it use that eastern section of the Ring Road?

Historically there's never been great use of the Ring Road (bar the obvious Holyhead Rd to Upper Well St and New Union St/Little Park St to London Rd etc sections).

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 16, 2021, 04:56:28 PM
What Stu says makes sense.  It should really be someone who is familiar with the area who does this voluntary checking

I can see where both of you are coming from... however they have nn one whoes from Coventry... So their stuck with me!!! 😁 and anything I come up with.. They have also let me offer it out to people.. That's why I am on here. 😁

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 16, 2021, 05:05:38 PM
I can see where both of you are coming from... however they have nn one whoes from Coventry... So their stuck with me!!! 😁 and anything I come up with.. They have also let me offer it out to people.. That's why I am on here. 😁

There's plenty of people who work at Coventry both TfWM or NXWM who they could ask if needed who know every route in Coventry

Bus Man K2

Quote from: paulb1973 on January 16, 2021, 05:03:09 PM

I see the old 22 September 2019 Coventry Map & Guide has that section coloured dark blue [the city wide larger map] suggesting it is used. But, off the top of my head I can't think of anything that uses that stretch of the Ring Road on a regular basis (but I could be wrong!).

Does the 735 School journey to Blue Coats School still run and does it use that eastern section of the Ring Road?

Historically there's never been great use of the Ring Road (bar the obvious Holyhead Rd to Upper Well St and New Union St/Little Park St to London Rd etc sections).

I know that the section between Hales Street/Bus Station and Walsgrave Road is.. its only the little bit the other direction... I think the 735 does still run...eventhough the current map which is available on the WMN website doesn't show it..but if you search for the timetable it popps up!! 😁

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk