News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 07:48:14 PM
Yes I understand that however it has to be shown on one of the routes it uses even if it doesn't stop lalong it. That's whay I link and probably what TfWM are running to.
Why? If its shown on the map as an "other bus  served road" it'd suggest it serves it to be honest.
Why not just put a note on the map at Bromford Bridge saying "X12/X70 Run non - stop to Birmingham City Centre".
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 08, 2021, 07:47:30 PM
The X1 and X2 services are limited-stop services that run express between Bordesley station and Hay Mills (Kings Road).

While most of the time they operate direct along Small Heath Highway (but do not serve it as there are no stops!) they will on occasion divert along Coventry Road through Small Heath either in full or in part, depending on road/traffic conditions. But still, they do not call at any stops, so don't serve them either.

I also understand that the X1 & X2 are limited stop however again it needs to be show on a route rlthat it does normally or even in the case of congestion so I think it may be the only way round this problem! 😁

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 07:48:14 PM
Yes I understand that however it has to be shown on one of the routes it uses even if it doesn't stop lalong it. That's whay I link and probably what TfWM are running to.

I still say the best is the number against the city centre, and the next number against Bromford lane on the map. There is a solid blue line between them via Tyburn Road (which is the route the vast majority of drivers use, so it doesn't look like it has to jump a gap, but it also doesn't give the impression of stopping on that route.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 07:51:46 PM
I also understand that the X1 & X2 are limited stop however again it needs to be show on a route rlthat it does normally or even in the case of congestion so I think it may be the only way round this problem! 😁

It certainly doesn't need to show both. You don't show all the other diversions that are used, which is many every single day, so why do you need to show one for the X1/X2. All this week they are terminating on Smallbrook Queensway, instead of Moor Street Queensway, but you wouldn't show that

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2021, 07:51:52 PM
I still say the best is the number against the city centre, and the next number against Bromford lane on the map. There is a solid blue line between them via Tyburn Road (which is the route the vast majority of drivers use, so it doesn't look like it has to jump a gap, but it also doesn't give the impression of stopping on that route.

But if it's in a different colour and is highlighted in the Key then I don't see there's a problem?

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 07:55:16 PM

But if it's in a different colour and is highlighted in the Key then I don't see there's a problem?

Please explain why one possible diversion is important, but not any other.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2021, 07:54:30 PM
It certainly doesn't need to show both. You don't show all the other diversions that are used, which is many every single day, so why do you need to show one for the X1/X2. All this week they are terminating on Smallbrook Queensway, instead of Moor Street Queensway, but you wouldn't show that

You are right on that..however on a normal service that is Limited stop and does different routes to the same place I think it would help passenger. Yes I know you dont think so, but that's your own oppinion. I'm not saying that you can't have your opinion but I am also entitled to an opioion  as well aren't I?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2021, 07:56:39 PM
Please explain why one possible diversion is important, but not any other.

I can explain....if its omly a temp divertion like the Moor St closure I don't think it should be on the ma0 as it's only a temp one. Wherear in the case of the X12 or X1 if it goes a sligjt ly dofferent route in congested times them  thenk it should be shown I think.

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 07:59:36 PM
You are right on that..however on a normal service that is Limited stop and does different routes to the same place I think it would help passenger.
Not really. You can't get off or on there. Then it doesn't help the passenger.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on January 08, 2021, 08:06:07 PM
Not really. You can't get off or on there. Then it doesn't help the passenger.

Ok.. I understand where you're coming from but TfWM are the people who take the viiew that it needs to be shown  and I can't force them to change it.

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 08:03:29 PM

I can explain....if its omly a temp divertion like the Moor St closure I don't think it should be on the ma0 as it's only a temp one. Wherear in the case of the X12 or X1 if it goes a sligjt ly dofferent route in congested times them  thenk it should be shown I think.

But as has been stated previously, it makes no difference to the average passenger which way the route goes, where is the next stop?

Honestly, this discussion is going around in circles and I don't know where you're going with this, but it is all starting to get a bit tedious now.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 08, 2021, 08:34:38 PM
But as has been stated previously, it makes no difference to the average passenger which way the route goes, where is the next stop?

Honestly, this discussion is going around in circles and I don't know where you're going with this, but it is all starting to get a bit tedious now.

I know it is getting a bit tedious now. I only suggest changes to the maps. It's TfWM that have the last say. let's leave it at that now, please?

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 08, 2021, 03:36:26 PM
No I haven't it's normally up to the operator to bring it up with Google.

Hopefullly he may beable to get something out if Google!! 😁
Only today have I had to report an issue to Google, as they have listed the Monday to Saturday daytime 530 as being run by Diamond from Bilston Street and not Banga.  This is why I never use Google for public transport information, as it can often be inaccurate.

ellspurs

@Bus Man K2 what is the criteria for "limited service" on these maps?

The 72A only does 4 journeys in the evening, but isn't marked as a limited service.

(I was just about to compare this to the 89 Coventry - Solihull but, on looking at the timetable on TfWM's website, I find that it doesn't even do a full journey from Solihull to Coventry any more unless you request it on the last bus of the day!)

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on January 08, 2021, 11:36:28 PM
Only today have I had to report an issue to Google, as they have listed the Monday to Saturday daytime 530 as being run by Diamond from Bilston Street and not Banga.  This is why I never use Google for public transport information, as it can often be inaccurate.

I only use Google as I find it somtimes more upto date that TfWM when it works! 😁

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk