News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus Area Map and Guides

Started by Bus Man K2, October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

For those who want to know that the area maps that TfWM produce will be produced as follows.

Solihull & Walsall in December 2019

Sandwell/Dudley & Wolverhampton in January 2020 to coinside with the West Dudley Changes.

Birmingham & Coventry in April 2020

Although on the Network West Midlands website you will see that they have added an 27th Oct 19 editions of the Birmingham and Sandwell & Dudley Map & Guides. These will not be produced until the other dates which I mentioned above.

WMT3000

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on October 30, 2019, 05:58:10 PM
For those who want to know that the area maps that TfWM produce will be produced as follows.

Solihull & Walsall in December 2019

Sandwell/Dudley & Wolverhampton in January 2020 to coinside with the West Dudley Changes.

Birmingham & Coventry in April 2020
Thanks for the info @Bus Man K2. Issuing the maps to coincide with the changes makes good sense as opposed to sticking to particular times of year. In the past there have been occasions where maps have been obsolete by the time they've become available. I'm also hoping that the maps continue to be produced in printed form for a good while to come as they're really useful in my opinion.

Westy

Bus Man K2

Quote from: WMT3000 on October 30, 2019, 06:30:31 PM
Thanks for the info @Bus Man K2. Issuing the maps to coincide with the changes makes good sense as opposed to sticking to particular times of year. In the past there have been occasions where maps have been obsolete by the time they've become available. I'm also hoping that the maps continue to be produced in printed form for a good while to come as they're really useful in my opinion.

That's ok. I think that the maps will continue to be produced much like the printed timetables will. Although I know some timetables have been discontinued, this being because they're either a tendered one partly between two councils and the one council say that they'll produce it but they never do. The other reason is that the times/route don't change it's just the operator that does, so there's no need to reissue it.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on October 30, 2019, 06:35:00 PM
How did you find out?
I am the person who puts lots of the mistakes right on the current maps and they ask me to look at them and give feedback.

markcf83

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

JPC

Hope you don't mind me pointing out all of the following in the Coventry map (online) in the hope that you'll have it sorted for the April update...

74 - not shown at Bulkington village & does not serve Paradise Way at Walsgrave Triangle.
78/78A - loop at Hawkesbury should be Anti-Clockwise.
42 - part of the route around Overslade Cres is served on outbound journey only, inbound journey variance isn't shown.
60/61 - routing is incorrect at Eastern Green.
61 - does not serve nor terminate at Allesley Park terminus
60/61 - does not run along the segment of Charter Avenue between Mitchell Ave and Sir Henry Parkes Rd.
580 - does not run along Quinton Rd and Daventry Rd, it runs along London Road (between Ring Road and Daventry Rd) instead & The occasional journeys do not run along Rowley Road in Baginton.
41 - route amended on 27/10/19 to serve eastern segment of Middle Ride.
21A - At Middlemarch Business Park I believe this also serves Siskin Parkway West and East (a loop), can anybody clarify?.

Thanks!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on October 30, 2019, 08:44:47 PM
Hope you don't mind me pointing out all of the following in the Coventry map (online) in the hope that you'll have it sorted for the April update...

74 - not shown at Bulkington village & does not serve Paradise Way at Walsgrave Triangle.
42 - part of the route around Overslade Cres is served on outbound journey only, inbound journey variance isn't shown.
60/61 - does not run along the segment of Charter Avenue between Mitchell Ave and Sir Henry Parkes Rd.
580 - does not run along Quinton Rd and Daventry Rd, it runs along London Road (between Ring Road and Daventry Rd) instead & The occasional journeys do not run along Rowley Road in Baginton.
21A - At Middlemarch Business Park I believe this also serves Siskin Parkway West and East (a loop), can anybody clarify?.

Thanks!

Hi JPC

Thank you for your imput. I Had picked up on some of the points that you make.

1. 61  doesn't serve the terminus at Allselley Park.
2. Routing of the 60/61 around Eastern Green.

Is the last point on the 60/61 where the 4a is mentioned?

I did pick up on one point that you haven't mentioned (not saying that you should have!). Some journeys on these routes operate up Keresley Green Road to the junction of Penny Park Lane but this isn't mentioned.

Could you please elaborate on the 42  journeys. What is currently wrong with this? As I thought both outbound and inbound do operate along Overslade Cres.

The other points I will check in against the printed timetable map. Not saying I don't trust you as I don't know the area that well but also don't know if you live in that area? I assume that you do though as you seam to know more detail than me if it's all correct!!! 

Thanks again.

If anyone else has got miskates that thay want to point out on other area maps please share and I'll try to get them implemented. Not saying that they will be implemented for this round of amendments.

Westy

Couple of things.

Is the number 2 now correct on the Walsall map, as it now goes via the Pinfold & Blakenall, rather than Somerfield Road & Leamore Lane?

Why are the Dudley & Sandwell & the Coventry maps in slightly different formats to the other areas?

JPC

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on October 30, 2019, 09:26:12 PM
Is the last point on the 60/61 where the 4a is mentioned?

I did pick up on one point that you haven't mentioned (not saying that you should have!). Some journeys on these routes operate up Keresley Green Road to the junction of Penny Park Lane but this isn't mentioned.

Could you please elaborate on the 42  journeys. What is currently rong with this? As I thought both outbound and inbound do operate along Overslade Cres.

Yes - that bit of Charter Ave which the 4A also goes along.

The 60/61 journeys operating via Keresley Green Rd and Penny Park Lane are numbered 60S and 61S, adding them to the map would just make it complicated.

The 42 towards Coventry journeys currently runs... Brownshill Green Rd, Norman Place Rd to Duncroft Avenue.
Will agree that it *should* follow the reverse of the outbound journey as the current arrangement just makes the service half useless for the residents in the Overslade Crescent area.

Here's one more for you... On Westwood Way the 60A and 61A needs deleting and the arrows for 60 and 61 should be in the opposite direction.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Westy on October 30, 2019, 09:54:05 PM
Couple of things.

Is the number 2 now correct on the Walsall map, as it now goes via the Pinfold & Blakenall, rather than Somerfield Road & Leamore Lane?

Why are the Dudley & Sandwell & the Coventry maps in slightly different formats to the other areas?

Hi Westy

Thanks for the note on the 2 route in Walsall. I have now added this to the list.

To answer your question I don't know why the Dudley and Coventry maps are in a slightly different format.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on October 30, 2019, 10:02:35 PM
Yes - that bit of Charter Ave which the 4A also goes along.

The 60/61 journeys operating via Keresley Green Rd and Penny Park Lane are numbered 60S and 61S, adding them to the map would just make it complicated.

The 42 towards Coventry journeys currently runs... Brownshill Green Rd, Norman Place Rd to Duncroft Avenue.
Will agree that it *should* follow the reverse of the outbound journey as the current arrangement just makes the service half useless for the residents in the Overslade Crescent area.

Here's one more for you... On Westwood Way the 60A and 61A needs deleting and the arrows for 60 and 61 should be in the opposite direction.

Hi JPC the 60/61 journeys that operated up Keresley Green Rd were mentioned in previous editions of the map.

Thanks for the other points though. I will add them on my list of amendments.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on October 30, 2019, 08:44:47 PM

Thanks!

Hi JPC

I have just checked the 60/61 Charter Ave issue against the operators website map and they have the 60 operating along Charter Ave and the 61 operating along the route that your saying it doesn't do. It is also mentioned on the map in the timetable doing that route so I'll double check with them. 

JPC

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on October 31, 2019, 01:03:17 PM
Hi JPC

I have just checked the 60/61 Charter Ave issue against the operators website map and they have the 60 operating along Charter Ave and the 61 operating along the route that your saying it doesn't do. It is also mentioned on the map in the timetable doing that route so I'll double check with them.

The 60 and 61 route map on the Traveline or Network West Midlands timetable websites are generally correct.

This has made me notice one more issue on the Coventry bus map, a most obvious one at that... At the University of Warwick all routes now run along Gibbet Hill Road only, they no longer run on/loop around University Road, a bus interchange is now located by the roundabout at the southern end of University Rd.  N.B University Road has seemingly been renamed: Lord Bhattacharyya Way. And to add to that service U1 and limited number of U2 journeys now extends from the University of Warwick via Kirby Corner Road to Cannon Park Shopping Centre.

Hopefully I'll not find anything else now - Thanks!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on October 31, 2019, 06:18:21 PM
The 60 and 61 route map on the Traveline or Network West Midlands timetable websites are generally correct.

This has made me notice one more issue on the Coventry bus map, a most obvious one at that... At the University of Warwick all routes now run along Gibbet Hill Road only, they no longer run on/loop around University Road, a bus interchange is now located by the roundabout at the southern end of University Rd.  N.B University Road has seemingly been renamed: Lord Bhattacharyya Way. And to add to that service U1 and limited number of U2 journeys now extends from the University of Warwick via Kirby Corner Road to Cannon Park Shopping Centre.

Hopefully I'll not find anything else now - Thanks!

Hi JPC  I have already picked up on the U1/U2 journeys that go to Cannon Park.

I haven't checked Traveline's map for the 60/61. I only checked Travel De Courcey's website and the printed timetable that TfWM produce.

Aren't there some services that do the loop of the Uni at the Uni of Warwick?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk