News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Northern

Started by Cheese, September 17, 2018, 12:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese

New Northern Unit 195103 has just gone past me through Warrington Bank Quay. Looked quite a nice looking unit.

mikestone

Electric working via Bolton finally started yesterday with three 319s in use.

markcf83

Just passed 195126 being delivered on the M5 as I was passing Bromsgrove. It was on two separate low loaders. Thought it would be easier for them to be sent North on the rail network.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: markcf83 on July 12, 2019, 11:08:29 AM
Just passed 195126 being delivered on the M5 as I was passing Bromsgrove. It was on two separate low loaders. Thought it would be easier for them to be sent North on the rail network.

I think they need to be gauged before use on the rail network
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Quote from: markcf83 on July 12, 2019, 11:08:29 AM

Passed another two today heading north on the m5

Stuharris 6360

To save starting a new topic,

It appears that Northern Rail will be taken into public ownership on the 1st March 2020.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 29, 2020, 01:46:48 PM

It appears that Northern Rail will be taken into public ownership on the 1st March 2020.

There operations are woeful

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 29, 2020, 01:58:27 PM
There operations are woeful

Yes that's true, but if people are expecting that on the 1st March things to majorly improve, sadly they will be disappointed. Network Rail need to start performing better in that area to.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Bob

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 29, 2020, 01:46:48 PM

Under a Tory govt too 😂

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Bob on February 03, 2020, 06:49:42 PM
Under a Tory govt too 😂

From what I understand, it just wasn't the appauling service, the owners were running out of money very quickly.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 03, 2020, 07:24:14 PM
From what I understand, it just wasn't the appauling service, the owners were running out of money very quickly.
Sadly that's what you get from a Labour Metro Mayor in Manchester although I am not train user at least the West Midands version of Andy Burnham is getting to grips with the rail company within his combined authority funny how all these elected Metro Mayors seem to be called Andy isn't it.

Tony

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 09:23:56 PM
Sadly that's what you get from a Labour Metro Mayor in Manchester although I am not train user at least the West Midands version of Andy Burnham is getting to grips with the rail company within his combined authority funny how all these elected Metro Mayors seem to be called Andy isn't it.

Yes Andy Burnham is really responsible for the late arrival of new trains, infrastrasture upgrades not being done by Network Rail poor services in Sheffield, Leeds and Newcastle.

This is not the place for political crap

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2020, 09:38:26 PM
Yes Andy Burnham is really responsible for the late arrival of new trains, infrastrasture upgrades not being done by Network Rail poor services in Sheffield, Leeds and Newcastle.

This is not the place for political crap
Seriously and this is genuine @Tony do TfGM not have the same input into the rail franchise as TfWM has with West Midlands Railways I know nothing about the rail franchises I just assumed Mr Burnham had the same impact on a franchise in TfGM as Mr Street with TfWM and to be fair @Tony I have made it clear to you in a PM in no way do I ever what to bring politics into the forum and have informed you as such that I will be leaving the forum before Easter I thought TfGM had a major input into Northern therefore thought it appropriate to compare Mr Burnham with Mr Street apologies it wasn't ment to be overtly political just an observation please delete the post if you fell its inappropriate.

Tony

Quote from: richardjones210368 on February 03, 2020, 09:53:51 PM
Seriously and this is genuine @Tony do TfGM not have the same input into the rail franchise as TfWM has with West Midlands Railways I know nothing about the rail franchises I just assumed Mr Burnham had the same impact on a franchise in TfGM as Mr Street with TfWM and to be fair @Tony I have made it clear to you in a PM in no way do I ever what to bring politics into the forum and have informed you as such that I will be leaving the forum before Easter I thought TfGM had a major input into Northern therefore thought it appropriate to compare Mr Burnham with Mr Street apologies it wasn't ment to be overtly political just an observation please delete the post if you fell its inappropriate.

Andy Burnham has been posturing about train services in Manchester in exactly the same way as Andy Street. Taking the franchise in house may help in the medium to long term as Arriva were losing a lot of money on it. Short term only the arrival of the new trains and Network Rail getting track, signalling and power supplies sorted will make a noticeable difference and those will happen at the same pace whoever is running the trains.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2020, 10:14:01 PM
Andy Burnham has been posturing about train services in Manchester in exactly the same way as Andy Street. Taking the franchise in house may help in the medium to long term as Arriva were losing a lot of money on it. Short term only the arrival of the new trains and Network Rail getting track, signalling and power supplies sorted will make a noticeable difference and those will happen at the same pace whoever is running the trains.
Right I understand thank you @Tony  I know the current West Midlands Rail Franchise has more input from the WMCA than in London Midland days as bus nut I look at rail franchises with bewilderment I am no fan of Branson on his tax free island but look in amazement the FirstGroup are awarded the West Coast and I constantly read in the "i" that South Western & Trans Pennine could be handed back going back to my UNI days and I spent a lot longer at First Midland Red than just my internship can you honestly believe First Great Western would not let First Midland Red initially put its publicity material in Foregate St Travel Office after Angel Place was closed Trevor Smallwood intervened personally and MRW took over the GWR Enquiry Office & that was the madness of bus and rail years ago madness @Tony & again apologies your forum is not a place for petty politics.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk