News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hollands Coaches of Kidderminster

Started by Reece, April 01, 2016, 04:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reece

PD1014764/1 - GEORGE RONALD MOLE & STEVEN JOHN MOLE T/A HOLLAND COACHES, PO BOX 175, KIDDERMINSTER, DY11 7RA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Kidderminster Bus Station and Cookley/Caunsall given service number 9/9A effective from 20-May-2016.

A true end of era Hollands looks to be pulling the 9 Kidderminster - Cookley they have been running this service since the early 1970s.  :'(
http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_selfserviceopbusregsearchresults_new.asp

Cedric

Reece
anything about  Hollands only other service
CLOWS TOP – CLEOBURY MORTIMER 220   Via Mamble and Bayton                                       Service operated by Hollands Coaches
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Cedric on April 01, 2016, 05:08:24 PM
Reece
anything about  Hollands only other service
CLOWS TOP – CLEOBURY MORTIMER 220   Via Mamble and Bayton                                       Service operated by Hollands Coaches
It was withdrawn last year

winston

Is the 9/9A a commercial service or tendered?

Reece

Quote from: Winston on April 01, 2016, 05:43:54 PM
Is the 9/9A a commercial service or tendered?
I am not aware of it being tendered directly but I think WCC gives Hollands some money towards the 9/9A. But as I say they have been running the service for so long Hollands and WCC might have some kind of long term deal.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Reece on April 01, 2016, 05:40:55 PM
It was withdrawn last year

@Reece VOSA still show the service as registered and Traveline have a timetable for the 220, albeit just 1 trip each way on Wednesdays.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

Quote from: Reece on April 01, 2016, 05:56:34 PM
I am not aware of it being tendered directly but I think WCC gives Hollands some money towards the 9/9A. But as I say they have been running the service for so long Hollands and WCC might have some kind of long term deal.

Does the service carry many passengers? I wonder if Diamond or another might provide a replacement service

Reece

Quote from: Winston on April 01, 2016, 06:27:24 PM
Does the service carry many passengers? I wonder if Diamond or another might provide a replacement service
Well they use mini buses on the 9/9A the service is hourly and has some good loadings thought out the day as it is the only bus that servers the large village of Cookley and the smaller village of Caunsall.

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on April 01, 2016, 06:27:24 PM
If Diamonds  7 was extended  to turn right at the top of sion hill along  the wolverley road then left on to the A449  to serve cookley/caunsall . and returning along the a449  in to broadwaters  and the follow the current 7 route   that would  cover about 99% of the 9/9a  . as futher along the 7 route the routes run over same ground and the bit that would be missed  very lightly used
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Cedric on April 01, 2016, 07:06:47 PM
If Diamonds  7 was extended  to turn right at the top of sion hill along  the wolverley road then left on to the A449  to serve cookley/caunsall . and returning along the a449  in to broadwaters  and the follow the current 7 route   that would  cover about 99% of the 9/9a  . as futher along the 7 route the routes run over same ground and the bit that would be missed  very lightly used
One problem with that most journeys on the 7 only carry 1-5 passengers mainly passes. The only reason the 7 is commercially viable is because it interworks with the 192 which is actually commercially viable. If the 7 was extended to Cookley it would add at minimum a extra 20 mins to the journey time on a good day and that doesn't include serving Caunsall which would take another 10-15 mins to do and get back to Cookley. All together the extra journey time would be getting on for 30-40 mins with traffic and loading time. This in turn would mean the 7/192 which currently interworks would have to have a extra bus in the allocation and that means a extra bus and driver which Diamond Kidderminster depot just doesn't have. They can barely cover the services they have got it stretched to say the least at the moment.

Cedric

Quote from: Reece on April 01, 2016, 07:44:29 PM
One problem with that most journeys on the 7 only carry 1-5 passengers mainly passes. The only reason the 7 is commercially viable is because it interworks with the 192 which is actually commercially viable. If the 7 was extended to Cookley it would add at minimum a extra 20 mins to the journey time on a good day and that doesn't include serving Caunsall which would take another 10-15 mins to do and get back to Cookley. All together the extra journey time would be getting on for 30-40 mins with traffic and loading time. This in turn would mean the 7/192 which currently interworks would have to have a extra bus in the allocation and that means a extra bus and driver which Diamond Kidderminster depot just doesn't have. They can barely cover the services they have got it stretched to say the least at the moment.

Reece 
when  I have seen the 7s they have more passengers   than  the number you say on ,
diamond 8\10/125/292

RS

Quote from: Cedric on April 01, 2016, 07:56:05 PM

Reece 
when  I have seen the 7s they have more passengers   than  the number you say on ,
ive seen one with full load
London Euston

Cedric

Quote from: RS on April 01, 2016, 07:57:26 PM
ive seen one with full load
which a 9/9a  or  a 7   as a full load on the 9 /9a is only a small poration  of a full load on the 7.  RS  do you live in the wyre forest area 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Cedric on April 01, 2016, 08:04:08 PM
which a 9/9a  or  a 7   as a full load on the 9 /9a is only a small poration  of a full load on the 7.  RS  do you live in the wyre forest area
I have never seen a 7 with a full load for example the last 7 of day yesterday only had 2 passengers the most I have ever seen on the 7 since it was taken over by Diamond is about 15-17 people and that was on a nice sunny day in the summer.

RS

Quote from: Cedric on April 01, 2016, 08:04:08 PM
No but n KD every Fridayy
London Euston

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk