News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

Quote from: karl724223 on February 24, 2021, 08:09:06 PM
H3301-H3305?
Apart from looks, the new Hydrogen Streetdecks have hardly anything in common with 3301-3305 !

DJ

I'm told the Hydrogen Streetdecks will be body numbers AT276-AT295, according to a friend who has contacts at Wright.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

BK63 YWP

Having been to Cornwall this week, I noticed that first kernows Enviro 400 MMCs had tables on the upper decker.

Would NX have tables on new buses or is it not suitable for city services?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

karl724223

Quote from: BK63 YWP on May 09, 2021, 03:45:50 PM
Having been to Cornwall this week, I noticed that first kernows Enviro 400 MMCs had tables on the upper decker.

tables mean less seated passengers so I doubt it

Tony

Quote from: karl724223 on May 09, 2021, 03:52:43 PM
tables mean less seated passengers so I doubt it

Blackpool tried tables in an urban environment and had nothing but trouble with vandalism with them

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on May 09, 2021, 04:04:58 PM
Blackpool tried tables in an urban environment and had nothing but trouble with vandalism with them
I thought that as well, my problem with tables on buses is the bigger chance of travelling backwards

Stu

Quote from: BK63 YWP on May 09, 2021, 03:45:50 PM

I can't see the need to be honest.

Certainly not on most routes that NX operate, which people may only be travelling short distances on.

They may be more useful on longer interurban services though, on which people may be travelling for longer, which is presumably why First Kernow specify them.

I've seen enough graffitti and knife-etchings on the backs of seats to know what would happen if there were tables on NX buses!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

markcf83

Didn't their newish double deckers have phone charging points on them removed as well?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Quote from: markcf83 on May 10, 2021, 10:01:33 AM
Didn't their newish double deckers have phone charging points on them removed as well?

Yes

JoNi

Stagecoachs Enviros used on X2 from Liverpool to Preston carry local passengers and school children but there is no damage to tables.

East Coast Buses 29xx Geminis have tables and I've even seen school children sitting at tables chatting. These are some of nicest buses to travel on in the UK allowing taller passengers to enjoy the additional legroom at tables. A recent trip on picturesque route 124 from Edinburgh to North Berwick was even better by getting a table seat!

Solo1

Are west brom due any electric buses soon as heard drivers
talking about them

DJ

Quote from: Solo1 on May 18, 2021, 03:23:35 PM
talking about them

There's one visiting every garage so they could just be referring to that.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

BK63 YWP

talking about them

Surely you been using this forum for long enough to listen to rumours from drivers... Only vehicles confirmed this year so far are the 20 hydrogen streetdecks
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BN

Next batch of new coaches for WA have now been diverted to Edwards.

BBS

talking about them
I think WB and AG should get the next EV batches so that they can withdrawn some g1s and Alx400s
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk