News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb1973

The blue seems to be wearing reasonably well on 4763-76 (4836 has also been done, but that was fairly recently) and they were mostly painted in 2015. So, don't think its paint quality issue etc. From a distance the two tone blue is fairly indistinguishable, but close up and when fresh, it looks quite striking - of-course we've only had a double deck version. I suspect it hasn't impressed as the red crimson has elsewhere, maybe its a bit low key and something a little more daring is required.

CL

This is purely a curious thought that crossed my mind; I already have an idea as to what the answer would be, but here goes:

Would be ever see a normal spec Voith E400MMC, with alloy wheels (& start/stop technology), I wonder? ???
Of course, only operating at garages already operating Voiths (BC/PB/WN)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack

Quote from: CL on August 29, 2017, 12:27:18 AM
This is purely a curious thought that crossed my mind; I already have an idea as to what the answer would be, but here goes:

Would be ever see a normal spec Voith E400MMC, with alloy wheels (& start/stop technology), I wonder? ???
Of course, only operating at garages already operating Voiths (BC/PB/WN)
I've wanted that to happen! Upgrade the 65/67 with them or the 51. Would love Crimson generic Voith E400 MMC's. The Voith in the E400 MMCs is way better than the ZF variants.

CL

Quote from: Jack on August 29, 2017, 12:31:47 AM
I've wanted that to happen! Upgrade the 65/67 with them or the 51. Would love Crimson generic Voith E400 MMC's. The Voith in the E400 MMCs is way better than the ZF variants.
Unfortunately, if it were to happen, the likelihood of the 51 being upgraded to Voith MMCs would be very slim. It wouldn't "stick" with NXs rule of having their garages operating only one type of MMC, (either ZF or Voith). I, myself, wouldn't mind seeing them at Birmingham Central. Would be nice if the 63 had the same vehicle type as the X61, albeit with WiFi or USBs; not that they've become a necessity. I wonder if any Coventry routes could be contenders for new vehicles? ???

Thank God this is all hogwash. Though, speaking of Coventry... Haha
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack

Quote from: CL on August 29, 2017, 12:31:32 PM
Unfortunately, if it were to happen, the likelihood of the 51 being upgraded to Voith MMCs would be very slim. It wouldn't "stick" with NXs rule of having their garages operating only one type of MMC, (either ZF or Voith). I, myself, wouldn't mind seeing them at Birmingham Central. Would be nice if the 63 had the same vehicle type as the X61, albeit with WiFi or USBs; not that they've become a necessity. I wonder if any Coventry routes could be contenders for new vehicles? ???

Thank God this is all hogwash. Though, speaking of Coventry... Haha
If they were to be put on the 63 then I would keep them just generic like the 9 and 50. The 65/67 desperately want an upgrade though. There allocation consists of the majority of ALX400's albeit unrefurbed.

lauren1993

It would be unlikely to be the same spec as the 9/50 as USB charging points, wifi and high back seating now come standard with any Euro 6 ADL product since last year.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Stevo

Quote from: karl724223 on June 30, 2017, 03:10:22 PM
New orders for 2017 might be announced in the near future according to this weeks company email briefing
We're still waiting...

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 29, 2017, 07:03:21 PM
From what I understand, the order has been placed.
was announced in company email couple of weeks ago due end of year

Mike K

Quote from: lauren1993 on August 29, 2017, 06:50:46 PM
It would be unlikely to be the same spec as the 9/50 as USB charging points, wifi and high back seating now come standard with any ADL bus since last year.

Is this correct? None of the London ones come with any of the above to my knowledge. I thought that new buses came with whatever the operator specified. Outside of London the likes of Arriva, Stagecoach and First do seem to be specifying these things on most new buses, but I didn't think any of them came as 'standard'?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Mike K on August 29, 2017, 07:40:31 PM
Is this correct? None of the London ones come with any of the above to my knowledge. I thought that new buses came with whatever the operator specified. Outside of London the likes of Arriva, Stagecoach and First do seem to be specifying these things on most new buses, but I didn't think any of them came as 'standard'?

Nx version of platinum is basic compared to some of the e400 mmc I've seen.

Dylanbusboy45

I would say this definitely isn't true. ADL are/were still producing old shape E200s, most/all of which are dealer stock etc which are to about the lowest spec you can get. The only London buses with chargers are the BYD Enviro 200s on the Red Arrow 507/521 and the newly refurbished Volvo B9TLs for the X26. I'm pretty sure if NX ordered some Crimson E400MMC without chargers or higher backed seats that's exactly what they would get as that is what they would have specified

Stuharris 6360

As far as I am aware, Blackpool Transport have removed the USB charging points from there Palladium buses due to abuse and vandalism.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 30, 2017, 08:04:37 PM
As far as I am aware, Blackpool Transport have removed the USB charging points from there Palladium buses due to abuse and vandalism.

Yes they have. I think one of the problems was drinks being tipped down the chargers on the tables

don

Quote from: karl724223 on August 29, 2017, 07:15:49 PM
was announced in company email couple of weeks ago due end of year

Blimey - any detail given or just 'new buses on order for late 2017'? Or is the entire workforce sworn to secrecy?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk