News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2015, 08:40:22 AM
I still cannot see any problem, every seat on the bus is extremely well lit and has a perfect view out of the window, which is more than can be said for some seats on Virgin Pendolinos!
Agree with you totally Tony regarding Pendolinos. On the issue of the branding style, for arguments sake, can we just call it a draw! No doubt over time NX will get/seek feedback from passengers and we'll see whether it is an issue. If it is no doubt NX will look at addressing it.

The more I see the new Crimson livery on the enviro 400 mmc the classier it looks it's taken a while I,ve grown to really like it. Coventry and Dundee,s version of this new livery should be interesting, I still think a blue of some sort would have worked to greater effect. Roll on may platinum should look amazing.

BU07 LGO

I think the biggest step back has been the new interior design, the grey plastics and fabrics make the interior look gloomy and uninviting when compared to the older buses with the blue plastics

Stevo

While the covered rear window doesn't make the rear of the lower saloon appreciably darker it does prevent you looking back to see what's coming up. While this is most annoying to the likes of us, it is of concern to people changing buses. I believe TfL requires a rear view so that passengers can choose the stop where they change routes if their next bus is behind.

Ronnoc

The rear window is a little darker but the rest of the windows are lighter.

JoNi

If you're that worried looking out of a window on a Pendalino travel First Class, and before you say that would cost the earth go on a Saturday or Sunday with a weekend upgrade!
One of the reasons you need to look out of the window of an NX bus is because there is no audio or visual next stop information which of course a Pendalino does have!

Stevo

Better still go by Chiltern in a Mk3 - best trains on the network.

Roy

There's a photo of the first National Express Enviro 200MMC in build at Scarborough on page 7 of this week's Coach & Bus Week (dated April 14th).

Ally

Quote from: JoNi on April 16, 2015, 04:20:02 PM
If you're that worried looking out of a window on a Pendalino travel First Class, and before you say that would cost the earth go on a Saturday or Sunday with a weekend upgrade!
One of the reasons you need to look out of the window of an NX bus is because there is no audio or visual next stop information which of course a Pendalino does have!

On that note, I sampled some of Coventry's new E200s today and they have speakers fitted to the interior, a sign of things to come?...
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

All the crap ADL enviro 200,s delivered to west brom last,year have roof mounted speakers still waiting to see what they gona do with them.

CL

Quote from: Winston on April 16, 2015, 01:20:42 AM
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/new-red-brummie-buses-your-9048322

Ugh. Three shots not even the Trident E400 interiors! ::) I mean, yeah, B7 ALXs ran the service, but I don't recall Presidents at all. (5 of 15) - then again, the media often use "outdated" images.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

wembley86

Quote from: clayderman on April 17, 2015, 01:01:08 AM
Ugh. Three shots not even the Trident E400 interiors! ::) I mean, yeah, B7 ALXs ran the service, but I don't recall Presidents at all. (5 of 15) - then again, the media often use "outdated" images.
who ever wrote article got it wrong saying 50 is only 24hr service.  what about the 97 and soon the 74.

CL

Quote from: wembley86 on April 17, 2015, 06:14:39 AM
who ever wrote article got it wrong saying 50 is only 24hr service.  what about the 97 and soon the 74.

That's media for you... Lol!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Mike K

Quote from: clayderman on April 17, 2015, 01:01:08 AM

Presidents 4023-4034 were commonplace on the 50 at the time of the route branded Spectras, when the service was run by BC.

And 4108/4109.

tphi12000

6133 noted on delivery on the M6 near Bescot at 10.30.
Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk