News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Quote from: Winston on April 07, 2015, 10:36:36 PM
Going forward NXWM will the option of selling vehicles on the used market, Presidents & Tridents especially will be suitable for schools / contract work & should be of more interest to prospective buyers over ex London dual door stuff

No due to them being used against them. Unless they were sold to companies away from the west mids ie Cornwall or Western Scotland or even Wales.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 07, 2015, 10:41:10 PM
All this defensiveness for NXWM, let's face it they had it all handed to them on a plate a bit like BT and for years have under invested and only now starting to catch up.
It's not easy keeping up with investment if you don't have the money at the time. That was why NX left London.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 07, 2015, 10:41:10 PM
All this defensiveness for NXWM, let's face it they had it all handed to them on a plate a bit like BT and for years have under invested and only now starting to catch up.

I don't think statement is fair, there was a drought on new fleet investment during 2005/6 when the majority of all the NX Group bus order went on growing Travel London, then there was another drought 2009/10 when NX Group nearly collapsed under massive debt & nearly got taken over. Prior to 2005, investment levels were pretty good & 2011 onwards it is growing further. Once the remaining Mercs, B6LE, B10L, Spectra's are all gone & the new bus reduce the number of Presidents that fleet will be pretty modern.

Quote from: tank90 on April 07, 2015, 10:44:55 PM
No due to them being used against them. Unless they were sold to companies away from the west mids ie Cornwall or Western Scotland or even Wales.

I doubt think there so bothered who they sell the used stuff to these days, not like in the days of buying up a load on MRW Nationals & storing them in Selly Oak to take them off the used market for competing operators to buy  ;)

tank90

Quote from: Winston on April 07, 2015, 10:48:19 PM
I don't think statement is fair, there was a drought on new fleet investment during 2005/6 when the majority of all the NX Group bus order went on growing Travel London, then there was another drought 2009/10 when NX Group nearly collapsed under massive debt & nearly got taken over. Prior to 2005, investment levels were pretty good & 2011 onwards it is growing further. Onc e the remaining Mercs, B6LE, B10L, Spectra's are all gone & the new bus reduce the number of Presidents that fleet will be pretty modern.

I doubt think there so bothered who they sell the used stuff to these days, not like in the days of buying up a load on MRW Nationals & storing them in Selly Oak to take them off the used market for competing operators to buy  ;)
Ok but why is there still a load of buses at Miller Street sitting unused or have they now started to leave to be recycled?
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on April 08, 2015, 01:51:53 AM
Ok but why is there still a load of buses at Miller Street sitting unused or have they now started to leave to be recycled?

A load have recently left for PVS to be scrapped, and more appear to be marked up at Pensnett reserve yard ready to go to PVS. They are basically just sat there depreciating until they can be sold for scrap. B6LE's aren't very popular, B10L's & Merc 0405N's are pretty unique in the UK, with TWM only placing fleet orders for both types in the UK. They did try selling various types through Volant in the past unsuccessfully & B6LE's at Lea Hall Auction again unsuccessfully

Bryan

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 07, 2015, 09:55:56 PM
To me a route like the 900, (which services Birmingham Airport), should have the best buses possible. It will possibly be some visitors first sight of a Birmingham bus, do you really want them to be given a bad impression!!

I remember back in 1990, before I moved down here, travelling on the 900 from the NEC into Birmingham and later back again. Both trips were on an MCW Metrobus (D914 NDA - 2914) with coach type seats and it did create a good impression.

Chris2301

Purely speculation, if AG gets e200 mmc. I think the b7s already there 15 i counted could possible see off the majority of mercs at pensnett (22 in service if i counted correctly) whilst the omnilinks could see off the 56 plate b7s in walsall to dundee?

winston

Quote from: Chris2301 on April 08, 2015, 01:40:45 PM
Purely speculation, if AG gets e200 mmc. I think the b7s already there 15 i counted could possible see off the majority of mercs at pensnett (22 in service if i counted correctly) whilst the omnilinks could see off the 56 plate b7s in walsall to dundee?

I agree with 22 Mercs at PE, however I just recently seen that 1637/1665 are also parked up facing the fence with the other withdrawals, so the number may now be down to 20

winston

tank90

It's a shame the Birmingham Mail don't research more before clicking send. The 50 isn't the only 24hr service in Birmingham I do believe the 97 is as well. It's the type of thing I'd expect from Metro or the local rags from the Clyde not one of the Second Cities leading papers.

As I have said about the 97 maybe the ex 900 e400s or even some new swish ones need to appear on there next year maybe lol.

Dan

RW

Several people I've spoken to like the new livery but moan about the dark rear area of the vehicles caused by the rear windows effectively being blanked out by the vinyl branding etc. They like the interiors to be bright and light with a clear view out of the vehicle. Might be something NX has to reconsider at some point in time. Must be some way of branding that does not cover glazed areas of the vehicles.

Bryan

Quote from: RW on April 16, 2015, 07:38:31 AM
Several people I've spoken to like the new livery but moan about the dark rear area of the vehicles caused by the rear windows effectively being blanked out by the vinyl branding etc. They like the interiors to be bright and light with a clear view out of the vehicle. Might be something NX has to reconsider at some point in time. Must be some way of branding that does not cover glazed areas of the vehicles.

I would agree, vehicles should be light and bright inside. All windows on a vehicle should be clear of vinyls or contravision.  It's quite unbelievable that bus companies, whose passengers are paying to travel on the vehicles, still carry on restricting the light and views etc.

Tony

Quote from: RW on April 16, 2015, 07:38:31 AM

I presume you haven't travelled on one of these as one thing the back cannot be described as is 'dark'

The only window covered, and it is not covered on the 50 branded buses, is the one looking out the rear of the vehicle and how many people actually  kneel up on the back seat looking out of that window?

The view from every single seat in the bus is completely unhindered unless you are 8 foot tall and the front window stickers are in your eye line

RW

People have their different views Tony. Have a look at the Mails photo gallery and the 2 shots of the rear top deck of the buses, that is a new vehicle and a non branded 'old' bus 'where the cool kids used to sit'. No difference?

Tony

Quote from: RW on April 16, 2015, 08:29:40 AM
People have their different views Tony. Have a look at the Mails photo gallery and the 2 shots of the rear top deck of the buses, that is a new vehicle and a non branded 'old' bus 'where the cool kids used to sit'. No difference?

I still cannot see any problem, every seat on the bus is extremely well lit and has a perfect view out of the window, which is more than can be said for some seats on Virgin Pendolinos!

Bryan

Quote from: Tony on April 16, 2015, 08:09:00 AM
I presume you haven't travelled on one of these as one thing the back cannot be described as is 'dark'

The only window covered, and it is not covered on the 50 branded buses, is the one looking out the rear of the vehicle and how many people actually  kneel up on the back seat looking out of that window?.................

I have yet to travel on one, but I've been on similar vehicles with the back window obscured. and it is not inviting for a passenger going towards the rear of the vehicle.

I'm not alone in thinking this, a comment and photograph in the 17 March edition of Coach and Bus Week on one of the NXWM vehicles confirms this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk