News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnoc

Somebody on Facebook has been going on about that AG will get Enviro 200 MMC's for the 37 which are to come by Summer. To be honest I think that is just a lie because Tony would've probably told us and there would probably be some news about it.

BU07 LGO

I'm losing interest in the new acquisitions, for me the last good buses were the euro 4 enviros.

Liberator9

@Liverpool Street

Basically rumour has it that AG might get 50 Enviro 200 MMCs, replacing the entire fleet of Wright Eclipse IIs there and Scania Omnilinks. The Scanias would likely go to WA, replacing the B10s there and some of the Wright Eclipse Is, which would likely go to Dundee. The Eclipse IIs would probably go to PE, allowing the withdrawal of the last Mercs there, although of course they could go to Coventry, to replace Mercs there.

Hope that makes it clear - all rumour at the moment  ;)

AG would have enough Geminis for the 11 probably if the WB examples moved there. The extra amount will allow the Geminis to work the 11, 31 and 5, which would need 59 Geminis - the 5 needs 8, the 31 needs 7, and the 11 I think is 44. AG currently has 49 Geminis, although that doesn't include the likes of 4516, 4514, 4523 that are moving to AG. If AG can get around 60+ Geminis it will allow the 11, 31 and 5 to Gemini operated. The 5 needs the Geminis for a bridge on the route, which Plaxtons have an issue with I believe.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Liberator9 on April 06, 2015, 09:42:50 PM
@Liverpool Street

Basically rumour has it that AG might get 50 Enviro 200 MMCs, replacing the entire fleet of Wright Eclipse IIs there and Scania Omnilinks. The Scanias would likely go to WA, replacing the B10s there and some of the Wright Eclipse Is, which would likely go to Dundee. The Eclipse IIs would probably go to PE, allowing the withdrawal of the last Mercs there, although of course they could go to Coventry, to replace Mercs there.

Hope that makes it clear - all rumour at the moment  ;)

AG would have enough Geminis for the 11 probably if the WB examples moved there. The extra amount will allow the Geminis to work the 11, 31 and 5, which would need 59 Geminis - the 5 needs 8, the 31 needs 7, and the 11 I think is 44. AG currently has 49 Geminis, although that doesn't include the likes of 4516, 4514, 4523 that are moving to AG. If AG can get around 60+ Geminis it will allow the 11, 31 and 5 to Gemini operated. The 5 needs the Geminis for a bridge on the route, which Plaxtons have an issue with I believe.

That's all fine and dandy but correct me if I'm wrong, AG has the largest allocation of Plaxton's so where will they go ?! I'm surmising some would stay as they may be needed for the 73
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: BusFan on April 06, 2015, 09:48:25 PM
That's all fine and dandy but correct me if I'm wrong, AG has the largest allocation of Plaxton's so where will they go ?! I'm surmising some would stay as they may be needed for the 73

Remember, after the Spectras, the Plaxtons will be the next deckers that will need to be withdrawn. Some will maybe stay at AG for the 73, but the majority i say will be withdrawn, unless?!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Tbh the numbers add up:

22 Enviro 400 MMC's for PE
26 Enviro 400 MMC's for YW
58 Platinum Spec Enviro 400 MMC's split between WA and BC
15 Enviro 200 Single Deckers split between PE (7), CV (5), and WN (3)

That's makes 121 buses

If there were 50 E200 MMC's for AG then that makes 171 buses.

Whether all 50 are for AG, I'm not sure.

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 06, 2015, 09:55:57 PM
Remember, after the Spectras, the Plaxtons will be the next deckers that will need to be withdrawn. Some will maybe stay at AG for the 73, but the majority i say will be withdrawn, unless?!

PE for the 246 maybe? Tony did say "You may be surprised"

Seen here:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=1937.msg136274#msg136274

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on April 06, 2015, 09:57:39 PM

PE for the 246 maybe?

possible, the thought did cross my mind, however with the limited time till they are withdrawn, the type never been used at PE before, and the fact that the 9 is going to become more reliant on Tridents, i dismissed the idea.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liberator9

Well NX will be trying to cut down the Plaxton fleet no doubt, considering they are getting older now and thus not as efficient as the newer vehicles. Presidents will likely stay in the short term on the 73 and 1 probably until there are more double decks to replace them.

GeminiFan1991

I personally think the new Enviro 200MMC should go to Pensnett or Coventry as to replace the mercs there as opposed to Acocks Green where they'll replace B7RLE's which are fairly new and may be some Presidents should transfer to Wolverhampton to faze out their Spectras ?!

I'll have to make my way down their 1 day to grab a shot before they go !

domino.99

Is it even confirmed that NX will be having E200MMC's this year?

Tara4352

Quote from: BusFan on April 06, 2015, 10:45:02 PM
I personally think the new Enviro 200MMC should go to Pensnett or Coventry as to replace the mercs there as opposed to Acocks Green where they'll replace B7RLE's which are fairly new and may be some Presidents should transfer to Wolverhampton to faze out their Spectras ?!

SPECTRAS ARE THE SAME AS PRESIDENTS ARNT THEY

winston

Quote from: BusFan on April 06, 2015, 08:33:53 PM
As a frequent traveler of the 97 bus, I'm in two minds about seeing it upgraded. I still remember going to secondary school catching the 97 (And the 96, Good Ol Days), They had Tridents then and it's still the same fast forward me nearly finishing off uni. You'd think 1 of BC's most frequent bus routes deserves this much and I reckon it deserves an upgrade onto the MMC or at the very least Enviro 400s. Tridents has always struck me as reliable buses seeing as they're so abundant within the fleet.

I can't be the only person who thinks the 11A/C requires new buses and some good branding ?! You'd think NXWM's longest route and probably best known deserves something better than some old unreliable Plaxton's (Which I weirdly like). I was quite the fan when they had the Geminis branded for the route and the branding consisted of the driver side depicting a large circle with the areas around it.

Yes seem to have forgotten that the 97 has had a brand new fleet during the period you quote i.e. 57 plate Scania Omnilinks from Lea Hall (1788-1820) for circa 2.5 years, it only reverted to the Tridents on the route transferring to BC due to the closure of LH.

The Outer Circle will be low priority for new buses until after all high frequency B'ham City Centre services are SQPS compliant i.e. min Euro 4

Quote from: Rhys S on April 06, 2015, 10:48:02 PM

Nothing at all alike

Trident 4609

Quote from: BusFan on April 06, 2015, 10:45:02 PM

Spectra replacements appear to be Tridents from WA (I'd imagine the rest of WA's Tridents will move to WN when all the recent moves happen plus when WA get their Platinums)

Quote from: NXDom on April 06, 2015, 10:47:08 PM
Is it even confirmed that NX will be having E200MMC's this year?

Judging by a comment made by Tony that the new E200MMC's will have 'Crimson' livery I think that confirms it

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=3636.msg139093#msg139093

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Rhys S on April 06, 2015, 10:48:02 PM

No Rhys, the Spectras were manufactured by Optare whilst the Presidents were a Plaxton product.

GeminiFan1991

Something just occurred to me. Isn't the Enviro 200 the shorter "midi" bus and the Enviro 300 the longer single decker bus ?! Have they made these Enviro 200 MMC models longer otherwise, replacing full length B7RLE or OmniLinks with a "midi" bus seems illogical.

@BusFan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk