News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Gareth on March 12, 2015, 08:17:16 PM
I had my first ride on one today 6102. Externally they are really impressive. I sat upstairs. Smooth ride, no rattles. I did seem internally not much different from older E400s, but the refreshed design of seats, extra leg room wee welcome additions. The new staircase was not as steep as I imagined it to be. A shame the bus was strewn with litter and cans rolling around the floors, but unfortunately that's part of modern public transport use. I also noticed that 6103 has it's Barcleycard spelling mistake corrected.
The temperature seemed perfect, but the fans were slightly on the noisy side. But apart from that I was was very impressed.

Pity the cleaners on Colmore Row couldn't be employed to give the buses a quick clean.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 12, 2015, 08:21:36 PM
I had my first ride on one today 6102. Externally they are really impressive. I sat upstairs. Smooth ride, no rattles. I did seem internally not much different from older E400s, but the refreshed design of seats, extra leg room wee welcome additions. The new staircase was not as steep as I imagined it to be. A shame the bus was strewn with litter and cans rolling around the floors, but unfortunately that's part of modern public transport use. I also noticed that 6103 has it's Barcleycard spelling mistake corrected.
The temperature seemed perfect, but the fans were slightly on the noisy side. But apart from that I was was very impressed.

Pity the cleaners on Colmore Row couldn't be employed to give the buses a quick clean.

Shouldn't need cleaners....The twits who leave the rubbish should take it with them!!!!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Sh4318

Quote from: 4006 on March 13, 2015, 12:34:54 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 12, 2015, 08:21:36 PM

Shouldn't need cleaners....The twits who leave the rubbish should take it with them!!!!!

In an ideal world, yes
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

JoNi

A rush bin on the bus and notice asking customers to use it!

Bryan

Quote from: JoNi on March 13, 2015, 01:46:06 PM

People will still just drop the rubbish on the floor or seat, rather than holding onto it for a few minutes and putting it in the bin. I would be rich if I had a pound for every time I've seen someone drop rubbish when in sight of a bin.

CL

6109 in service today. Currently on it, 6101 vs. 6109 - 6109 overtook 6101, which was in front. Yes, the bell sound is nice. Though, it does have an abnormal odour - something which wasn't a problem on 6101, when I rode it...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

JoNi

Rubbish problem sounds like a need for bins that are more visible in colour and better communication.  I was on a bus recently where the orange "Used Ticket" box had "Litter Bin" on it. Mind you I was in Pool Meadow recently when something arrived on the ground behind me from a birds sitting high up behind me. Obviously I couldn't communicate to him but a well positioned spike would cure that problem!

domino.99

Quote from: clayderman on March 13, 2015, 03:00:42 PM
6109 in service today. Currently on it, 6101 vs. 6109 - 6109 overtook 6101, which was in front. Yes, the bell sound is nice. Though, it does have an abnormal odour - something which wasn't a problem on 6101, when I rode it...

I don't see why it rings twice. You press the bell and hear a faint ding ding and then a second later hear a louder ding ding

Sh4318

Quote from: Bryan on March 13, 2015, 02:53:25 PM
Quote from: JoNi on March 13, 2015, 01:46:06 PM

People will still just drop the rubbish on the floor or seat, rather than holding onto it for a few minutes and putting it in the bin. I would be rich if I had a pound for every time I've seen someone drop rubbish when in sight of a bin.

Exactly. The state of the class 323s when on the Wolverhampton - Birmingham stopper emphasises this point
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: NXDom on March 13, 2015, 04:27:02 PM
I don't see why it rings twice. You press the bell and hear a faint ding ding and then a second later hear a louder ding ding

That caught my attention too, why on earth does it 'ding' twice*? - carte blanche for a real driver to go sailing past your stop!

* 'Real' Buses & crews use a code of one 'ding' to stop, two 'dings' to go/carry on  ;)

Ronnoc

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on March 13, 2015, 07:51:56 PM

That caught my attention too, why on earth does it 'ding' twice*? - carte blanche for a real driver to go sailing past your stop!

* 'Real' Buses & crews use a code of one 'ding' to stop, two 'dings' to go/carry on  ;)
The faint one is most likely the sound that warns the driver that somebody wants to get off, I've experienced some drivers who have went passed a stop somebody wanted to get off at.

Tony

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on March 13, 2015, 07:51:56 PM

Not quite, two was to pull away (Go), three was don't bother picking them up(Carry on)!

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

don

Quote from: Tony on March 13, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

Not quite, two was to pull away (Go), three was don't bother picking

Hence the term three bell load - I.e the bus is full.

Talking of dings I went on one of Arriva's posh 13 reg hybrid B5/Wrights yesterday - whilst lurching down the upper deck fast approaching my stop I pressed a bell and nothing happened - a bit harder still nothing - I then twigged it didn't work and went to the next bell push which did - and I got off in time!!! I was perhaps a bit phased by the upper deck being full of school and college girls - the three uniformed trainee hairdressers on the back seat behind me having a continuous debate about how and when they considered it appropriate to have s*x ........  Extraordinary!!! Anyway I also noticed that the Wright bodywork doesn't creak or rattle - and the stanchions have a much beefier connection to the roof than the hopeless press fit things on an E200 - so bell push and clientele excepted, the Wright body seems much more robust than the Enviro (haven't been on a monopolies and mergers commission (MMC) one yet though)!!!

Could that be why they seem to pass through repaint and retrim so quickly compared with Trident/Alexander's - more robust and thus take less fixing?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on March 13, 2015, 08:25:57 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 13, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

Not quite, two was to pull away (Go), three was don't bother picking

Could that be why they seem to pass through repaint and retrim so quickly compared with Trident/Alexander's - more robust and thus take less fixing?

Wright's Panels basically just click off and take a loss less time to replace damaged ones than those on Alexander/Alexander Dennis products

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk