News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on November 02, 2015, 11:59:43 AM
I don't know what part of that is funny. Especially if a driver got hit by an egg while driving and got some in his eye, over his face and clothes. Not to mention the inconvenience to passengers as the bus would have to park up.
I would have thought as a fellow driver, the last thing you would think of this is 'quite funny'.

Not to mention the degrading feeling of which the driver goes through.. Explaining it to the passengers, radioing the garage, the stink of the egg, the poisoning of the foodstuff if any was, possibly, to go in your mouth. Also not forgetting eggs cause skin trouble if you don't wash it off asap
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

MW

4051 - This one is a beast. Only driven it a couple times before, and had it recently. Gets to 30 pretty quick. Out did some Pershore Road Enviros, although I was late and getting a move on. The steering wheel felt alright, might have been the fact that its worn a bit, and I find steering wheels that a worn in a bit to be easy to maneuverer, rather than the fresh ones. Brakes are also pretty good on it. The power delivery is smooth, unlike 4023 which sometimes revs high, then judders into the next gear. The cab felt very small as usual, after having my first portion in a Gemini. A lot of drivers prefer the Plaxtons to anything else here. (I say anything else, but there's not much choice is there!) All in all though, one of the best Plaxtons here.

4510 - This ones a bit crap to be honest. It revs to the higher 2300ish RPM like most the others, but feels like theres something straining it, and thus lacking power.

4511 - This one is pretty smooth. Doesn't rev as high as 4510 (doesn't have click on bottom of pedal), but it feels more powerful and quicker.

One thing that p*sses me off when I've got a 45** is the damn heating controls. Some of them are hard to adjust. The 46**s are so much better designed.

RS

Quote from: MW on November 08, 2015, 12:54:15 AM
4051 - This one is a beast. Only driven it a couple times before, and had it recently. Gets to 30 pretty quick. Out did some Pershore Road Enviros, although I was late and getting a move on. The steering wheel felt alright, might have been the fact that its worn a bit, and I find steering wheels that a worn in a bit to be easy to maneuverer, rather than the fresh ones. Brakes are also pretty good on it. The power delivery is smooth, unlike 4023 which sometimes revs high, then judders into the next gear. The cab felt very small as usual, after having my first portion in a Gemini. A lot of drivers prefer the Plaxtons to anything else here. (I say anything else, but there's not much choice is there!) All in all though, one of the best Plaxtons here.

4510 - This ones a bit crap to be honest. It revs to the higher 2300ish RPM like most the others, but feels like theres something straining it, and thus lacking power.

4511 - This one is pretty smooth. Doesn't rev as high as 4510 (doesn't have click on bottom of pedal), but it feels more powerful and quicker.

One thing that p*sses me off when I've got a 45** is the damn heating controls. Some of them are hard to adjust. The 46**s are so much better designed.
Is 4061 any good
London Euston

MW

BU07 LGO

Quote from: MW on November 08, 2015, 12:54:15 AM

Ours are that worn its pot luck and I usually just turn the knobs until I get it how I want!

B.C Driver

Quote from: BU07 LGO on November 08, 2015, 10:26:21 AM
Ours are that worn its pot luck and I usually just turn the knobs until I get it how I want!

Oooooh matron no!
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

4053 plaxton president b7tl second refurb grey moquette, bus still very presentable

Lovely bus to drive IMO effortless good power delivery and gear changes, suspension very good to,
Bad points  the redicously large steering wheel , idling not good vibrations/ rumbling from engine compartment

It's a better bus than 4705 I had earlier with its rattling saloon doors

It's a Saturday evening it's wet windy and dark I,m sheltering in draughty bus shelter in west brom thinking I so don't want to be here when 813 pulls in on the 129 service, oh my god what's this piece of crap  doing on here begrudgingly I take over. I,m hating this the door pedal is the wrong place , the wayfarer is to far away for comfort, leaving west brom now what complete utter crap this vehicle is,front axle feels detached , Rev counter bobbing up and down with no sense of power from the washing machine motor outback. I didn't like the balance of brakes either not the best. Plenty of rattles to, there's no charm or character to these you can't say that about a merc where you love or loath them. As far as I am concerned these so called buses are scrap.
At least I got some funny remarks off joe public, where have you left the top deck behind drive etc etc.

813 a bigg phatt zero on all counts

Sh4318

Quote from: 2900 on November 16, 2015, 12:01:47 PM
It's a Saturday evening it's wet windy and dark I,m sheltering in draughty bus shelter in west brom thinking I so don't want to be here when 813 pulls in on the 129 service, oh my god what's this piece of crap  doing on here begrudgingly I take over. I,m hating this the door pedal is the wrong place , the wayfarer is to far away for comfort, leaving west brom now what complete utter crap this vehicle is,front axle feels detached , Rev counter bobbing up and down with no sense of power from the washing machine motor outback. I didn't like the balance of brakes either not the best. Plenty of rattles to, there's no charm or character to these you can't say that about a merc where you love or loath them. As far as I am concerned these so called buses are scrap.
At least I got some funny remarks off joe public, where have you left the top deck behind drive etc etc.

813 a bigg phatt zero on all counts

You do make me laugh @2900. Have you been able to drive a Scania yet?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Sh4318 I haven't driven a Scania yet I,ve seen them dotted about on most of west broms routes they stick out like sore thumb on the 87s

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on November 16, 2015, 12:31:02 PM
Sh4318 I haven't driven a Scania yet I,ve seen them dotted about on most of west broms routes they stick out like sore thumb on the 87s

Now 8 of them are required for the 48 they should very rarely appear in strange places. There aren't actually enough there for the three routes they should be on (45/48/49)

I did hear a rumour that the 48 service is to single deck operated , I suppose in a way it's an upgrade probably feel more like it after refurb.

Liberator9

@2900

It will be good to see them get into Crimson as well; they look good in the new livery. That E200 sounded useless - the MMC versions are excellent in comparison. Don't rattle any where near as much and have a good turn of speed on them.

Tony

Quote from: 2900 on November 16, 2015, 12:46:01 PM
I did hear a rumour that the 48 service is to single deck operated , I suppose in a way it's an upgrade probably feel more like it after refurb.

48 'must' be single decks because of low trees

Kevin

Quote from: 2900 on November 16, 2015, 12:46:01 PM

Upgrade?
From 4 double decker buses per hour (between the 48 and 129) to 3 singles?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk