News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4752 ADL ENVIRO 400 MK1

A real smooth operator this one is, excellent cruiser ,minimum of rattling, very enjoyable to drive nice and chilled. It's not as fast as  4745 but doesn't need to be it would be boring if they were all that powerful I guess you wouldn't notice either cause it would be the norm.

Engine excellent
Gearbox excellent
Retarder excellent
Brakes excellent
Suspension good
Body pretty solid from cab can't say about else where I.e upper deck

9/10 for this cruiser

MW

Just a general observation on the 47** E400s. Bloody hell they are quick! I've not been on one in years, probably around 5 years when on the 50. Came across one on the 35 recently, whilst I was on the 11C. I had a quick Gemini too. We were both late. I kept up with him just, but he was blatantly accelerating away at traffic lights by a surprising amount. @2900  and @John ? Gemini vs E400 Mk1?

BU07 LGO

Quote from: MW on October 17, 2015, 12:54:29 AM
Just a general observation on the 47** E400s. Bloody hell they are quick! I've not been on one in years, probably around 5 years when on the 50. Came across one on the 35 recently, whilst I was on the 11C. I had a quick Gemini too. We were both late. I kept up with him just, but he was blatantly accelerating away at traffic lights by a surprising amount. @2900  and @John ? Gemini vs E400 Mk1?

The mk1's absolutely fly! 4734 is a beast to drive and is at 30 as quick as the cars when pulling away from traffic lights!

Much quicker than any Gemini I've driven though I've only drove 4533,4534,4680,4682,4686

ADL mk1 enviro 400 trident2 vs Volvo B7TL

On the whole I would definitely say the batch of 4700s mk1 enviro 400s are faster buses, some are just beasts , merc like, non of the 4700 batch of b7tl,s gemni,s even come close. 4638 I think was a rapid gemni, 4500s gems are decent but can't  think of one that really went like shit off a shovel.
4271 is the fastest ALX400 Volvo B7TL I,ve come across, 4044, 4048 decent turn of speed as well .

John

Quote from: 2900 on October 17, 2015, 08:58:53 AM
ADL mk1 enviro 400 trident2 vs Volvo B7TL

On the whole I would definitely say the batch of 4700s mk1 enviro 400s are faster buses, some are just beasts , merc like, non of the 4700 batch of b7tl,s gemni,s even come close. 4638 I think was a rapid gemni, 4500s gems are decent but can't  think of one that really went like shit off a shovel.
4271 is the fastest ALX400 Volvo B7TL I,ve come across, 4044, 4048 decent turn of speed as well .

I would say MK1 Enviro400 too. The Geminis that we have are great (Most of them), but the Enviro400s seem better to drive. I find the controls on Gemini very sensitive, a small push of the accelerator or brakes and the bus judders and jerks, as in the change in speed is not very smooth I find. I have not had a Gemini for an age now, as they are rarely on the 907 anymore

4703 Wrightbus gemni b7tl

This bus has become a little unique amongst it's batch, it has recently received a new instrument pod it appears to be same spec as those fitted to the mk2 b7rle, to me a very good improvement it's very clear and informative. Throw in a new steering,seat and a very thorough clean be almost good as new wishful thinking.
Out of all the 4700 gems this is probably the best overall.

Plenty of smashed windows last nite , I had my windscreen put in by concrete jungle, a rock the size of a house brick sending shards of glass half way up the bus, brainless twats. The dozen teenagers I just picked up came down stairs telling me to keep driving your taking the piss, so I switched the engine off opened the bus doors every one legged it good riddance.
Talking to a colleague who was on the 127 had a side window put in on bleakhouse rd.

Your a professional driver yeah rite,  with recent events I can see myself parking the bus somewhere and walking away to nice long blue sky holiday. Come back to a civilised job.

Trident 4609

Quote from: 2900 on November 01, 2015, 10:47:16 AM
Plenty of smashed windows last nite , I had my windscreen put in by concrete jungle, a rock the size of a house brick sending shards of glass half way up the bus, brainless twats. The dozen teenagers I just picked up came down stairs telling me to keep driving your taking the piss, so I switched the engine off opened the bus doors every one legged it good riddance.
Talking to a colleague who was on the 127 had a side window put in on bleakhouse rd.

Your a professional driver yeah rite,  with recent events I can see myself parking the bus somewhere and walking away to nice long blue sky holiday. Come back to a civilised job.

And the 255 i was last night had something thrown at it by the 'Wall Heath massive'....

BU07 LGO

Quote from: 2900 on November 01, 2015, 10:47:16 AM

I was on the 997 last night and somebody egged me! (well the bus not me)

Liberator9

@2900

Plain idiots - could've injured you doing that sort of thing (hope you were ok after that) - can see why you'd just want to walk away on holiday! Things you have to put up with at times from some is mad by the sounds of it.

MW

We had a callout on Friday night. Was quite funny. Some kids on Bradford Street were throwing eggs at drivers with the cab window open.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: MW on November 01, 2015, 11:11:51 PM
We had a callout on Friday night. Was quite funny. Some kids on Bradford Street were throwing eggs at drivers with the cab window open.

Scum
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

B.C Driver

Quote from: MW on November 01, 2015, 11:11:51 PM

I don't know what part of that is funny. Especially if a driver got hit by an egg while driving and got some in his eye, over his face and clothes. Not to mention the inconvenience to passengers as the bus would have to park up.
I would have thought as a fellow driver, the last thing you would think of this is 'quite funny'.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

JoNi

It's idiots like this who need to be identified and their pictures published in the press together with Transport Leaders standing up for their staffs safety.

Matt.N0056

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk