News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Drivers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by 2900, July 13, 2014, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 17, 2015, 11:31:19 AM
@BU07 LGO

They are nippy actually - I actually quite like them - had two Stagecoach ones a few months ago and they really could move, and were smooth as well. The later batches built at Falkirk don't rattle too badly either and suspension is fine. Just Scarborough examples seem worse - as the delay in the delivery of the 200MMCs is proving.

One MMC has arrived for type training, it was announced today.

All that seems to be in the depot is 6148 however...

Edit: seems to be 6148 we're training on.

Two 200s to arrive tomorrow with two the next day. That should be interesting.

Liberator9

Well let's hope they're well built and any issues solved now - will be interesting what gearbox they have and how they ride.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: MW on June 17, 2015, 04:28:30 PM
One MMC has arrived for type training, it was announced today.

All that seems to be in the depot is 6148 however...

Edit: seems to be 6148 we're training on.

And returned to ADL next week  ;) ;) ;)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 17, 2015, 07:10:41 PM
And returned to ADL next week  ;) ;) ;)

Or another way to look at it is, get your last rides.photos of the soon to be scrapped stock. The end is nigh. Although I am looking forward to E200MMC's. I might even become an OmniStink fan :P

BU07 LGO

Soon as I saw this turn up for my 5 hour stint I was excited, ive only driven one other b7 alx and was grateful of the variety.

4293 was nice enough and made a welcome change from the sea of mk2 enviro's but my god was it slow up hill! On the 936 we was down to 20mph climbing barr beacon and again on the 51 up Walsall RD by the Clifton.

It was nice and smooth and nice to drive just a bit gutless!

5/10

Tony

Quote from: MW on June 17, 2015, 04:28:30 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm, unfortunately not!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on June 17, 2015, 09:57:31 PM

Surely not rejected again @Tony?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MW

Quote from: Tony on June 17, 2015, 09:57:31 PM

I was looking forward to taking it for a spin as well!

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 17, 2015, 09:48:38 PM

Soon as I saw this turn up for my 5 hour stint I was excited, ive only driven one other b7 alx and was grateful of the variety.

4293 was nice enough and made a welcome change from the sea of mk2 enviro's but my god was it slow up hill! On the 936 we was down to 20mph climbing barr beacon and again on the 51 up Walsall RD by the Clifton.

It was nice and smooth and nice to drive just a bit gutless!

5/10

Just had 2 hours 30 minutes on 4278 on 907s this morning. Exactly the same as 4293 it sounds. A lovely bus, although god it is slow at pulling off and uphill. I joined the A34 underpasses after stopping in Perry Barr and got down to around 25mph by the time I got to the top by Trinity Road Church, and then it was lovely to get back up to 40mph on the downhill section

MW

Tony

MW

Tony

Quote from: MW on June 18, 2015, 03:29:08 PM
Then it appears that I have incorrect information.

Yes, unfortunately garage gossip isn't always accurate, as you put in your original post 2201/2 were expected today, but I posted last night they wouldn't be arriving, so hadn't left & broken down.

BU07 LGO

Had this for a trip on the 935 today, was expecting it to be as great as all the other 47xx mk1 enviros I'd driven have been but how wrong was I!

I'm not sure if it had been modified to save fuel or there was an issue with it, but it seemed reluctant to rev, was slow and the engine quiet. It maintained 40 on the flyover but seemed to hesitate when pulling away

the other ex pb ones ive driven 4733,4,7 have all been great like the leather ones

MW

A complete shed. The pull on it is so slow! It managed around 18mph (indicated) up Marsh Hill but felt like 10! The interlocking system has an annoying delay unlike other Plaxtons. It kept cutting off when moving away from a stop too quickly (as the doors shut), you have to wait a couple of seconds. The engine noise was quite weird aswell. There were times it was rattling like mad and times it sounded near silent! Very weird Plaxton. Probably has the most character in one but just horribly slow, intrastate to 4102 I had earlier (another rattle one) but it kept up to a YW 47** (which was full and mine was empty but hey lol)

I can't wait to see the back of these! Those days were I get a Gemini for at least one portion of a duty is a good day!

When I get two, well it'll just be magic! (Only on the 5/31 I get that!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk