News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Memorable Transport Marketing

Started by the trainbasher, January 16, 2014, 04:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Now we all see route brandings and faresp promotions everyday out and about but some can be more memorable than others.

Firstly I was wondering what you think makes an advert or fares promotion memorable and second, can you name any that you would say would be memorable.

For me it you've be something that stands out of the crowd, that can toot it's own horn so to speak. Or its something that sticks in the memory banks because it's controversial.

One of the most memorable for me is the Oooh Matron route branding for Diamond Worcester City because of the controversy it contained yet it was memorable because it made sense having that kind of branding on a route serving a hospital

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

andy

I seem to remember a TV advert for London Liner featuring Boys Are Back In Town by Thin Lizzy, that always resonated...or am I imagining it?? Can't find it on Youtube anywhere...

CL

Speaking of YouTube, @ArrivaBusUK, they have some great ads about their Mobile Ticket Apps. Compatible for iPhones, Androids and Blackberry's!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Gareth

There are four advertising campaigns that really stick out in my memory. Wolf advertising the then new Faresaver, There's a bus pass for everyone including hamsters, 'Wake up little Suzy' for Interesting ways to travel and Getting better, growing stronger. All going back to WMT days.

CL

Weren't there some overall branded Metrobuses for the Travelcards? It was when WMT had the Bee mascot for the brummie accent for bus as 'buzz'
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

Quote from: clayderman on January 17, 2014, 12:03:20 AM
Weren't there some overall branded Metrobuses for the Travelcards? It was when WMT had the Bee mascot for the brummie accent for bus as 'buzz'

There was. Wasn't it the blue and yellow livery?
Pretty sure that 2666 was one to carry it

Westy

Didn't 2667 have a different Travelcard livery?

That bus was in Walsall for many years.

Off topic slightly,  but what about VR 4714 painted in South Staffordshire Tramways in 1985 & withdrawn in that livery in October 1986 (& still in that livery to this day at Aston Manor! )

Gareth

One of the WMPTE Blue and yellow travel card liveries was apparently going to be used on Timesavers before the silver livery was decided upon.

John

Quote from: John on January 17, 2014, 04:47:24 AM
Quote from: clayderman on January 17, 2014, 12:03:20 AM

There was. Wasn't it the blue and yellow livery?
Pretty sure that 2666 was one to carry it

This is the one I was on about worn by 2666
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31762625@N06/5648653043/

Lukeee

Always remember the Nifty Fifty by Diamond (even though its fairly recent and I belive one Centro might still carry it). Looked a bit like a new York taxi and always stood out on the 50, shame Diamond dropped the branding.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Lukeee on January 17, 2014, 09:41:15 PM
Always remember the Nifty Fifty by Diamond (even though its fairly recent and I belive one Centro might still carry it). Looked a bit like a new York taxi and always stood out on the 50, shame Diamond dropped the branding.

And one appeared on the 59 in Wolverhampton when both routes were at tividale

the trainbasher

I remember a unbranded banana (before the main stickers were put on!) doing a day on the 223 service

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Crikey yea the wake up little suzy ad...'and theres Timesaver for faster, smoother travel'. LOL. what about 'hes a careful owner,  shes a careful owner. .' Advert, just after they were sold off? Not really advertising but I remember a feature on central news in the 80s about how vandalism and seat repairs were costing a fortune,  and seeing loads of damaged metrobus moquette and red vynide seats stacked up...

Tony

The Metrorider with a giant telephone on the roof

Gareth

I remember that news report too Bob.
And he's the Metrorider with the telephone. Was that for the 250 phone service?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk