News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Quote from: Steve3229vp on January 15, 2024, 09:00:03 PMI don't have a problem with the grey livery, it's a good base for adding vinyls of any colour. It amazes me that you hear complaints about the 'It's Grey, so it must be awful' brigade but hardly any complaints (in comparison) about any of the liveries that had white as a base colour which let's face went grubby in no time at all.
The colour isn't the problem. The original platinum livery with its colour branded variants along with the first electrics and hydrogens are very smart.
But a grey version of the awful red and white layout just looks as uninspired.
There also late 80s grey Fleetline "we're just gonna paint around the adverts" vibes.
Understandably you can save a couple of quid per bus in not applying that bit of vinyl, but there seems to be quite a few buses without adverts at the moment and when they're not applied to the new grey livery, it just looks kinda cheap.

So no, it's not about complaining it's grey.

Lukeee

Quote from: Steve3229vp on January 15, 2024, 09:00:03 PMI don't have a problem with the grey livery, it's a good base for adding vinyls of any colour. It amazes me that you hear complaints about the 'It's Grey, so it must be awful' brigade but hardly any complaints (in comparison) about any of the liveries that had white as a base colour which let's face went grubby in no time at all.
Blackpool uses grey on their buses and that seems to be well liked. 

I believe the problem with the current NX livery is that it just seems a bit lazy and uninspired compared to the crimson livery and the platinum livery. In an ideal world NX would of carried on with the crimson livery for the electrics 

Tony

Quote from: Lukeee on January 15, 2024, 09:47:16 PMBlackpool uses grey on their buses and that seems to be well liked.

I believe the problem with the current NX livery is that it just seems a bit lazy and uninspired compared to the crimson livery and the platinum livery. In an ideal world NX would of carried on with the crimson livery for the electrics
Well that wasn't going to happen anyway, as Electrics are basically platinum spec 

EK40

Quote from: CL on January 15, 2024, 03:14:45 PMI've been reliably informed that E188 has had its vinyls applied today. Moreover, it also carries 'first responder' stickers (much like in London & Manchester) above the doors; I presume this'll be the standard on all EVs from here on.
Wonder if now the rest of the fleet will receive the stickers seeing how every bus in London and the repainted bee network buses now have them electric diesel or hybrid (and hydrogen)

jasmine

Quote from: BBS on January 15, 2024, 07:44:02 PMThat red really attracts the eye a lot more than the Coventry blue does
i find the opposite

Sh4318

Can we talk about how comfortable the seats are? They appear to be a bit more reclined than the standard platinum seats, makes for a very pleasant ride
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

wmacb13

An electric was out and about on Handsworth Wood road this morning circa 08:30. Assume this was for driver familiarisation. No fleet branding or fleet number so unable to ID.
Most likely E165 or E170.

CL

Quote from: wmacb13 on January 17, 2024, 12:52:34 PMAn electric was out and about on Handsworth Wood road this morning circa 08:30. Assume this was for driver familiarisation. No fleet branding or fleet number so unable to ID.
Most likely E165 or E170.
That'll be E165. E144 had been down here for driver training the past two days, but had left this morning.

E170 has been parked up for a while.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Coventrybususer95

Has the 2 tone grey been replaced by a single shade of grey now?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Wba_lad

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on January 17, 2024, 02:06:17 PMHas the 2 tone grey been replaced by a single shade of grey now?
I don't think so, I think only electric buses in the single tone grey is the zenobe buses like Z4001, Z4006 and Z4007 which have been vinaled to make them look more part of the fleet, but still a couple zenobe buses not branded up 

Wba_lad

4772 I seen on the 80 is only one tone grey I thought they was two tone grey for the new livery.

BNH2004

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on January 17, 2024, 02:06:17 PMHas the 2 tone grey been replaced by a single shade of grey now?

I've seen one 4834, 4842, ex CV 488* (dark grey) and 4983 (light grey) in one tone

Mike K

Couple of questions:
What's the reasoning behind some of the repaints being done in a single shade of grey - livery experimentation, running low on one shade of paint(!)?
The diagonal red vinyls on the newly delivered electrics - is this now a single block of red (as opposed to being 2 shades of narrow red stripes on the repaints)? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Danthebusman

Quote from: Mike K on January 18, 2024, 08:04:09 AMCouple of questions:
What's the reasoning behind some of the repaints being done in a single shade of grey - livery experimentation, running low on one shade of paint(!)?
The diagonal red vinyls on the newly delivered electrics - is this now a single block of red (as opposed to being 2 shades of narrow red stripes on the repaints)? It's hard to tell from the pictures.
I think I saw on here that older vehicles (pre-09 plates at a guess) will be getting just one shade of grey as they don't have much time left with the new electrics coming, whereas newer vehicles will be getting two shades.

Wba_lad

Just got on 6756 in Birmingham and as it pulled into carrs lane I noticed it's got new branding. It now carry's £4.50 day saver branding.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk