News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

And after all the new deliveries, Wolverhampton gets the one actually into service 1st........................A969 out on the road today.

karl724223

Quote from: BN on January 08, 2024, 04:02:23 PMAnd after all the new deliveries, Wolverhampton gets the one actually into service 1st........................A969 out on the road today.
Pensnetts spare bus  @BN?

Tony

Current location of the electrics so far delivered are below. The list has changed today twice, so although that is the position tonight it wasn't earlier.
PBBCWAWNPN
E170E172E164E165E178
E176E168E166E196
E186E169E167E199
E193E171E174E201
E194E173E177E210
E195E175E179E211
E198E182E180E213
E207E184E181E215
E208E187E183E217
E209E192E185
E212E188
E189
E190
E197
E200
E202
E203
E204
E205
E206
E214
E216

CL

I've been reliably informed that E188 has had its vinyls applied today. Moreover, it also carries 'first responder' stickers (much like in London & Manchester) above the doors; I presume this'll be the standard on all EVs from here on.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Quote from: CL on January 15, 2024, 03:14:45 PMI've been reliably informed that E188 has had its vinyls applied today. Moreover, it also carries 'first responder' stickers (much like in London & Manchester) above the doors; I presume this'll be the standard on all EVs from here on.
Photo on the main site later 

Gareth

Quote from: CL on January 15, 2024, 03:14:45 PMI've been reliably informed that E188 has had its vinyls applied today. Moreover, it also carries 'first responder' stickers (much like in London & Manchester) above the doors; I presume this'll be the standard on all EVs from here on.
Oh, so that's what the symbols are for! I'd seen them in London for a while, I'd just assumed it was for garage staff to easily identify which kind of bus/fuel type.

Tony

Here's E188, just the thin light grey strip below the top deck windows to go on.

NXWM E188 (wmbusphotos.com)

Stu

Quote from: Tony on January 15, 2024, 07:12:02 PMHere's E188, just the thin light grey strip below the top deck windows to go on.

Looks great to be honest.

I'm assuming that route branding is a thing of the past now? Or are there more surprises in store! :azn:

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on January 15, 2024, 07:33:15 PMLooks great to be honest.
All the 'It's Grey, so it must be awful' people will be along soon, surprised they haven't commented on the Facebook photo yet, every other photo I have put on has attracted them.

Until they settle down the problem with route branding electrics is the running boards tend to not have the same bus on the same route all day

BBS

QuoteLooks great to be honest.

I'm assuming that route branding is a thing of the past now? Or are there more surprises in store! :azn:
That red really attracts the eye a lot more than the Coventry blue does
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

frostjay974

Has anyone else noticed that the red/blue stripe on the electric buses slightly curve just above the wheels but on any other regular bus the stripe is fully straight?

Coventrybususer95

Will the electric warning signs be added to cvs buses in due course?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stu

Quote from: Tony on January 15, 2024, 07:39:50 PMAll the 'It's Grey, so it must be awful' people will be along soon, surprised they haven't commented on the Facebook photo yet, every other photo I have put on has attracted them.

Until they settle down the problem with route branding electrics is the running boards tend to not have the same bus on the same route all day
I must admit, I travelled on one of the 'Zenobes' the other week before Christmas, and thought that the use of the red on the grab rails certainly helped 'liven up' the interior. I haven't travelled on any of Coventry's yet, but I can see from your photos that theirs are also red inside, which sort of contrasts with the sky-blue vinyl stylings on the exterior.

Having said that though, after travelling on a couple of the ex-Coventry E400s at WB and YW, their blue grab-poles don't really bother me that much.

I've done some graphic design work in the past, and while grey might seem to many as 'boring', it does allow for some interesting combinations of colour for 'accents'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on January 15, 2024, 07:39:50 PMAll the 'It's Grey, so it must be awful' people will be along soon, surprised they haven't commented on the Facebook photo yet, every other photo I have put on has attracted them.

I don't have a problem with the grey livery, it's a good base for adding vinyls of any colour. It amazes me that you hear complaints about the 'It's Grey, so it must be awful' brigade but hardly any complaints (in comparison) about any of the liveries that had white as a base colour which let's face went grubby in no time at all.

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on January 15, 2024, 07:12:02 PMHere's E188, just the thin light grey strip below the top deck windows to go on.

That really suits, nice photo tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk