News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: don on July 15, 2023, 02:12:24 PMWest Bromwich already has some (and Scanias).
They are the only type you don't have to train everybody on as the cabs on the E200MMC & E400MMC are identical, so they are both signed if if you have been trained on the other

Tony

E172 & E173 have just arrived, so 9 delivered this week so far (along with E164-70)

ellspurs

Quote from: Tony on November 17, 2023, 02:56:02 PME172 & E173 have just arrived, so 9 delivered this week so far (along with E164-70)
I passed one on the Aston Expressway around 1pm so I guess it was one of these? (I only saw the Alexander Dennis on the display and that it was a 73 plate).

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on November 17, 2023, 06:23:27 PMI passed one on the Aston Expressway around 1pm so I guess it was one of these? (I only saw the Alexander Dennis on the display and that it was a 73 plate).
They arrived within about 10 minutes of each other, so I cannot tell which you saw

don

Can I ask a cheeky question @Tony ?

As CV destinations are displayed on the photos of the latest deliveries, are these first ten going there, possibly to displace E020 to E029 to a Birmingham garage? Or perhaps alternatively another 10 B7RLEs? 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on November 17, 2023, 08:17:38 PMCan I ask a cheeky question @Tony ?

As CV destinations are displayed on the photos of the latest deliveries, are these first ten going there, possibly to displace E020 to E029 to a Birmingham garage? Or perhaps alternatively another 10 B7RLEs?
No, Sorry, just a case of at the moment the only next stop file that has been written for the LED next stop screens is Coventry's, so to check they work correctly I have to put Coventry destinations on the front to check the announcements.

don

Quote from: Tony on November 17, 2023, 08:33:07 PMNo, Sorry, just a case of at the moment the only next stop file that has been written for the LED next stop screens is Coventry's, so to check they work correctly I have to put Coventry destinations on the front to check the announcements.
No problem - I did wonder 😀
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Jack6101

I've noticed over last few days multiple platinums have had there red brading removed under upstairs windows at rear but where fleet number is still got the red branding 6969 I noticed and a few others 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Wba_lad

Quote from: Jack6101 on December 11, 2023, 09:33:06 AMI've noticed over last few days multiple platinums have had there red brading removed under upstairs windows at rear but where fleet number is still got the red branding 6969 I noticed and a few others
Yeah I noticed that, I think across the company all free WiFi stickers and branding are being romoved I noticed it on some Walsall 67s then I noticed it on other buses too.

EK40

the three zenobe spares currently in use at yw are now in the new standard grey/red stripe livery now

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 11, 2023, 11:11:27 AMYeah I noticed that, I think across the company all free WiFi stickers and branding are being romoved I noticed it on some Walsall 67s then I noticed it on other buses too.
WiFi being switched off i've heard ,apparently only 1% of customers use it , i,m sure Tony has mentioned in the past its huge cost for  the equipment etc 

Gareth

Quote from: EK40 on December 14, 2023, 09:36:45 PMthe three zenobe spares currently in use at yw are now in the new standard grey/red stripe livery now
Have they just had a red stripe added to their all over dark grey, or have they had the fronts painted light grey too?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Gareth on December 15, 2023, 05:53:44 PMHave they just had a red stripe added to their all over dark grey, or have they had the fronts painted light grey too?
Just the red strips as they was already half and half iirc
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Mike K

I may be mistaken as it was quite some distance away, but I thought I saw one of the new electric buses in the new two-tone grey diagonal livery, complete with diagonal red stripe and detailing, going round the island at Selly Oak Retail park at around 9.30 this morning. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk