News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: Tony on June 07, 2023, 06:18:24 PM2019 now back at WN repainted with the extra red on the same as 2231.
The 'extra' red certainly helps to relieve the all over grey appearance.

cardew

Quote from: Tony on June 01, 2023, 09:46:17 PMThe remaining Coventry ones are very close, the charging points are in, just needing enough electricity to use them which we are promised this month. The Birmingham ones are looking like November/December time
We are a few weeks on from this message now, so it must be frustrating to still have so many Coventry electrics waiting to enter service and delaying cascades.

Danthebusman

Quote from: cardew on July 10, 2023, 02:04:19 PMWe are a few weeks on from this message now, so it must be frustrating to still have so many Coventry electrics waiting to enter service and delaying cascades.
i'm not complaining, the diesels get to stay longer!

quick ? has WMT to nxwm ever had a single colour livery, i can't think of one, may be the early batch of leyland lynx were they grey but arches/skirts another colour ? i quite like the single shade of blue Arriva are currently using. GMCA BEE network gone for single shade yellow colour 

Gareth

Quote from: 2900 on July 13, 2023, 10:23:58 AMquick ? has WMT to nxwm ever had a single colour livery, i can't think of one, may be the early batch of leyland lynx were they grey but arches/skirts another colour ? i quite like the single shade of blue Arriva are currently using. GMCA BEE network gone for single shade yellow colour
Very possibly by 1996, pre low floor the vast majority of the fleet would have been in 'red stripe', although in varying shades of silver and grey. I think the previous blue and silver/grey had been mostly eradicated by then apart from a couple of Fleetlines and a few lynxes.

winston

Quote from: Gareth on July 13, 2023, 11:19:06 AMVery possibly by 1996, pre low floor the vast majority of the fleet would have been in 'red stripe', although in varying shades of silver and grey. I think the previous blue and silver/grey had been mostly eradicated by then apart from a couple of Fleetlines and a few lynxes.
Those aren't 'single colour liveries'

The closest single colour livery WMT has had was the 2nd Timesaver Livery that 2957 currently carries i.e. allover blue with Gold Relief / Fleetnames, but that wasn't a standard fleet livery:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/coventrybuspics/43589242075

That said, even the new Bee Network Livery has black relief & detailing

Gareth

Quote from: winston on July 13, 2023, 11:53:40 AMThose aren't 'single colour liveries'

The closest single colour livery WMT has had was the 2nd Timesaver Livery that 2957 currently carries i.e. allover blue with Gold Relief / Fleetnames, but that wasn't a standard fleet livery:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/coventrybuspics/43589242075

That said, even the new Bee Network Livery has black relief & detailing
Ah, yes. Sorry I misread it as a single livery!

don

I know all of CV's electric double decks have yet to enter service, but with the knowledge the electric city project involves 100% electric by 2025, it appears 10 E200s will require replacement and cascade next year, perhaps. Is there any news which could be shared on how this might happen, and is it intended the double deckers replace the B7RLEs in their entirety at CV? 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

Quote from: don on July 14, 2023, 07:25:36 PMI know all of CV's electric double decks have yet to enter service, but with the knowledge the electric city project involves 100% electric by 2025, it appears 10 E200s will require replacement and cascade next year, perhaps. Is there any news which could be shared on how this might happen, and is it intended the double deckers replace the B7RLEs in their entirety at CV?
My understanding is that while there will always be a requirement for single deck vehicles for certain routes, the amount of electric double decks incoming will reduce the number of single decks overall at Coventry.

While there has not yet been any confirmation of any order for single-deck electric buses, there is still plenty of time to make a decision, and I'm sure we'll yet see another couple of demonstrators given the once over.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

don

Yeah that's my understanding as well - actually I should have said 11 E200s (839-44 and 871-5). 832 is currently in paint (presumed grey with red trim) and I presume 833 will follow at some point. That would be a CV fleet of 151 if all the DDs are cascaded (and the three old ones withdrawn), and all the B7RLEs are cascaded. 

BK63 YWP

Is there just 30 DD due this year followed by potentially 270 next year?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BBS

QuoteIndeed but if replaced by B7RLEs or double deckers this wouldn't happen. Another possibility is cascade of E200MMC to replace Omnilinks if the 4 gets converted to electric double decker. All conjecture but the next year will be very interesting indeed.
Most likley the 4 is going to be converted to electric, but there's way more Omnilinks in the fleet. You'll also need to train every garage that has never had e200MMC
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack on July 14, 2023, 09:22:52 PMWould much rather have an Omnilink over no bus at all, and much preferred to an E200 or B7RLE imo.
The comment about being better than no bus at all is rubbish, they're no good at all when they go flying past you full up when it's normally a double decker.

Sh4318

Quote from: don on July 14, 2023, 09:38:18 PMYeah that's my understanding as well - actually I should have said 11 E200s (839-44 and 871-5). 832 is currently in paint (presumed grey with red trim) and I presume 833 will follow at some point. That would be a CV fleet of 151 if all the DDs are cascaded (and the three old ones withdrawn), and all the B7RLEs are cascaded.
I personally look forward to 2153 in particular, returning to NXWM
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

don

Quote from: BBS on July 15, 2023, 12:22:57 AMMost likley the 4 is going to be converted to electric, but there's way more Omnilinks in the fleet. You'll also need to train every garage that has never had e200MMC
West Bromwich already has some (and Scanias). 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk