News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventrybususer95

Hope so just hope that it's the same both sides and not like the electric buses now 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

What do you mean by 'not the same both sides'?

Coventrybususer95

If you look at a university platinum the branding is different the the electric ones  the university ones are mirrored so there the same both side yet the electric ones have one number one side and on the other a list of places it serves
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

QuoteIf you look at a university platinum the branding is different the the electric ones  the university ones are mirrored so there the same both side yet the electric ones have one number one side and on the other a list of places it serves
As you cannot see both sides at the same time why is that a problem?
None of the electrics are being route branded.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Why are NX West Midlands repainting the fleet that are in the White and Red livery into Crimson when they've got the new 2 tone grey & red livery and only a handful are going into it

Tony

Just the last couple of Scanias are going Crimson to make them uniform as they only have a couple of years left. Buses expected to still be in service in 2025 are going Grey.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Are the Enviro400's going or are they staying until 2025?

Jack

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on July 07, 2022, 08:31:16 PMAre the Enviro400's going or are they staying until 2025?
I'd imagine the MK2's will be still here, 4830 and up.

RW

Why is the new 'grey' livery being introduced with little or no publicity? Previous new liveries have been introduced with vehicles on display in the new livery at that time at various prominent locations. This time, nothing. Why?

uniquicity

Quote from: RW on July 08, 2022, 09:07:18 AMWhy is the new 'grey' livery being introduced with little or no publicity? Previous new liveries have been introduced with vehicles on display in the new livery at that time at various prominent locations. This time, nothing. Why?

1) It's a stretch to call it a new livery. It's an evolution
2) Why would you publicise something so dull anyway

Stu

Quote from: RW on July 08, 2022, 09:07:18 AMWhy is the new 'grey' livery being introduced with little or no publicity? Previous new liveries have been introduced with vehicles on display in the new livery at that time at various prominent locations. This time, nothing. Why?
I presume there will be some kind of 'announcement' or publicity, perhaps when the new electric buses are launched in Coventry.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Stu on July 08, 2022, 10:51:44 AMI presume there will be some kind of 'announcement' or publicity, perhaps when the new electric buses are launched in Coventry.
That's what I was wondering if there going to do what they did with the platinums

RW

Quote from: uniquicity on July 08, 2022, 10:46:09 AM1) It's a stretch to call it a new livery. It's an evolution
Certainly agree with your 'dull' comment. May be a practical livery but the people of Coventry won't be stopping and going 'wow' as an electric passes them. Disappointing that NXWM haven't pushed the boat out and gone for an outstanding livery. Cheap but not very cheerful.

Mike K

Quote from: uniquicity on July 08, 2022, 10:46:09 AM1) It's a stretch to call it a new livery. It's an evolution
Agree with this. I liked the existing Platinum livery when it was introduced but have never been convinced by having an entire fleet in a dull two-tone grey. And in my opinion the new scheme is a backward step from the existing Platinum livery, which, old Lothian livery aside, was a bit different to most styles. A two-colour livery, split diagonally with the front end a different colour to the rest, is one of the most predictable and common out there. At least the likes of Transdev and Go North West enhance it with detail including vinyls, different colour front end panels etc.

The revised NXWM effort is very much a case of a functional livery that will require minimal maintenance, but there's no getting away from the fact that it's one of the most dull and unoriginal liveries out there. Having said that it's still better than the hideous Stagecoach scheme! 

Tony

QuoteAgree with this. I liked the existing Platinum livery when it was introduced but have never been convinced by having an entire fleet in a dull two-tone grey. And in my opinion the new scheme is a backward step from the existing Platinum livery, which, old Lothian livery aside, was a bit different to most styles. A two-colour livery, split diagonally with the front end a different colour to the rest, is one of the most predictable and common out there. At least the likes of Transdev and Go North West enhance it with detail including vinyls, different colour front end panels etc.

The revised NXWM effort is very much a case of a functional livery that will require minimal maintenance, but there's no getting away from the fact that it's one of the most dull and unoriginal liveries out there. Having said that it's still better than the hideous Stagecoach scheme!
The livery is also restricted as the owners of the new buses, Zenobe, have placed restrictions on colours that can be used.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk