News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

East Birmingham Sevice Changes - 4th June 2017

Started by 2206, April 10, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

:D

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 26, 2017, 06:50:26 PM
Where's the link to these changes please?

Download the PDF at this link:
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/ways-to-travel/bus/upcoming-bus-changes/

The service changes document just lists any registrations/variations made with the Office of the Traffic Commissioners, so doesn't really expand any further on what we know already.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

94 not serving the schools my old school CTC and Grimshaw. Not sure I understand that, assuming will have school journeys to replace.

X70 curious what will make it express.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 26, 2017, 07:03:36 PM
94 not serving the schools my old school CTC and Grimshaw.

Bloody hell, I'd missed that one.

Combined with the loss of the 59 & 97A, It's fair to say i'm totally unimpressed with the latest mucking about for the sake of it service alterations.

monkeyjoe

Well lets see what these 96 and the super duper X12 will have to offer. People must have asked for more direct routes etc

Adam 404

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 26, 2017, 07:31:27 PM
Well lets see what these 96 and the super duper X12 will have to offer. People must have asked for more direct routes etc
Might be to do with this: http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/survey-shows-sustained-satisfaction-levels-for-bus-passengers

"However satisfaction with actual journey time – once on the bus – continued its downward trend of the last few years, slipping from 86% in spring 2015 to 80% this year. "

"A negative finding is once again the time the bus takes to get from A to B – which is really about traffic congestion and only reinforces our commitment to making travelling on public transport a better experience."

Steveminor

94 not serving the schools my old school CTC and Grimshaw. Not sure I understand that, assuming will have school journeys to replace.

Not to worry claribels will still be serving cooks lane & chelmsley rd

Stu

X70 curious what will make it express.

It mentions on the document 'flexi' - so I am curious also. The X1 and X2 are 'flexi' routes, which is why sometimes they will use Coventry Road through Small Heath if Small Heath Highway is congested.

I'm also curious about what it states about the 70 - "Revised timetable; two journeys only" - I'm reading this as it will only operate two journeys a day?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Steveminor on April 26, 2017, 07:49:21 PM
Not to worry claribels will still be serving cooks lane & chelmsley rd

Their is no way NXWM will miss out on the kids wanting to do Cooks Lane - Washwood Heath etc. Used to be packed when I did it as a kid was over 20 years ago but demographic of the school could have changed that much lol.

Brummie45

Does that mean that the X12 and X70 could use Washwood Heath Rd or Heartlands Parkway.

Current Local Routes 53,94,96 and X12. Nearby routes 55,70,71,71A,99 and X70.

Jack D

Looking at the changes does this mean that only 1 service will be going through Shard End being the 55 or will they maybye through there.

The occasional 70 journeys may be for Park Hall students at Coleshill have the 891 and Park Hall don't have a bus allocated to school route.

monkeyjoe

The only they could do that would be the bit between the old garage and the Saltey viaduct island. From memory in the rush hours the queues build so would be similar to the Cov rd scenarios. That would make sense in my view. Its a tight left turn onto the washwood heath rd though for a bus??

Quote from: monkeyjoe on April 26, 2017, 08:26:48 PM
The only they could do that would be the bit between the old garage and the Saltey viaduct island. From memory in the rush hours the queues build so would be similar to the Cov rd scenarios. That would make sense in my view. Its a tight left turn onto the washwood heath rd though for a bus??
What are you suggesting? Sending a bus down Aston Church Road? Green Bus Presidents turn left from Aston Church Road onto the Washwood Heath Road on the 844 every day, so not to tight for a bus. It was 301, ex NXWM 4101 today. NX have diverted the 55/56/70/94 down there in the past as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2206 on April 26, 2017, 08:31:46 PM
What are you suggesting? Sending a bus down Aston Church Road? Green Bus Presidents turn left from Aston Church Road onto the Washwood Heath Road on the 844 every day, so not to tight for a bus. It was 301, ex NXWM 4101 today. NX have diverted the 55/56/70/94 down there in the past as well.

In that case that is what I am predicting they are going to do on the x bus then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk