News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Kev's Cars & Coaches

Started by Adam 404, January 09, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B61 ANDREW

WJV and WJU both new to Britannia Parking. 

igogeneral

J282B/6   8.9m Enviro200  YX69 NLO
J282B/7   8.9m Enviro200  YX69 NLP
J282B/8   8.9m Enviro200  YX69 NLR
J282B/9   8.9m Enviro200  YX69 NLT
J282B/10 8.9m Enviro200  YX69 NLU

vehicles for 19 service due to arrive next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

igogeneral

updated fleet list now with fleet numbers

KX57FML   201      Primo
KX08HMC   202      Primo
WA59GOE   203      Primo
YJ62FYZ   204      Solo
KX64AEO   205      Solo
KX64AED   206      Solo
SN66WJU   207      Enviro 200
SN66WJV   208      Enviro 200
YX19OTW   209      Enviro 200
YX19OTZ   210      Enviro 200
YX19OTY   211      Enviro 200
YX69NLO   212      Enviro 200
YX69NLP   213      Enviro 200
YX69NLR   214      Enviro 200
YX69NLT   215      Enviro 200
YX69NLU   216      Enviro 200

Looking forward to Monday and the start of the 19 service. Only from 207 down will work on TfWM contracts the others work for Worcestershire.

PeterHorridgePSVC

Re 203, there is no WA 59 GOE but there is a WA 54 GOE.  However, this is an Irisbus school bus not a Primo!  Do you mean KX 59 GOA?
Many thanks for the list, are the numbers carried on the vehicles?
What has happened to:
KX 06 LXP
KX 07 KNW
And do you still have the East Yorkshire Primos in the yard?

B61 ANDREW

If I remember correctly , YX06HVM went for scrap - after component recovery - last December. One other was also donating parts and the "plan" was to get the other two up and running as and when. Not sure if that has changed though. I'm sure igogeneral will be able to confirm.

igogeneral

You are of course correct, it is GOA. LXP has a blown engine and when we get around to it it will be replaced. KNW not given fleet number at this time as it will probably stay in reserve. Due to the awful weather the last few days fleet numbers not yet applied to vehicles but will be soon. Already for tomorrows start on the 19 service, all training completed so the rest is down to the drivers some of whom are new to the route. Thankfully roads should be quiet due to half term so gives them more of a chance.

igogeneral

I am making this statement on this forum as I know that many bus enthusiasts visit it on a regular basis. If Tony or any other of the moderators think it is out of order then I apologise in advance.

Yesterday one of our drivers left the business as a result of a certain member of the forum taking a video along the length of the 19 route and posting it on Facebook. I will not go into why the driver left other than to say that the video was an intrusion into his privacy and that of other passengers on the vehicle.

We welcome comments on this forum and others about the business however, in future, anyone carrying out unauthorised filming on any KEV's Bus or Coach will be asked to cease or to leave the vehicle.

I am sorry to take this stance but good drivers are hard to get so losing them to someone else's thoughtless action is difficult to accept.

Tony

Quote from: igogeneral on November 01, 2019, 12:44:55 PM
I am making this statement on this forum as I know that many bus enthusiasts visit it on a regular basis. If Tony or any other of the moderators think it is out of order then I apologise in advance.

Yesterday one of our drivers left the business as a result of a certain member of the forum taking a video along the length of the 19 route and posting it on Facebook. I will not go into why the driver left other than to say that the video was an intrusion into his privacy and that of other passengers on the vehicle.

We welcome comments on this forum and others about the business however, in future, anyone carrying out unauthorised filming on any KEV's Bus or Coach will be asked to cease or to leave the vehicle.

I am sorry to take this stance but good drivers are hard to get so losing them to someone else's thoughtless action is difficult to accept.

No problem with you posting this. I am not a fan of people filming the inside of vehicles showing other people. Lothian have banned this practise and if you want to record the route and the performance of the vehicle surely pointing the camera out of the window is more interesting anyway.

Everyone please remember on the street taking photos and video is perfectly legal, but once you are in private property the owner can set the rules

igogeneral

Thanks Tony. I have no wish to spoil peoples fun but to bus drivers buses are not a hobby, they are how they make a living and a hard one at that.

igogeneral

Contactless coming to KEV'Sbus, TfWM services only at the moment, from early February.

While we wait Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

metrocity

Quote from: igogeneral on December 18, 2019, 10:26:16 PM
Contactless coming to KEV'Sbus, TfWM services only at the moment, from early February.

While we wait Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.
Good news, although it's a shame TFWM have been so slow introducing this technology for the independents. Hopefully the introduction of fare capping will be abit more Swift (excuse the pun)

4369Beast

YX69 NLU was the unfortunate victim of vandalism on the last 19 to maypole last night. At approximately 17:48 YX69 NLU turned left onto wychall lane from a side road when youths threw a rock at the bus and smashed the window.

richardjones210368

Quote from: 4369Beast on January 19, 2020, 06:48:18 PM
YX69 NLU was the unfortunate victim of vandalism on the last 19 to maypole last night. At approximately 17:48 YX69 NLU turned left onto wychall lane from a side road when youths threw a rock at the bus and smashed the window.
Sadly a reflection of our times a brand new bus from a hard working operator mindlessly attacked so our thoughts with Kevs management some of us appreciate thier work on the 147 & 318 were not all mindless idiots I was on a PN6 Streetdeck when it was bricked in Dudley it's just so common today perhaps Kevs should follow WMT and put a protective film on its windows if this is to become a regular issue on TfWM services for its passengers safely it's so sad.

Kevin

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 19, 2020, 09:04:53 PM
Sadly a reflection of our times a brand new bus from a hard working operator mindlessly attacked so our thoughts with Kevs management some of us appreciate thier work on the 147 & 318 were not all mindless idiots I was on a PN6 Streetdeck when it was bricked in Dudley it's just so common today perhaps Kevs should follow WMT and put a protective film on its windows if this is to become a regular issue on TfWM services for its passengers safely it's so sad.

Oh my god, someone bricked a bus, that means the bus service would be delayed, well that must only mean the bus company is completely not fit for purpose and they should be embarrassed by the service they run....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

richardjones210368

Quote from: Kevin on January 20, 2020, 07:35:25 AM
Oh my god, someone bricked a bus, that means the bus service would be delayed, well that must only mean the bus company is completely not fit for purpose and they should be embarrassed by the service they run....
Kevs are an excellent bus and coach company providing a first class bus service to Halesowen and Hagley some another bus company based in Birmingham could learn a lot from the professionalism of this Worcestershire operator why anyone would comment they are not fit for purpose and should be embarrassed by the service they run is beyond comprehension.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk