News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

stay local, pay local

Started by 2206, May 19, 2017, 04:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: Jack D on May 20, 2017, 10:49:48 PM
Who told you

The various posters above, including one bus driver.

Solo1

How do u know there's not more areas  with the new stay local all will be revealed  tomorrow

Westy

Didnt Walsall have a low fare zone before & they axed it?

Dom

Quote from: Solo1 on May 20, 2017, 11:28:41 PM
How do u know there's not more areas  with the new stay local all will be revealed  tomorrow

Because it's A new low-fare zone. Not new low fare zones.

Wait until 11 and you'll see that it's Walsall.

CL

Quote from: Dom on May 20, 2017, 10:19:28 AM
I can see a Wolverhampton low fare zone coming in the not so distant future as well if I'm honest.
Likewise, I could imagine Solihull too.  ???
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: Dom on May 21, 2017, 07:38:31 AM
Because it's A new low-fare zone. Not new low fare zones.

Wait until 11 and you'll see that it's Walsall.
As was said, it's Walsall.
http://nxbus.co.uk/walsall
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

P419 EJW

Dom

Can someone in the know tell me the last stop that the S&D tickets can be used on the 81 please? Wolverhampton bound.

Jack6101

I believe it's clifton st by gorge (A463)road as the the last bus stop in dudley on the 81 towards Wolverhampton
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on May 21, 2017, 01:31:18 PM
Can someone in the know tell me the last stop that the S&D tickets can be used on the 81 please? Wolverhampton bound.

Exactly @Dom , the maps aren't exactly self explanatory.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

I get the fact that the new Walsall zone goes as far as West Brom, Scott Arms and Pheasey, but seems a tad strange that it actually says it's valid on the 5 between them. Not gonna lie I'm grateful and I think people in Great Barr will be equally so because they missed out when the Sandwell boundary cut them out, but on that front it would be nice to have included the whole of the 46 through Hamstead, ah well
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Intriguing to note that Walsall tickets are valid to West Bromwich, but Sandwell tickets aren't valid to Walsall!

Also isn't the Newton Road(or parts of!) classed as Sandwell, so the Walsall availability on the 5 & 46 should be valid on Dudley Sandwell tickets as well?

That's how both maps look to me.

Kevin

Quote from: Westy on May 27, 2017, 11:57:35 PM
Also isn't the Newton Road(or parts of!) classed as Sandwell, so the Walsall availability on the 5 & 46 should be valid on Dudley Sandwell tickets as well?

Exactly my point - yes Sandwell officially includes that large chunk of Hamstead and three corners of the Scott Arms junction, also Yew Tree just beyond Tame Bridge station on the 45 is cut out if you want to go on technicalities
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Perhaps @Tony  or someone could explain the differences?

BK63 YWP

New Area announced tomorrow - Wolverhampton maybe??
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk