News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

stay local, pay local

Started by 2206, May 19, 2017, 04:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straightlines

I can only see the nBus product becoming weaker and weaker with the substantial reduction in competition over the last few years and the gulf in price between NXWMs product and the TfWM one.

The fact you can now have contactless paperless capping on NX also unfortunately makes this a more attractive product to Customers who will find themselves a Daysaver user by default.

V89MOA

Just another recycled idea taken from NXWM then...

Dom

Quote from: V89MOA on June 28, 2018, 12:25:47 PM

Here comes Mr. Critical yet again.

Another idea? Explain further....

metrocity

Quote from: V89MOA on June 28, 2018, 12:25:47 PM
You should take some time to read the 2011 Competition Commission report (now known as the CMA) which investigated competition in the Local Bus Service market in the UK. Then you will see why this idea has been 'recycled'

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on June 28, 2018, 12:29:20 PM
Here comes Mr. Critical yet again.

Another idea? Explain further....
NXWM launch off peak daysavers - tfwm launch off peak Nbus
NXWM launch local and area daysavers - tfwm launch local Nbuses...

The tail is wagging the dog!

Dom

Quote from: V89MOA on June 28, 2018, 01:43:09 PM
NXWM launch off peak daysavers - tfwm launch off peak Nbus
NXWM launch local and area daysavers - tfwm launch local Nbuses...

The tail is wagging the dog!

And before you start with that there is a reason as mentioned by MetroCity

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on June 28, 2018, 02:15:12 PM
And before you start with that there is a reason as mentioned by MetroCity
Yes master.

Westy

Kevin

Quote from: Westy on August 01, 2018, 10:20:24 PM
Any reason why on the Walsall map, part of the Turnberry Estate in Bloxwich is not valid?

Some other interesting omissions around Brownhills as well. Also I notice the Sandwell and Dudley zone has missed out Great Barr again but somehow also misses out Kinver (part of the NWM area) while including Hagley (never been part of the NWM area)
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

DJ

Quote from: Kevin on August 02, 2018, 08:19:13 AM
Some other interesting omissions around Brownhills as well. Also I notice the Sandwell and Dudley zone has missed out Great Barr again but somehow also misses out Kinver (part of the NWM area) while including Hagley (never been part of the NWM area)

Weirdly, the 79 route from Bilston up to West Bromwich seems to be covered, except for the short branch off the main road up to the Asda in Darlaston. There's also the fact that Smethwick is also omitted, despite being a part of Sandwell.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Quote from: StourValley98 on August 02, 2018, 09:33:54 PM
Weirdly, the 79 route from Bilston up to West Bromwich seems to be covered, except for the short branch off the main road up to the Asda in Darlaston. There's also the fact that Smethwick is also omitted, despite being a part of Sandwell.

Smethwick isnt included in the NX version either!

wulfrun

Are SLPL day tickets sold at "SALE" price (post June 2019) if bought using Swift PAYG?

NXWM don't mention a price difference - nothing about a different price if using Swift.
https://nxbus.co.uk/paylocal
"On bus" day ticket price is £3.

Yet NWM say the NXWM ticket is £3.40 "when you buy this ticket with Swift PAYG credit on National Express Bus" - but £3 (SALE Price) "when you buy this ticket On National Express Bus"
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/tickets/#/ticket/876

The nBus version is £3.70 on Swift PAYG but £3.30 (SALE) on a NX Bus.
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/tickets/#/ticket/872

"Forward in Unity"

wulfrun

Why does Wolverhampton not have a SLPL Zone?

Wolverhampton is the smallest Borough in the County, yet to venture to/from city centre to the city suburbs, or across the city, you pay the highest fares in the County.

Day travel:
Cost of travel in Wolverhampton is £4.60 compared to just £3 across the border in neighbouring Walsall; a borough that is 1.5 times bigger than Wolverhampton.

Regular commuters:
Walsillians are charged £456 p/a (monthly SLPL DD @ £38) for their travels around a 40 miles2 area + Bilston & West Brom Bus Stations, but Wulfrunians pay £634.80 p/a (Black Country Monthly DD @ £52.90) to travel shorter distances within a city borough no bigger than 26.8 miles2.

Therefore Wulfrunians pay £178.80 p/a more (+39.2%) to travel across a Borough that is 2/3 the size of Walsall or 1/2 of the size of the Sandwell and Dudley SLPL Zone, to gain access to a NX Bus network that provides travel solutions in the West of the city,  for journeys between 0.8 - 1.3 miles, that are quicker to walk in 15-45mins during working hours BEFORE you take congestion into consideration.

Is this "fare"?

Why should people living and commuting to work/shop in Wolverhampton, have to pay for a ticket that gives them access to places as far away as Hednesford?

What use is a ticket to Hednesford, when you spend 5 days a week commuting 3.5 miles to work in Wolverhampton city centre?

A bus only trip to Hednesford, once in a while, is better served on a Day Saver. Walsillians can pay for a ticket that does not cover travel to Perton or Halesowen. So why can't Wulfrunians be treated the same – in the ONLY city NX Bus boast on the sides of their buses they are so "proud to support"?

There is no such gloating on the sides of NX Buses in Walsall or Dudley – where residents in those boroughs are able to travel distances twice as far as in Wolverhampton for 2/3 the price.

Why can't people living in the NW of the County have a choice of ticket that matches their actual travel needs: SLPL or Black Country or WM County?
"Forward in Unity"

Westy

How far along the Darlaston Road are the Walsall area tickets?

Assuming the company I work for does not have another bright idea & move me to another depot, I was considering changing from a Nbus Black Country to a cheaper pass.

(I work at James Bridge)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk