News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

1421 Preservation Project

Started by MrBevan2000, November 02, 2015, 09:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBevan2000

Hi guys. For those wondering where the thread had gone, it was deleted and so was the donation page. However we are back on track and have a new donation page. https://www.gofundme.com/6n869dec

domino.99

Quote from: Michael Bevan on November 02, 2015, 09:32:17 PM
Hi guys. For those wondering where the thread had gone, it was deleted and so was the donation page. However we are back on track and have a new donation page. https://www.gofundme.com/6n869dec

Why was it deleted

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Dom on November 02, 2015, 09:37:22 PM
Why was it deleted

@P419 EJW decided to leave the project. We made sure all donations were refunded before shutting down. However everyone else involved wants to continue this project so we decided to continue.

MrBevan2000

If anyone has any questions about the project, feel free to ask me on this thread or via a message.

BU07 LGO

I said before I'd donate but 5000 is way too much for a few forum members to raise

MrBevan2000

Quote from: BU07 LGO on November 03, 2015, 05:34:55 PM
I said before I'd donate but 5000 is way too much for a few forum members to raise

Well we need £2,500 minimum. But we'll lower the £5,000 figure If needed.

domino.99

Quote from: Michael Bevan on November 03, 2015, 05:40:00 PM
Well we need £2,500 minimum. But we'll lower the £5,000 figure If needed.

Are you contributing money yourselves?

MrBevan2000

MrBevan2000

Right, I've had a message that 1421 has been lined up for scrap. Does anyone know if this is true?

Kevin

Quote from: Michael Bevan on November 04, 2015, 10:19:57 PM
Right, I've had a message that 1421 has been lined up for scrap. Does anyone know if this is true?

Surely, and don't take this personally man, but if you're involved in a project to save a bus, then you'd be in the know on that sort of thing. You know, like with some sort of constant dialogue between yourselves and the people that currently own the bus
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Kevin on November 05, 2015, 06:39:15 AM
Surely, and don't take this personally man, but if you're involved in a project to save a bus, then you'd be in the know on that sort of thing. You know, like with some sort of constant dialogue between yourselves and the people that currently own the bus

I'm currently waiting for a response. I emailed NXWM last week.

MrBevan2000

Hi guys! We received a donation of £1,000 today! It looks like it isn't displaying on the website but I have been told it is on the system! If the person is on here, I would like to thank the person who sent it!

Gareth

Quote from: Michael Bevan on November 07, 2015, 08:12:38 PM
Hi guys! We received a donation of £1,000 today! It looks like it isn't displaying on the website but I have been told it is on the system! If the person is on here, I would like to thank the person who sent it!

Well that's still not showing, and usually it's instant.

I'm usually a fan of crowd funding and online donating to good causes, and I wish you well on your quest. But everything seems very vague.

Kevin

So, questions:

- Where is it likely to be stored?
- What sort of work needs doing on it?
- What sort of timescale do you have on it? i.e. How long has anyone said they'll keep it earmarked it for you?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2015, 12:33:14 PM
So, questions:

- Where is it likely to be stored?
- What sort of work needs doing on it?
- What sort of timescale do you have on it? i.e. How long has anyone said they'll keep it earmarked it for you?

Firstly, I have been speaking to Diamond and we will be storing it at one of their depots. Secondly, from the photographs I have seen the bus appears to be in a good condition, but until we can inspect the bus we do not know what needs doing. Lastly, I have emailed NXWM and I am awaiting a response. However I am getting a bit concerned they haven't got back to me yet. I intend to go to NXWM directly (since the email I was given was for a person at NXWM) if we do not get a response this week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk