News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

1421 Preservation Project

Started by MrBevan2000, November 02, 2015, 09:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Gareth on November 08, 2015, 12:02:08 PM
Well that's still not showing, and usually it's instant.

I'm usually a fan of crowd funding and online donating to good causes, and I wish you well on your quest. But everything seems very vague.

I did recieve this text yesterday. I'm going to look into why it isn't showing up.

Stuharris 6360

@Michael Bevan Are you sure its not another hoax, remember last week you had a text about a Perry Barr open day!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 08, 2015, 12:54:55 PM
@Michael Bevan Are you sure its not another hoax, remember last week you had a text about a Perry Barr open day!

Another person on the project got the same text.

MrBevan2000

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 08, 2015, 12:54:55 PM

This was the text the other person got.

MrBevan2000

I've just been told they have withdrawn the donation. We are back to £0.

karl724223

MrBevan2000

MrBevan2000

After having a thought, we have decided to lower the figure to £2,500. We thought £5,000 was too high.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

I'm sorry but your profile says you are 15 years old! You can't even ride a moped on the road let alone drive a full size single decker bus? I admire your ambition but raising the money is probably the most simple part to this project

MrBevan2000

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on November 08, 2015, 04:57:54 PM
I'm sorry but your profile says you are 15 years old! You can't even ride a moped on the road let alone drive a full size single decker bus? I admire your ambition but raising the money is probably the most simple part to this project

However I'm not the only one involved in the project. I have a Central Buses driver who used to own a Wright Handybus and a PB driver involved. I'm just doing bits and bobs.

domino.99

Quote from: Michael Bevan on November 08, 2015, 05:02:06 PM
However I'm not the only one involved in the project. I have a Central Buses driver who used to own a Wright Handybus and a PB driver involved. I'm just doing bits and bobs.

Like what?

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on November 08, 2015, 05:02:06 PM

The problem I have is you put your name against 1452 at Lea Hall. The reserve fleet team got it roadworthy and moved it to Miller Street where it is still sitting. Something they definitely didn't have to do for a bus that NX are selling at a loss.

You stated earlier you had a WA driver involved in 1421. If you had he would have been able to tell you it hasn't moved since I put it back against the fence after the photo session at the 301 running day. It also still has it's ticket printer on, so is 'not being prepared for scrap' as you told me you had heard

domino.99

Quote from: Tony on November 08, 2015, 05:37:24 PM
The problem I have is you put your name against 1452 at Lea Hall. The reserve fleet team got it roadworthy and moved it to Miller Street where it is still sitting. Something they definitely didn't have to do for a bus that NX are selling at a loss.

You stated earlier you had a WA driver involved in 1421. If you had he would have been able to tell you it hasn't moved since I put it back against the fence after the photo session at the 301 running day. It also still has it's ticket printer on, so is 'not being prepared for scrap' as you told me you had heard

What do you mean by 'Put your name against 1452'? @Tony

Tony

Quote from: Dom on November 08, 2015, 05:39:02 PM
What do you mean by 'Put your name against 1452'? @Tony

Exactly what I have put.

He emailed NX asking for it to be put aside for him

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk