News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hagley Road First Sprint Network.

Started by monkeyjoe, July 31, 2014, 11:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

In tonight's express and star  there's an artical about future plans for public transport
Sprint network
Brum Hagley road  bearwood  Dudley
And  Dudley Russell's hall hospital brierley hill

Quote from: karl724223 on September 13, 2017, 05:18:48 PM
In tonight's express and star  there's an artical about future plans for public transport
Sprint network
Brum Hagley road  bearwood  Dudley
And  Dudley Russell's hall hospital brierley hill
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport/2017/09/12/transport-network-in-the-black-country---all-change/
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Oh Jesus so they're still pressing ahead with it then? Or is this just the E&S picking up an old story?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

JoNi

I presume promoters are confident they will get dispensation for overlength vehicles.

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

Next decade after they will actually start.

Typhoon2000

Couple of things to tidy up.

Broad Street and Bridge Street are going through modofcations to prevent cars from heading west bound from.the Hyatt, pushing more vehicles onto the ringroad. That will have it's own set of problems up at Fiveways as the underpass is in the wrong orientation ( up until recently it served cars into and out of Brum, not the ringroad which should really have been priority).

Sprint buses construction was offered to Van Hool.

Trams leave the road after Fiveways, and are planned to stay off road at least past Bearwood. The orginal route was to Dudley South via Wolverhampton road but may be shortened to a park and ride by the M5 junction. The whole of the lefthand side of Hagley Road are commercial business car parks which are eith owned be the council or can easily be CPO'd to run the route down (this plan has been ready for a couple of decades!) - off topic, another discussion, blame Mike 'Bumbling Idiot' Whitby and then the recession.

Hagley Road will be modified in layout (various areas) and the buses will have traffic control system onboard (for the traffic lights.) A Sprint Lane looks likely over Monument Road on the Ivy Bush doorstep, so no more parked cars and fighting for lanes.

There is word  of Sprint terminating at Centenary Square, which makes me wonder if the Sprints will be double-ended. I know Volvo does these but I'm pretty sure TfWM is not going with that idea.

Yes, I do think this will be a waste of time when they can ask NXBus to run a limited stop bendy bus and use bus lanes OR just build the bloody tram route.
People - The life blood of a city.
Public transport - the veins it flows by.

Walsall1955

Quote from: JoNi on September 14, 2017, 02:49:28 PM
I presume promoters are confident they will get dispensation for overlength vehicles.
"Passenger Transport" dated 22 September 2017 at page 10 carries an article regarding the Sprint plans. 
This articles starts off saying "Transport for the West Midlands appears to be stepping away from earlier plans to seek a derogation that would allow it to introduce 24-metre long bi-articulated vehicles on its plant Sprint bus rapid transt network"

karl724223

News artical in express and star about sprint network again

Ally

~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

mark114

Well it all looks very good on paper

Stevo

Seems a bit tactless when Kenilworth station is soon to open with a service to Ricoh and beyond.

D10

As it seems that precisely sod all has happened in the 11 years since this article was written, I think this has been confined to the dustbin!

Tony

winston

That's good news for the region, shame the original Halesowen Sprint route has now been put back to 2026.

Hopefully they'll also drop the idea of using artic's for sprint.....

With the Commonwealth Games driving investment / imrpovements, hopefully some attention can be directed at other main bus corridors where there is much room for bus priorities.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk